Edward Otto Kersten
M, b. July 31, 1891, d. September 10, 1969
Family: Sarah Smith (b. February 13, 1905, d. October 23, 1950)
- Birth: Edward Otto Kersten was born on July 31, 1891 in Split Rock, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Sarah Smith were married in 1925.
- Death: Edward Otto Kersten died on September 10, 1969, at age 78, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. February 13, 1905, d. October 23, 1950
- Birth: Sarah Smith was born on February 13, 1905 in Birnamwood, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward Otto Kersten were married in 1925.
- Death: Sarah Smith died on October 23, 1950, at age 45, in Tigerton, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
Edward L Kersten
M, b. October 21, 1925, d. March 18, 2012
- Birth: Edward L Kersten was born on October 21, 1925.
- Marriage: He and Joyce E Boardman were married on December 18, 1948 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Edward L Kersten died on March 18, 2012, at age 86, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Edward L. Kersten, Jr., age 86 of Shawano, passed away Sunday, March 18, 2012 in Shawano. Born on October 21, 1925 in the Town of Fairbanks, he was the son of the late Edward and Sarah (Smith) Kersten. Prior to going into service, Edward worked at FWD in Clintonville. On August 28, 1945 he was inducted into the United States Army-Air Force to serve his country during World War II. On December 18, 1948 he was united in marriage to Joyce E. Boardman in Clintonville. After his honorable discharge from service, Edward was employed as a crane operator at Hennes Trucking, Hennes Erecting and Azco Hennes until retiring in 1987 after 40 years. In retirement, Edward worked at T&C Supermarket. Edward was a member of the Peace United Church of Christ. He was active with the food pantry in Shawano and was a member of the Operating Engineers Local Union #139 and the Shawano American Legion Post #117. Edward also served on the Church Council at the St. John's UCC in Appleton for 6 years.
Edward is survived by a daughter, Sally (Terry) Knope of Shawano; a son, Steve (Doris) Kersten of Clintonville; 6 grandchildren, Terry (Leah) Knope, Jr., Aaron (Kim) Knope, Katrina Schroeder, Andrew Kersten, Laura (Brian) Blumreich, Holly (Tim) Kohn; 5 great-grandchildren, Kalleigh and Karter Schroeder, Nicholas, Alex and Katie Kohn and a 6th great-grandchild on the way; 5 sisters-in-law, Karen Boardman, Joyce Boardman, Shirley (Jerry) Herbst, Jan Erdmann, Sharon (Jim) Erdmann; a brother-in-law, Jim (Dawn) Boardman; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Edward was preceded in death by: his wife, Joyce on July 2, 2011; his parents; a brother, Duane (Hildegard) Kersten; a sister, Cecelia (Dean) Bazile; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Harry and Mabel (Mervyn) Boardman; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Gordon (Ann) Boardman, Jack Boardman, Richard Boardman, Marlin "Butch" Erdmann; and 3 nieces, Kathy Bazile Krutz, Gwen Erdmann Theabo and Susan Boardman Preuss.
Funeral services will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 25, 2012 at the Peace United Church of Christ in Shawano with the Rev. Marty Black officiating. Burial will be in the Friendship Cemetery in the Town of Belle Plaine with Military Rites conducted by the Shawano American Legion Post #117. Visitation will be held at the church on Sunday after 1:00 p.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established. Swedberg Funeral Home in Shawano is assisting the family with the arrangements.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on March 20, 2012.
Joyce E Boardman
F, b. May 26, 1929, d. July 2, 2011
- Birth: Joyce E Boardman was born on May 26, 1929.
- Marriage: She and Edward L Kersten were married on December 18, 1948 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Joyce E Boardman died on July 2, 2011, at age 82.
Cecelia Laura Kersten
F, b. October 16, 1924, d. February 17, 1993
- Birth: Cecelia Laura Kersten was born on October 16, 1924.
- Death: She died on February 17, 1993, at age 68.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Dean F Bazile
M, b. April 23, 1922, d. November 27, 2009
- Birth: Dean F Bazile was born on April 23, 1922.
- Death: He died on November 27, 2009, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Patrick Arnold Helf
M, b. January 24, 1939, d. March 18, 2012
- Birth: Patrick Arnold Helf was born on January 24, 1939 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 18, 2012, at age 73.
- Note: Patrick "Ollie" Helf, 73, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family Monday, March 18, 2012. He was born January 24, 1939 to the late Sylvester and Ruth (Scannell) Helf in Green Bay.
Ollie was fortunate enough to work for the Green Bay Packers as groundskeeper for 41 years and was proud of being a part of the greatest franchise in NFL history. After retirement he volunteered at the Odd Fellows Home and was the volunteer of the year in 2006.
Patrick is survived by his brothers and sisters, Mike, Mary (Tom) Steffke, Barbara (Dan) Danen, Peter (Holly) Helf, Whitefish Bay, Ellen (Mark) Annoye, Margaret Edinger, Christine (Dave) Broeren; special nieces and nephews, Craig, Mary Sue, Jay, Mark, Melanie, Paul, Mike, Scott, Greg, Philip, Shelly, John, Molly, Heidi, Robert, Nicole, Peter, Sam, Nick, Mac Kenzie; Godmother, Ceilie Scannell; many great nieces, nephews and many wonderful friends.
He is preceded in death by brother, John.
Friends and family may call from 5- 7 p.m. Thursday, March 22, at Resurrection Catholic Parish, 333 Hilltop. Parish wake service at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue Friday, at church from 10- 11 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. with Bishop Robert Morneau officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com
A memorial fund has been established in Patrick's name.
The family would like to thank Dr. John Gray, Dr. Dhimant Patel, the staff at Aurora Visiting Nurses for their care and concern.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from March 20 to March 21, 2012.
Christine M Helf
David F Broeren
M, b. June 14, 1955, d. July 13, 2016
- Birth: David F Broeren was born on June 14, 1955.
- Death: He died on July 13, 2016, at age 61.
- Note: David F. Broeren, of Allouez WI died July 13, 2016 after a battle lost to ALS. David was born on Flag Day June 14, 1955 to John "Jack" and Carole (Griesbach) Broeren. He married Tina Helf on September 26, 1980.
Dave is survived by his wife, Tina, and "his girl", Mac Kenzie; his mom and dad; also survived, by Mary and Tom Steffke, Barb and Dan Danen, Peter and Holly Helf, Ellen and Mark Annoye, Margaret Edinger, Carolyn and Pat Lorge, Anne and Drew Millington; numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Bo, and his brothers-in-law, Ollie and Mike.
Friends may gather at Resurrection Catholic Church on Saturday from 9 AM until the time of the service at 10 AM with Bishop Robert Morneau officiating.
Tina and Mac would like to thank our beautiful family and unbelievable friends for taking care of Dave and us during these past months. Your love and support will never be forgotten. Thank you to Unity Hospice you were wonderful. In lieu of flowers please donate to a charity of your choice in Dave's name.
"Love you infinity"
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on July 14, 2016.
M, b. 1941, d. 1962
- Birth: John Helf was born in 1941.
- Death: He died in 1962, at age ~21.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.