Mitchell Alan Hackbarth
M, b. June 13, 1954, d. November 23, 2013
- Birth: Mitchell Alan Hackbarth was born on June 13, 1954 in Hustisford, Dodge Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 16, 1985.
- Death: He died on November 23, 2013, at age 59.
- Note: Hackbarth, Mitchell Alan
Our generous and loving God welcomed his faithful servant, Mitchell Alan Hackbarth, into his heavenly home on Saturday, November 23, 2013, at the age of 59. Mitch spent the last week of his earthly life surrounded by his loving family, battling a newly diagnosed leukemia. He will be greatly missed by his family, many friends, and co-workers.
Mitch was born on June 13, 1954, in Hustisford, WI to Everett and Betty Ann Hackbarth. He excelled in academics and sports at Hustisford High School and graduated in 1972. He continued his education at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, where he received a bachelor's degree in accounting in 1976. Mitch started his career working as an auditor for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. In 1979, he began his long career at ThedaCare. Mitch held many different positions at ThedaCare, eventually working his way up to
Vice President/Finance. Along the way, Mitch developed many lasting friendships with his co-workers.
In 1982, Mitch met his wife, Pat. They were married on November 16, 1985. Mitch and Pat are the proud parents of two children, Jennifer and Nick. These children were the focus of Mitch's life. Anyone who knew Mitch listened to countless stories about his kids and how proud he was of them. He was a great coach and mentor. Mitch was also a member of Bethany Lutheran Church and enjoyed serving God as an usher.
Mitch was a unique guy who had countless different circles of friends. Whether it was his "Husty" buddies, his "sports dads" at Appleton North, or his Serenity Bay friends, Mitch was the life of the party and always encouraged people to "celebrate his birthday" with him. Everyone who knew Mitch will most certainly miss his vibrant personality and fun-loving spirit.
Mitch is survived by his wife, Pat, and their children, Jennifer (fiancé Mitchell Torres) and Nick. He is also survived by his loving mother, Betty Ann Hackbarth, and his sister, Susan (George) Spang. Mitch will be greatly missed by his wife's family: Bill and Jean Errington, Kathy Errington, Barb and Bob Van Eperen, and their children Rachel and Nathan. His father, Everett, and his niece, Emily Van Eperen, preceded Mitch in death.
Visitation will be held on Friday, November 29, 2013, at Valley Funeral Home from 4-8 p.m. Visitation continues Saturday morning at Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church (930 East Florida Avenue, Appleton) from 9-10:30 a.m. with the service following at 11 a.m. officiated by Pastor Mark Henke. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, the family encourages donations to any of the ThedaCare Foundations or Bethany Lutheran Church in Appleton.
Mitch's family would like to thank everyone at ThedaCare for all of their love and support during this time. Words cannot express how grateful we are for your kindness. We would especially like to thank Dr. Anthony Phillips, Dr. Philip Yazbak, and all of the ICU nurses at Theda Clark. In addition, the comfort brought to our family by Pastor Mark Henke and Rev. KC Schueler will never be forgotten.
M, b. May 14, 1898, d. April 29, 1992
- Birth: Paul Wilke was born on May 14, 1898.
- Death: He died on April 29, 1992, at age 93.
F, b. 1905, d. 1990
Family: Paul Wilke (b. May 14, 1898, d. April 29, 1992)
- Birth: Elizabeth Donaldson was born in 1905 in Yoker, Scotland.
- Death: She died in 1990, at age ~85, in Muskego, Waukesha Co. Wisconsin.
M, b. October 4, 1870, d. September 14, 1957
- Birth: Carl Wilke was born on October 4, 1870 in Germany.
- Death: He died on September 14, 1957, at age 86, in Berne, Switzerland.
F, b. 1842
Family: Carl Wilke (b. October 4, 1870, d. September 14, 1957)
- Birth: Sophie Muller was born in 1842.
M, b. January 23, 1843
- Birth: Carl Wilke was born on January 23, 1843 in Prussia.
- Death: He died in Germany.
F, b. circa 1843
- Birth: Friederike Brehm was born circa 1843.
M, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Ludwig Wilke was born circa 1815.
F, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Helene Boentgen was born circa 1815.
M, b. May 5, 1873, d. July 11, 1930
- Birth: Alexander Donaldson was born on May 5, 1873.
- Marriage: He and Mary McAulay were married on October 30, 1903 in Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- Death: Alexander Donaldson died on July 11, 1930, at age 57.
F, b. 1877, d. 1943
- Birth: Mary McAulay was born in 1877 in Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, Scotland.
- Marriage: She and George McIlroy were married on July 17, 1896.
- Marriage: Mary McAulay and Alexander Donaldson were married on October 30, 1903 in Stirlingshire, Scotland.
- Death: Mary McAulay died in 1943, at age ~66.
M, b. November 29, 1806, d. May 30, 1874
- Birth: John Donaldson was born on November 29, 1806 in Cambusbarren, Stirling, Scotland.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Forbes were married on September 18, 1836.
- Death: John Donaldson died on May 30, 1874, at age 67, in Cambusbarren, Stirling, Scotland.
F, b. August 2, 1812, d. July 16, 1903
- Birth: Catherine Forbes was born on August 2, 1812 in Dunblane, Perthshire, Scotland.
- Marriage: She and John Donaldson were married on September 18, 1836.
- Death: Catherine Forbes died on July 16, 1903, at age 90.
M, b. November 30, 1867
- Birth: Ludwig Wilke was born on November 30, 1867 in Frankfurt, Drmstadt, Hesse, Germany.
Carl Franz Heinrich Wilke
M, b. April 27, 1865, d. August 30, 1872
- Birth: Carl Franz Heinrich Wilke was born on April 27, 1865 in Frankfurt, Drmstadt, Hesse, Germany.
- Death: He died on August 30, 1872, at age 7, in Frankfurt, Drmstadt, Hesse, Germany.
Louis Bernard Grignon
F, b. April 12, 1844, d. February 28, 1866
- Birth: Louis Bernard Grignon was born on April 12, 1844.
- Death: She died on February 28, 1866, at age 21, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried on March 3, 1866 in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old/4/22.
- Note: Died, at Little Chute, on the 1st inst., after a short and severe illness, LOUIS B. GRIGNON, in the 22d year of his age. LOUIS B. GRIGNON enlisted in the 3d Wis. Cav. in 1861 and served his country faithfully for upwards of four years, undergoing all the hardships, privations, and dangers of active military life in the field. The magnitude of the dangers and hardships he underwent while in the service, those who served in the 3d Ca. only know. After going through a fiery ordeal in the service of his country, and having obtained an honorable discharge, he returned home, full of hope and anticipation, expecting to enjoy a long and joyful life among his friends and relatives; when lo he was struck down in the prime of life and strength of manhood, by the tyrannical hand of Death; leaving an aged mother (his father having gone before him), three sisters, a brother, and a large circle of friends to mourn his premature departure for the realm of the dead. While we chronicle the death of LOUIS B. GRIGNON, the subject is suggestive of many recollections. The name of that large and old family have an historical fame. The family is identified with the early history of America; it is interwoven with the early history of Wisconsin. Looking back more than a century, we see them battling with Indians, in the French wars; we see them on the battle field in the Revolutionary war; they were in our armies in 1812; they fought in the Mexican war; we see them on the war path trailing the Red skins in the Mohawk wars; and on many bloody battle fields in the late, unholy rebellion; we see many sons and grandsons of those who fought for freedom in the revolutionary war, fighting to maintain that freedom for which their fathers had bled to establish. There is not a family in this State that can show a brighter record than this time honored family.
F, b. 1783
- Birth: Catiche Cardin was born in 1783 in Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1815
- Alexander George Grignon (b. August 24, 1834, d. April 19, 1921)
- Tiris Grignon (b. September 4, 1836)
- Maria Ursule Grignon (b. July 7, 1838)
- Louis Bernard Grignon (b. April 12, 1844, d. February 28, 1866)
- Elizabeth Grignon (b. 1846, d. December 21, 1866)
- Agatha Grignon (b. 1849, d. 1935)
- Birth: George Grignon was born circa 1815.
Mary Philomon St Louis
F, b. December 22, 1839, d. December 25, 1910
- Philomen Louise Grignon (b. March 4, 1859, d. before 1860)
- Ada Grignon (b. March 17, 1862, d. December 6, 1891)
- George Louis Grignon (b. August 2, 1864, d. 1938)
- Louisa Grignon (b. 1865)
- Christiana Grignon (b. July 24, 1866, d. May 9, 1950)
- Delia May Grignon (b. September 17, 1867, d. May 21, 1960)
- Theresa Henrietta Grignon (b. July 30, 1869, d. February 25, 1946)
- Florence G Grignon (b. July 1, 1871, d. July 6, 1955)
- Elizabeth Marion Grignon (b. August 23, 1872, d. February 15, 1903)
- Robert Gabriel Grignon (b. March 25, 1874, d. August 1966)
- Francis Grignon (b. February 28, 1876)
- Thomas George Grignon (b. November 9, 1878, d. May 19, 1960)
- Edith Marie Grignon (b. June 23, 1881)
- James Edward Grignon (b. June 13, 1883, d. February 16, 1965)
- Birth: Mary Philomon St Louis was born on December 22, 1839 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: She was baptized on December 22, 1839 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Alexander George Grignon were married on November 4, 1857 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Philomon St Louis died on December 25, 1910, at age 71, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mrs. Alex Grignon, another old resident of Kaukauna, aged seventy years, died Sunday at the home of her son, Louis Grignon at Shawano. Surviving are her husband and children, Louis of Shawano, James, Robert, Thomas and Mrs. Michael Maher of Kaukauna, Mrs. Charles Oberly of Little Falls, Minn., Mrs. William Earley of Wausau and Mrs. Tillie McKinsey of Manchester, England. Mrs. Grignon was Mary St. Louis of a pioneer family of the vicinity of Kaukauna. Her life was filled with stirring events of the early history of this city.