F, b. 1880, d. July 17, 1936
- Birth: Anna Hartley was born in 1880.
- Death: She died on July 17, 1936, at age ~56, in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
Joseph P Murray
M, b. 1878, d. November 5, 1964
- Birth: Joseph P Murray was born in 1878.
- Death: He died on November 5, 1964, at age ~86.
Joseph Hartley Murray, II
M, b. December 2, 1911, d. November 5, 1983
- Birth: Joseph Hartley Murray, II, was born on December 2, 1911 in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
- Death: He died on November 5, 1983, at age 71, in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
F, b. March 17, 1913
- Birth: Martha Murray was born on March 17, 1913 in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
F, b. September 30, 1909, d. June 4, 2003
- Birth: Constance Postlewaite was born on September 30, 1909 in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
- Death: She died on June 4, 2003, at age 93, in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
F, b. 1863, d. October 1, 1898
- Father: Maurice Ringrose (b. circa 1820, d. December 21, 1904)
- Mother: Anne Cox (b. April 16, 1821, d. December 21, 1904)
- Birth: Elizabeth Ringrose was born in 1863 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 1, 1898, at age ~35, in Aberdeen, Brown Co, South Dakota.
- Note: Miss Lizzie Ringrose Passes Quietly to the Great Beyond.
Death brought relief from a long term of suffering to Miss Lizzie Ringrose this forenoon. For several months she had endured with great patience the dread disease from which there was no other possibility of relief and release, and when the end finally came it was welcomed by her.
Elizabeth C. Ringrose was born to Morris and Ann Ringrose at Appleton, Wis., in 1863, and at the time of her death was 35 years of age. She made her home at Appleton until 1882, when she removed to Aberdeen, and has continuously resided here since. She was the youngest of the family of children consisting of Mrs. Nellie Hartley of Denver, Col., Mrs. Catherine Fife of West Superior, Wis., Mrs. Margaret McHugh of Hastings, Minn., Mrs. Ann Hardy of Stevensville, Wis., Mrs. Mary McCarthy, Mrs. J. H. Jackson, and James and P. M. Ringrose of Aberdeen, all of whom, except Mrs. Hardy, with their aged mother are here and have been since it was known what the inevitable end of her illness must be. The only break in the family hitherto made was the death of her father about fifteen years ago. Miss Ringrose was a woman of many fine traits of character which made her admired and beloved by all who knew her. For several years, until she was stricken with the fatal disease, she had devoted the best of herself to the care and welfare of her motherless niece and nephew Margaret and Morris, children of James Ringrose, and among all whom she leaves, none will more deeply mourn and keenly feel her loss than these two, into whose young lives she so completely entered, and to whom she has been all that a mother could be.
When tuberculosis developed and it became apparent that death only could relieve her sufferings, she resigned herself uncomplainingly to the inevitable and with a sublime faith that what must be was ordained for the best, she was patient to the end, never uttering a murmur of complaint. She suffered but little pain in the latter days of her illness and passed to the realm of the Great Master peacefully as though dropping into an untroubled sleep. Her life was a useful one, her world was the better that she lived in it, and the example and the good influences of her character and work will long remain with those who felt their beneficence.
The funeral will be held from the Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic church tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Viola L Maier
F, b. February 25, 1926, d. April 26, 2012
- Birth: Viola L Maier was born on February 25, 1926 in Athens, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 26, 2012, at age 86, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Viola L. "Babe" Bullock, age 86, passed away on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at her home in Appleton. Vi was born on Feb. 25, 1926 in Athens, WI, daughter of the late Jacob and Katherine (Schnabel) Maier. Vi was married to John Vanden Heuvel; he preceded her in death in 1975. She was then married to James Bullock; he preceded her in death in 1985. Jim and Vi ran the Commadore Supper Club in Wausau and the Bullock Supper Club in Appleton. She then worked as a CNA at the Winnebago Mental Institute for 10 years, and then at the Outagamie Health Center for 10 years. Vi enjoyed playing cards, especially poker and royal rummy. She also loved to knit and dance.
Vi is survived by her son, Gary (Linda) Vanden Heuvel; three grandchildren, Christie (Michael) Blum, David (Ria) Vanden Heuvel, and Renee (Greg) Brown; and six great-grandchildren, Victoria and Emma Blum, Evan Vanden Heuvel, and Cooper, Beau, and Drew Brown. She was further preceded in death by two sons, David and Jeffrey Vanden Heuvel; a brother, Leo Maier, a sister, Emma; and a long-time friend, Leroy Schroeder.
The funeral service for Vi will be held at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH, 900 N. Mason St., Appleton, with Rev. Judy Deckert officiating. Friends may call on Tuesday at church from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service. Interment will take place at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the entire staff at the Appleton Retirement Community for their love and care given to Vi.
"I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck, and a hug around your neck."
M, b. March 27, 1925, d. February 1985
- Birth: James Bullock was born on March 27, 1925.
- Death: He died in February 1985, at age 59.