F, b. February 9, 1908, d. May 10, 1991
- Birth: Hazel Barker was born on February 9, 1908 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 10, 1991, at age 83, in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
Matthew Daniel Calmes
M, b. November 3, 1979, d. March 9, 2012
- Birth: Matthew Daniel Calmes was born on November 3, 1979 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on July 11, 2009.
- Death: He died on March 9, 2012, at age 32.
- Note: On March 9, 2012, Matthew Daniel Calmes, age 32, slept into heaven in the arms of his loving wife, Melissa. Matt was born November 3, 1979, in Appleton, WI. He was united in marriage on July 11, 2009, to his best friend, Melissa (Ralston) Calmes.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents: Viola and Willard Calmes, August and Ruby Bergeman; Aunt Kathleen Calmes; Uncle Patrick McCarthy; and Grandfather of Melissa, James (Pappy) Wood.
He is survived by his wife, Melissa; his mother, Jean (Joseph) Talamanco; father, Daniel Calmes; sister, Sara Hoffman; brother-in-law and friend, Kristoffer Hoffman; sister, Christine Calmes; grandparents, Betty and Cliff McCarthy; a nephew, Kristoffer Hoffman; two nieces, Molly and Kaitlyn Hoffman; the best doggie in the world, Lila; and a host of family and friends.
Matt was diagnosed with a brain tumor in August of 2006, which he and Melissa faced together with grace and courage. Throughout this long battle, he continued to enjoy life, and was an inspiration to all who knew him. In Matt's last year, Melissa was constantly by his side, loving and caring for him.
Matt was a positive and content person who brought joy to all who knew him. He had many good friends from Appleton and from college at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. With these friends, he shared many good times laughing, traveling, and following sports-especially the Badgers, Packers, and Brewers.
Matt and Melissa shared a beautiful friendship and love. They enjoyed traveling, concerts, sporting events, hanging out with friends, taking Lila for walks, and just being together. Melissa's family and friends welcomed him and loved him dearly.
A beautiful Memorial Mass celebrating Matt's life was held at Saint Clement Church in Chicago on March 13. Matt will be deeply missed by all.
Contributions can be made to the Fox Valley Brain Tumor Coalition (5320 W. Michael's Dr., Appleton, WI) who supported Matt's mother throughout these difficult years.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on March 16, 2012.
F, b. 1935, d. September 27, 2012
- Birth: June DeGroot was born in 1935.
- Marriage: She and Frederick A Hiebing were married on December 15, 1955 in Oakland, Alameda Co, California.
- Death: June DeGroot died on September 27, 2012, at age ~77.
- Note: June Hiebing-VanRyzin, age 77, loving wife, mother, grandmother and sister passed away Thursday, September 27th, 2012 to meet her Lord and Savior by the seashore. Earlier in her life she survived a major heart attack, open-heart surgery and breast cancer and conquered each challenge. June lost her long battle with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension which has no cure.
June was born in Sheboygan, Wi. In 1935, as the daughter of the late Anton and Loretta DeGroot. June married Frederick Hiebing December 15, 1955 in Oakland, Ca. They enjoyed 46 years of marriage, and raised four wonderful children. Together they founded Perma-Way Waterproofing business. Through the years they spent many wonderful times with "The Group". Frederick preceded June in death on June 19th, 2002.
June married David Van Ryzin on September 13th, 2008. Their combined family includes 9 children and 16 grandchildren. June and David loved to travel to the beaches in many states and countries. They also loved camping and casino trips. David and June also spent many wonderful evenings with "The Group". She enjoyed her dogs and cats she had through the years, especially her "Kiki".
In her earlier years, June worked at Prange-Way, North Heights Veterinarian Clinic (17 yrs) did volunteer work at AMC as a patient advocate and at Cherry Meadows Hospice for three years.
Along with Fred, June was further preceded in death by her two brothers, Conway and Anthony, her parents, Anton and Loretta, her brothers-in-law, Russell Rowland and John Hiebing.
She is survived by her loving husband, David Van Ryzin, her sister, Suzanne Rowland, her children, Gregory (Joan) Hiebing, Cynthia (Ted) Heegeman, Pamela (Jay) Cornell, Toni (Lonnie) Meinke, grandchildren Tyler, Trenton, Lauren, Abigail, Rick, Hayden, Alec, Justine, Preston, Isaac, step-children, Pamela (Kim) Beck, Bruce (Patty) Van Ryzin, Jeffery Van Ryzin, Steven (Dee) Van Ryzin, Michelle (Erick) Thompsen, step-grandchildren, Jacob, Josh, Troy, Jack, Ben, Grace.
The Funeral Liturgy will be at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, October 1, 2012, at ST. THERESE CATHOLIC CHURCH, Morrison Street at Wisconsin Avenue, Appleton, with Fr. William Hoffmann officiating. Friends may call at the Wichmann Funeral Home—Tri-County Chapel, Menasha, on Sunday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and again directly at the church on Monday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. There will be a parish prayer service at the funeral home on Sunday at 7:00 p.m. Interment will be in Highland Memorial Park. The family would like to thank the Heart Institute doctors and nurses at AMC, as well as the nurses from Theda Care at Home Hospice Care for their loving care.
June grew even closer to her Lord in the last months of her battle and was looking forward to meeting Him (especially by the seashore). Her favorite hymn was #519 "Lord You Have Come".
"When my soul is resting in the presence of the Lord I'll be satisfied."
Robert P Linsmeyer
Margaret M Dorn
F, b. July 11, 1911, d. March 14, 2012
- Birth: Margaret M Dorn was born on July 11, 1911.
- Death: She died on March 14, 2012, at age 100.
- Note: Margaret M. Radtke, age 100, passed away Wednesday, March 14, 2012 with family by her side. She was born on July 11, 1911 the daughter of the late Joseph and Antoinette (Feldhoven) Dorn. She was married to Ralph Radtke for 61 years. He preceded her in death on January 26, 1997.
She was a lifelong member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, a 60 year member of the Secular Franciscans, a Girl Scout leader, worked at the voting polls, and loved to bowl. She worked many years at Zwicker Knitting Mills.
Margaret is survived by two daughters: Lila (Walter) Hackbarth and Lois (Lloyd) Gauerke; 8 grandchildren, and many great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. She is further survived by her nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two brothers: Earl and Ralph, and two sisters: Mabel Nussbaum and Bernetta Zephirin.
A Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated at 10:30 am on Saturday, March 17, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 414 W. Lawrence St., Appleton, with Father David Funk OFM Cap officiating. Friends may visit directly at the church on Saturday from 9:30 am until the time of service.
The family would like to thank Appleton Health Care Center and ThedaCare Hospice for their excellent care and compassion.
Ralph F Radtke
M, b. August 11, 1908, d. January 26, 1997
- Birth: Ralph F Radtke was born on August 11, 1908.
- Death: He died on January 26, 1997, at age 88.