- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
James C Wolter
M, b. April 7, 1930, d. September 8, 2017
- Birth: James C Wolter was born on April 7, 1930 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on March 13, 1952 in Sacred Heart Church, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 8, 2017, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wolter, James C.
The bravest sight in the world to see is a great man struggling against adversity.
Jim Wolter, age 87, passed away on Friday, September 8, 2017, with loving family by his side as God called him home. Jim was born on April 7, 1930, in Appleton, to the late Jacob and Katherine (Schreiber) Wolter. He married Betty Barker on March 13, 1952, in Appleton. They enjoyed 65 years together.
Jim proudly served his country in the United States Army during the Korean War. He was a member of Appleton American Legion Post #38 and Appleton VFW Post #2778 Jim was employed at Appleton Machine and then was a welder and foreman at We Energies for 36 years, retiring in 1992.
We so often hear of great men. Anyone who knew Jim will agree he was definitely one of them. Jim truly enjoyed life. His hobbies included hunting, fishing, golf, woodworking, playing cards and going to the casino. Being the sports enthusiast that he was, he was often found watching his favorite games with family. Jim dearly loved his family and grandchildren. His grandchildren could count on seeing him at all of their sporting events, school activities and graduations. Jim was an amazing man who delivered his greatness with kindness and humility. If you were lucky enough to have Jim in your life, he has likely made a lasting impression.
Although we will miss him, his smile, his laughter, his love, we take consolation in the good feelings of our memories. He was a role model friend, dad, uncle, grandpa and husband who saw the best in every day. His guidance and love will carry all who knew him through to the end of their days.
He is survived by his wife Betty; his daughter-in-law, Sue Wolter; his sons, Jim (Chris) Wolter; Jack (Jan) Wolter; Jeff (Susan) Wolter; his daughters, Charlene (Andy) Besch; Sharon (Ron) Kempen; his 15 grandchildren., Jacob (Brenda) Wolter, Jessica (Andy) Degeneffe, Jennifer (Mike) Keller, Deborah (Jon) Lee, David Wolter (Special Friend Carrie):, Justin (Sua) Wolter, Josh (Chrissy) Wolter, Daniel Wolter, Allison (Mike) LeFevre, Michelle (Zach) McMurray, Matt (Jenny) Kempen, Mitch (fiancé Ashley) Kempen, Emily (Cody) Olson, Sabrina Wolter and Mason Wolter; his 18 great grandchildren; his siblings, Catherine Weber and Marion DeGroot; and his sister-in-law, Nancy Barker. Jim is welcomed into heaven by his son, Joe; his parents-in-law, William and Anne Barker; his brothers-in-law, William "Butts" Weber, Bill (Jen) Barker, Dan Barker and James DeGroot.
The Funeral Liturgy for Jim will be at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 14, 2017, at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, 222 E. Fremont Street, Appleton, concelebrated by Fr. Jon Thorson and Fr. Charles Brooks, with Deacon Jeff Hofacker. Friends may call directly at the church on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in Holy Spirit Catholic Church Cemetery. Military Honors will be observed at the cemetery. Jim's family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the staff at Affinity Hospice Visiting Nurses for their loving care. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
M, b. July 23, 1918, d. May 6, 1993
- Birth: Robert Eckes was born on July 23, 1918 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Geraldine Ecker were married on September 14, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert Eckes died on May 6, 1993, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. October 19, 1920, d. July 22, 2007
- Birth: Geraldine Ecker was born on October 19, 1920 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Eckes were married on September 14, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Geraldine Ecker died on July 22, 2007, at age 86, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
John W ("Jack Wolter") Wolter
Mary Elizabeth Pardowsky
Jeffery Daniel Wolter