- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Diane Lynn Gerrits
F, b. May 4, 1962, d. April 23, 2015
- Birth: Diane Lynn Gerrits was born on May 4, 1962 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 23, 2015, at age 52.
- Note: Diane Lynn Nimtz, 52. With her two dogs at her side, Diane Lynn Nimtz (nee Gerrits) was born into eternal life on the morning of Thursday, April 23, 2015.
Born in Appleton, Wisconsin on May 4, 1962, she was the daughter of the late Gladys (Lamers) and Leo Gerrits, whom she now is reunited with.
Diane is survived by her husband Patrick Nimtz of Hartford; daughter, Kayla Duffy of Milwaukee; son, Kevin Duffy (Karleissa Rogacheski) of Milwaukee; siblings Ronald (Debbie) Gerrits of Appleton; Sandra (Michael) Bodwin of Sturtevant; Dennis (Abby) Gerrits of Chicago; and Karen Liethen (Brett Jacobs) of Appleton; aunt, Carol (Bob) Dorsey; countless friends who have been touched by her life; and of course, her two dogs, Roscoe and Chena.
Diane spent her years working as a nurse, where she dedicated herself to the needs and comforts of her patients. Coworkers will remember her for her hardworking spirit and sweet nature. Diane will always be remembered as a loving woman who was in every sense of the word, a nurturer-from her profession to the love and dedication she showed towards her husband and two children, and the kindness she showed to the pet rabbits, birds, cats, and dogs who have come and gone throughout her life. While Diane's love for her family and "fur babies" will never be forgotten, she will also be remembered for her passion with interior design and her love of nature through camping, biking, sitting outside to watch thunderstorms roll in, and of course, being an avid gardener who greeted springtime with excitement as she planned out what she would be planting that season. Diane lived with Diabetes for fifty years. While Diane's life was cut tragically short, she will continue to live on through her children and her loved ones, whose memories of Diane have now become the most sacred of treasures.
Visitation for Diane will be from 1 -3 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2015, at Shimon Funeral Home, 824 Union St, Hartford, WI with a Catholic prayer service at 3 p.m., officiated by Fr. David of St. Kilian Parish.
Online condolences may be found online at www.shimonfuneralhome.com.
Dennis J Gerrits
Karen Faye Gerrits
Joseph Robert Prohaska
Christine Alise Goetsch
F, b. July 1, 1957, d. May 5, 2012
- Birth: Christine Alise Goetsch was born on July 1, 1957 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and James Edward Tuchscherer were married on May 21, 1983.
- Death: Christine Alise Goetsch died on May 5, 2012, at age 54, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Christine A. Tuchscherer
54, Menasha, passed away unexpectedly at her home Saturday, May 5, 2012. She was born July 1, 1957 in Appleton to Magdaline (Hartl) Van Ryzin and the late Gordon Goetsch. Chris married James Tuchscherer and he preceded her in death on April 14, 2003. Chris worked at ARA Food Service as a kitchen manager and recently doing food service at Brewster Village. She was a loving sister and friend who had a passion for crafts, making quilts, video and computer games. She loved to read and spend time with her many pets. Her and James spent many weekends at the cottage and riding the Harley. She always had that beautiful smile and laughter that touched the people around her.
She will be greatly missed by her mother, Magdaline Van Ryzin; sisters: Katherine Pawlowski, Appleton and Patricia (Wayne) Martin, Appleton; Nephews: Chadwick Goetsch, Appleton; Jon Goetsch, Michael Goetsch and Andy Tupper all of Shawano; Nieces: Angelica Pawlowski, Menasha and Carrie Pawlowski, New Berlin. She is further survived by other family and close friends, especially Sara Robinson and Karen Newhouse.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James Tuchscherer; father, Gordon Goetsch, brother, Michael Goetsch; step-father, Phelan Van Ryzin; mother-in-law, Margaret Tuchscherer; pets: Ollie, Buddy, Harley, Bobbie and Micki.
Funeral Services for Chris will be held at 7:00 pm, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at the funeral home with Rev. Dennis Ryan officiating. Friends may visit the family from 4 - 7 pm prior to the service. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund is being established.
Mary G Haanen
F, b. May 16, 1926, d. May 6, 2012
- Birth: Mary G Haanen was born on May 16, 1926.
- Marriage: She and Richard E Jensen were married in 1948.
- Death: Mary G Haanen died on May 6, 2012, at age 85, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mary G. (Haanen) Jensen, 85, Green Bay, passed away Sunday, May 6, 2012, at home surrounded by her loving family. She was born May 16, 1926, to the late Frank and Kate Haanen. Molly graduated from West High School and the College of St. Scholastica with a degree in Medical Technology. In 1948, she married Dr. Richard E. Jensen. She and Rich lovingly raised 10 children. Her kindness, optimism, and sense of humor were unmatched and cherished by all who knew her.
Survivors include her children, Kathy Murphy, Rose Jensen, Dr. Richard E. (Mary) Jensen Jr., Martha (Dennis) Duffy, Chris (Sue) Jensen, Paul (Karen) Jensen, Beth (Bruce Rose) Jensen, Sue Jensen, Sarah (Dave) Rizzo, Mike (Gina) Jensen; 24 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. She is also survived by her sisters and brothers-in-law, Pat and Pat Katzmarek, Sue and Bill Gehrke; and sisters-in-law, Tess Haanen, Lucille Syrjamaki and Donna Kirst.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Rich; parents, Frank and Kate Haanen; brother, Richard Haanen; and grandson, Matt Murphy.
Friends may call at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 413 St. John Street, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 10. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the church with the Rev. John Girotti officiating. Burial will be in Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting her family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established in Molly's name to benefit Unity Hospice, Paul's Pantry, and St. John's Homeless Shelter.
Our family would like to express special and profound gratitude to Unity Hospice for their wonderful care and compassion for Mom and our family, especially Abby, Kristen, Trisha, Cathy and Theresa. You are angels on Earth!
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 8 to May 9, 2012.
Richard E Jensen
M, b. October 11, 1923, d. November 29, 1984
- Birth: Richard E Jensen was born on October 11, 1923.
- Marriage: He and Mary G Haanen were married in 1948.
- Death: Richard E Jensen died on November 29, 1984, at age 61.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Richard E Jensen