M, b. August 12, 1928, d. October 8, 2006
- Birth: Rolland Spatchek was born on August 12, 1928 in Maple Grove, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ruth Irene Backhaus were married on October 27, 1948 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Rolland Spatchek died on October 8, 2006, at age 78, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Family Cemetery (formerly St Mary), Brillion, Wisconsin.
Ruth Irene Backhaus
F, b. May 27, 1928, d. December 5, 2016
- Birth: Ruth Irene Backhaus was born on May 27, 1928 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Rolland Spatchek were married on October 27, 1948 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ruth Irene Backhaus died on December 5, 2016, at age 88, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Family Cemetery (formerly St Mary), Brillion, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ruth Irene Spatchek, age 88, of Brillion, passed away on December 5, 2016 at Brillion West Haven.
Ruth was born on May 27, 1928 in Manitowoc, daughter of the late Joseph and Ida (Neumeyer) Backhaus. She married Rolland J. "Rollie" Spachek on October 27, 1948 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Alverno. Rollie preceded her in death on October 8, 2006. Ruth was a homemaker, raising their eight children. From cooking and baking, canning, sewing clothes, and quilting, she could do a lot with very little. She was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church and the Christian Mothers of Ladies Sodality.
Ruth is survived by her children: Mary (Mark) Sevelis of Germantown, Judy Wilfer of Clintonville, Barb (Randy) Remiker of Greenville, Betty (Dan) Sheldon of Laona, Nancy (Rick) Kupsky, Annie (Scott) Ott all of Brillion, Cindy (John) Gilbertston of Appleton, and Dan (Joy) Spatchek of Reedsville; 27 grandchildren; 32 great-grandchildren; two brother and three sisters-in-law: Alan (Gen) Backhaus of Manitowoc, Jim Backus of Kaukauna, Ethel Backus, and Gertie Backus, both of Manitowoc; one brother-in-law: Eddie (Angie) Spatchek of Brillion; nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her father-in-law and mother-in-law: Joseph and Delia (Kleiber) Spatchek, a son-in-law: Michael Wilfer, three sisters and five brothers-in-law: Marie (Hank) Miller, Charlotte (Eddie) Ebenhoe, Alice (Paul) Eisner, Harold (Clara) Spatchek, and Elmer Spatchek; three brothers: Bob Backus, Paul Backus, and Ray Backus; and five sisters-in-law: Mary Ann (Eddie) Keller, Elaine (Ellsworth) Nienhaus, Cecilia (Joe) Spurney, Josetta (Joe) Brey, and Darlene Backus.
Funeral Mass will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, December 9, 2016 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion. Officiating at the Mass of Christian Burial will be the Rev. Timothy Brandt, with burial in Holy Family Catholic Cemetery, Brillion.
Friends may call at the church on Friday morning from 9:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
Online condolences may be made.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Ruth's name can be made to Wisconsin Right to Life and The Green Bay Dioceses Mission Appeal.
Many thanks to her friends and the staff at West Haven for their friendship and care over these past several years.
Kate Elizabeth Kupsky
Mary Lou Spatchek
Judith A Spatchek
Daniel Paul Spatchek