Mary Jane Foxgrover
F, b. February 20, 1931, d. June 2, 2015
- Birth: Mary Jane Foxgrover was born on February 20, 1931 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 2, 2015, at age 84, in Memphis, Shelby Co, Tennessee.
- Note: DeWitt, Mary Jane "Sue"
Mary Jane "Sue" DeWitt, 84, of Memphis, TN, passed away Tuesday, June 2, 2015, after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. Mrs. DeWitt was born in Appleton, WI. She was an active member in the Catholic Church. She attended St. Mary's Catholic Church of Memphis, TN., St. Ann's, and The Church of the Nativity of Bartlett, TN. Mrs. DeWitt was preceded in death by her husband, Kenneth "Ken" DeWitt. She is survived by, her son and three daughters, Jeff DeWitt (Linda) of Atoka, TN; Kathy Cope (Ray) of Covington, TN; Connie Clingan (Malcolm) of Memphis, TN; and Cheri Pratt (Danny) of Sugar Tree, TN; ten grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends and relatives on Thursday, June 4, from 5-8 p.m. at Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens, 3700 N. Germantown Rd. The funeral Mass will be on Friday, June 5, at 10 a.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church, 155 Market Street, downtown Memphis. There will be an ice-cream social at St. Mary's before the interment at Memorial Gardens.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 4, 2015.
Kenneth Elmer DeWitt
M, b. June 21, 1932, d. June 17, 1995
- Birth: Kenneth Elmer DeWitt was born on June 21, 1932 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 17, 1995, at age 62, in Memphis, Shelby Co, Tennessee.
- Note: KENNETH ELMER DEWITT, 68, of Bartlett, retired manager of data processing for Kimberly-Clark after 36 years, died of cancer Thursday at his home. Services will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Church of the Nativity, where he was a member of the finance committee, with entombment in Memory Hill Mausoleum. Memphis Funeral Home Germantown Parkway Chapel has charge. He was a board member of Kimberly-Clark Credit Union, taught PRE classes at St. Ann for 25 years, was a member of the RCIA Program at Church of the Nativity, the board of Dismas House and St. Vincent DePaul Society, and an officer of the Ponderosa Property Association in Sugar Tree, Tenn. Mr. Dewitt, the husband of Mary Jane 'Sue' Dewitt, also leaves three daughters, Cheryl Dewitt of Bartlett, Constance Clingan of Memphis and Kathleen Cope of Atoka, Tenn.; a son, Jeffrey A. Dewitt of Memphis; his mother, Josephine Sousek, and a brother, Milton Dewitt, both of Appleton, Wis., and 10 grandchildren. The family requests that any memorials be sent to the Building Fund at Church of the Nativity or the American Cancer Society. (Published in The Commerical Appeal 2/7/1997.)
Rocco Daniel Marcantonio
M, b. October 3, 1923, d. May 11, 2012
- Birth: Rocco Daniel Marcantonio was born on October 3, 1923 in New Jersey.
- Marriage: He and Florence Artiglere were married on June 2, 1945 in New Jersey.
- Death: Rocco Daniel Marcantonio died on May 11, 2012, at age 88.
- Note: Rocco Daniel Marcantonio, age 88, went home to be with his wife Florence on May 11, 2012. Rocky was born October 3, 1923 in Milburn, New Jersey, son of the late Dominick and Filamena (Curcio) Marcantonio. He married Florence Artiglere on June 2, 1945 in Madison, New Jersey. Rocky worked for Public Service Electric and Gas in Summit, New Jersey for thirty-five years, until his retirement. He was also a volunteer firefighter in Madison, New Jersey for many years. Rocky was an avid golfer, and if he was playing golf, he was happy. He played in many different leagues, all over Wisconsin and New Jersey. His golf buddies were always amazed at the way he swung the club and how the ball gracefully traveled such a long distance. He loved spending Tuesday lunches with his granddaughter Wendy, and Sunday afternoons with his grandson Rocco. Rocco was always proud to have served in the Merchant Marines during World War II.
Rocco is survived by three children: Ronald (Laura) of Branchville, New Jersey; Rocco, Jr. (Laura) of East Hanover, New Jersey; and a daughter: Bobbie (Dennis) Vanden Wyngaard of Kimberly; grandchildren: Rocco (Denise) Vanden Wyngaard of Neenah; Wendy (Bryan) Tate of Combined Locks; Lori (Ivan) Hecht of Jefferson Township, New Jersey; great-grandchildren: Owen and Austin Tate and Joey and Ashley Hecht; and step-grandchildren: Olivia and Sophia Kero. He is also survived by a brother: Nick Marcantonio of East Hanover, New Jersey; a sister: Mary (Sam) Matarazzo of East Hanover, New Jersey; a brother-in-law: Pat Sparaco of Madison; and a sister-in-law: Mary Marcantonio. He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Florence on April 14, 2012, a grandson Joey Marcantonio, sisters Anna Sparaco, Mary Marcantonio, Carmella Yobbi, Anna, and an infant sister Anna; and brothers Joe, Dan, and Anthony, as well as many other relatives and friends.
A memorial mass for Rocky will be held at 4:00 PM on Friday, May 18, 2012 at ST. PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH, 410 E. Wallace Street in Combined Locks, with Msgr. James Vanden Hogen officiating. Friends may call directly at the church on Wednesday afternoon from 2:00 PM until the time of the service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Dad, you were an amazing man. You were so thrilled when you met Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer, but I think your biggest thrill was to have great-grandchildren that adored you and mom. I know dad, I still can't hit a golf ball. I'll keep trying.
Love, Bobbie, Rocky Jr., and Ronnie.
F, b. March 25, 1921, d. April 14, 2012
- Birth: Florence Artiglere was born on March 25, 1921 in Morristown, New Jersey.
- Marriage: She and Rocco Daniel Marcantonio were married on June 2, 1945 in New Jersey.
- Death: Florence Artiglere died on April 14, 2012, at age 91, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Florence Marcantonio, age 91, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday afternoon, April 14, 2012 at St. Paul Home in Kaukauna. Florence was born on March 25, 1921 in Morristown, New Jersey to Frank and Philamina Artiglere. She worked for Ciba as a lab tech until she married Rocco Daniel Marcantonio, Sr. on June 2, 1945. She then stayed home with her children until they were in school. She joined them at school as a lunch cook. She also worked in her sister Ray's Grocery Store making all her homemade salads. Florence was an avid baker and everyone she touched has had a taste of her cookies, especially her chocolate chip cookies. She would send her neighbors dishes of cookies every Christmas.
Florence is survived by her husband: Rocco; two sons: Ronald (Laura) of Branchville, New Jersey; Rocco, Jr. (Laura) of East Hanover, New Jersey; and a daughter: Bobbie (Dennis) Vanden Wyngaard of Kimberly; grandchildren: Rocco (Denise) Vanden Wyngaard of Neenah; Wendy (Bryan) Tate of Combined Locks; Lori (Ivan) Hecht of Jefferson Township, New Jersey; great-grandchildren: Owen and Austin Tate and Joey and Ashley Hecht; and step-grandchildren: Olivia and Sophia Kero. She is also survived by sisters-in-law: Ruth Artiglere, Bernice Artiglere, Mary (Sam) Matarazzo, Mary Marcantonio, and a brother-in-law: Nick Marcantonio. Florence was preceded in death by her mother and father; a grandson: Joey Marcantonio; sisters: Sue Allocco, Ray Chipoletti, Babe Spriggs; brothers: Joe, Sam, Frank, and John Artiglere, and many other relatives.
A memorial mass for Florence will be held at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at ST. PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH, 410 E. Wallace Street in Combined Locks, with Fr. Jim Vanden Hogen officiating. Friends may call directly at the church on Wednesday afternoon from 2:00 PM until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to Make A Wish Foundation or to St. Paul Elder Services.
Mom, You have been the greatest mom anyone could want. You, dad and I have had many fun times making cookies for the students at Foster School. You always had prayers for all of us when we needed them. They were always such a comfort to us. I will miss you mom. Love, Bobbie.
Joan Edith Bayer
F, b. January 13, 1931, d. September 9, 2017
- Birth: Joan Edith Bayer was born on January 13, 1931 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 9, 2017, at age 86.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Joan E. Neuman, age 86, of Appleton, passed away at her home with family at her side on Saturday, September 9, 2017. She was born to the late Carl and Edith (Biesenstein) Bayer in Neenah, Wisconsin. Joan attended St. Mary's High School and shortly after she began her employment at Riverside Paper—where she met her husband, Wayne Neuman. They were married for over 50 years before his passing in 2003.
In earlier years Joan enjoyed the many trips to the cabin and playing Bingo. She faithfully followed the Packers and the Brewers. Above all she cherished time spent with her family. She visited with her siblings daily and went to all events for her children and grandchildren. She also enjoyed the company of her furry companion, Nikki.
Joan is survived by her three children, Steve (Karen) Neuman, Susan (Dennis) Ganzen and Mike (Nicole) Neuman; her grandchildren, Kristin (Ryan) Fencl, Steven Jr. Neuman, Jon (Jessica) Ganzen, Tyler Neuman, Presley Neuman, Elijah Neuman, Isaiah Neuman, Justin Neuman and Jessica Neuman; three great-grandchildren, Aubrey Fencl, Owen Fencl and Charlotte Ganzen. Joan is further survived by her brother, James Bayer, sister-in-law, Nancy Neuman, brother-in-law, Larry Walburn, step daughter-in-law, Pam Neuman and many other dear relatives too numerous to list but never forgotten.
In addition to her parents Joan was preceded in death by her husband, Wayne; her sisters, Carol (Tom) Captain, Claire (Norm) Zielinski, and Mildred Bayer; her brother, Carl Jr. (Andrea) Bayer; her sisters-in-law, Muriel Bayer and Sandra Walburn, her brother-in-law, Florian Neuman and her step-son, Bruce Neuman.
The Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME - TRI COUNTY CHAPEL, 1592 Oneida Street in Menasha. Visitation will be held on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. until the time of the service. Interment will be held at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Joan's name. Online condolences can be shared at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Joan's family would like to thank the wonderful staff of ThedaCare at Home Hospice, Peabody Manor and Cherry Meadows for the compassionate care given to Joan and her family.
Claire Anne Bayer
F, b. November 18, 1935, d. April 7, 2016
- Birth: Claire Anne Bayer was born on November 18, 1935 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Norman Harold Zielinski were married on June 29, 1957.
- Death: Claire Anne Bayer died on April 7, 2016, at age 80, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Claire Anne Zielinski, age 80, of Appleton, passed away Thursday afternoon, April 7, 2016, surrounded by her loving family at Appleton Medical Center. Claire was born November 18, 1935, in Neenah, the daughter of Carl and Edith (Beisenstein) Bayer.
On June 29, 1957, Claire married Norman Zielinski. Norman preceded Claire in death on August 31, 1987.
Claire loved being with and spending time with her family. She especially enjoyed baking and cooking for each family member's birthday or special day. Claire further enjoyed reading and being outdoors gardening. In her younger day, Claire enjoyed volunteering at St. Thomas Moore School, helping in the lunch line.
Claire is survived by her loving daughter, Lynn (Kevin) Kronberg; granddaughter, Desiray; grandsons, Joseph and Alexander; and great-grandchildren, Lunetta, Lillian, Cameron, and Serenity. She is further survived by her sister, Joan Newmann; brother, James Bayer; special nephew, Gary Hawley; and numerous other nieces and nephews. In addition to her parents, Claire was preceded in death by her husband Norman; brother Carl Bayer; and sisters, Carol Captain and Mildred Bayer.
In following with Claire's wishes, a small private burial service will take place in St. John Cemetery, Valley Road, Menasha.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Apr. 10, 2016.
Carl Edward Bayer
M, b. January 13, 1934, d. December 19, 2012
- Birth: Carl Edward Bayer was born on January 13, 1934 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Andrea Gail Cox were married in 1963.
- Death: Carl Edward Bayer died on December 19, 2012, at age 78.
- Note: Carl Edward "Sonny" Bayer Jr., age 78, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, December 19, 2012. He was born in Menasha on January 13, 1934, the son of the late Carl Sr. and Edith (Beisenstein) Bayer. After attending St. Mary High School, Sonny enlisted in the United States Army. After serving his country with honor, he worked for George A. Whiting Paper Company in Menasha for over 30 years until his retirement in 1996. He married his loving wife, Andrea Cox in 1963 in Gillett. She preceded him in death in 1996.
In his earlier days, Sonny was a race car driver and he loved racing with his brother, James. Sonny was a huge Packers fan while living six houses from Lambeau Field. He never missed a football game. He loved collecting many things, but his Packer collection was always a favorite. He also enjoyed traveling, especially with his life-long best friend, Pinky.
Sonny will be sadly missed by his loving children: Patti (Tom) Henschel of Neenah, Carla Bayer of Appleton, Erica (Timothy) Miller of Green Bay; grandchildren: Allan, Pamela (Troy), Breigh, Alyssa, Caleb, great-grandchild, Brady; brother, James Bayer and sisters: Joan Neuman and Claire Zielinski. Sonny is preceded in death by his sisters: Carol Captain and Mildred Bayer.
Funeral Services for Sonny will be held at 7:00 pm on Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 at the Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with the Rev. Rich Engel officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home for visitation from 5:00 pm until the time of service.
Friends and family are encouraged to wear Green Bay Packers apparel to the service in memory of Sonny.
F, b. June 8, 1916, d. February 11, 2014
- Father: Joseph Merkel (b. February 23, 1890, d. November 24, 1950)
- Mother: Emily Bolte (b. March 10, 1891, d. August 1, 1988)
- Birth: Eleanor Merkel was born on June 8, 1916 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 11, 2014, at age 97.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
U, b. December 7, 1888, d. December 7, 1888
- Birth: Baby VanRyzin was born on December 7, 1888.
- Death: He/she died on December 7, 1888, at age 0.