Robert T Christensen
M, b. December 17, 1944, d. July 24, 2014
- Birth: Robert T Christensen was born on December 17, 1944.
- Death: He died on July 24, 2014, at age 69, in Margate, Broward Co, Florida.
- Note: Robert T. (Chris) Christensen, age 69, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Margate, Florida. He was born on December 17, 1944, son of the late Robert N. Massonet and Jane F. Christensen. Bob graduated from Neenah High School in 1963 and the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1967. He enjoyed photography, travel and developing computer databases for several Broward County, Florida family service agencies.
Bob (Chris) is survived by his wife, Deborah Pinto, Margate, FL; sister, Mary Christensen, Neenah, WI; brother-in-law, John Pinto; sisters-in-law, Carol and Suzanne Pinto; aunts, Ruth DeCoster, Virginia Stuyvenberg and Dorothy Fetters; uncle and aunt Walter (Rose) Christensen; and his new kitten, Frankie.
He was preceded in death by his parents and stepfather, John H. Christensen.
Private funeral services were held in Margate, Florida.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
U, b. May 19, 1903, d. May 19, 1903
- Birth: Baby Weyenberg was born on May 19, 1903 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He/she died on May 19, 1903, at age 0, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 3, 1906, d. August 1988
- Birth: Helen Guentert was born on June 3, 1906.
- Death: She died in August 1988, at age 82, in Indiana.
M, b. circa 1906
- Birth: Howard Eastwood was born circa 1906.
Eugene Carl Guentert
M, b. September 27, 1907, d. December 19, 1989
- Birth: Eugene Carl Guentert was born on September 27, 1907 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Bernice R LeBlanc were married on June 30, 1931 in Indiana.
- Death: Eugene Carl Guentert died on December 19, 1989, at age 82, in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
Bernice R LeBlanc
F, b. February 16, 1912, d. January 27, 1992
- Birth: Bernice R LeBlanc was born on February 16, 1912 in Indiana.
- Marriage: She and Eugene Carl Guentert were married on June 30, 1931 in Indiana.
- Death: Bernice R LeBlanc died on January 27, 1992, at age 79.
M, b. April 15, 1913, d. August 29, 2005
- Birth: Roman Guentert was born on April 15, 1913.
- Death: He died on August 29, 2005, at age 92.
- Note: Roman L. Guentert
April 15, 1913 - Aug. 29, 2005
South Bend Tribune 8/31/2005
Roman L. Guentert, 92, of South Bend, IN, passed away following an illness at 5:00 a.m. Monday, August 29, 2005, in his home. He was born to the late Joseph J. Jr. and Johanna (Schueller) Guentert in South Bend, IN, and was a lifelong resident. Along with his parents, three sisters, Helen Eastwood, Mary Guentert and Adelaide Remmo, and three brothers, Eugene Guentert, Aloysius Guentert and Joseph Guentert Jr., also preceded him in death. Mr. Guentert retired in 1981 from Crescent Electric Company in South Bend, IN, where he had been employed as a purchasing agent for 45 years.
On September 2, 1937, he married Catherine A. Claffey at Holy Cross Catholic Church in South Bend, IN. Along with his wife of 68 years, he is survived by one daughter, Michelle (husband Wayne) Wydrzynski of Granger, IN; two sons, Patrick R. (wife Jane) Guentert of Lexington, KY, and Norman L. (wife Vicki) Guentert of Niles, MI; five grandchildren, Gretchen (husband James) Butler of Niles, MI, Stephen (wife Kelly) Guentert of Freeland, MI, Andrea Guentert of Seattle, WA, Josua Guentert of San Francisco, CA, and Lisa Wydrzynski of Granger, IN; five great-grandchildren, Catie, Abby and Erin Butler, Lauren and Nathan Guentert; three sisters, Genevieve (husband Merle) Tiede of Martinsville, IN, Cecelia Lowman of South Bend, IN, and Rosemary Ziolkowski of South Bend, IN; two brothers, Frank (wife Melenda) Guentert of Sterling, IL, and Bert Guentert of Azusa, CA.
Mr. Guentert was a member of Holy Cross Parish where he was a choir member and Eucharistic minister at the church. He was a member of Knights of Columbus Santa Maria Council No. 553, and the Father J.A. Nieuwland General Assembly 4th degree, where he served as the faithful purser for four terms.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday, September 1, 2005, in the Kaniewski Funeral Home, 3545 N. Bendix Drive, South Bend, IN, where a combined Knights of Columbus and parish Rosary will be prayed at 5:30 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday, September 2, 2005, in Holy Cross Catholic Church, with Rev. Michael Mathews, C.S.C., officiating. Burial will follow at Riverview Cemetery, South Bend. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Stanislaus/Holy Cross School Renaissance Campaign, 920 Wilber St., South Bend, IN 46628; or to The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc., 111 Sunnybrook Court, South Bend, IN 46637.
Adelaide Imegene Guentert
F, b. July 3, 1916, d. June 22, 1999
- Birth: Adelaide Imegene Guentert was born on July 3, 1916 in Indiana.
- Marriage: She and Roy Leo Remmo were married on July 4, 1939 in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
- Death: Adelaide Imegene Guentert died on June 22, 1999, at age 82, in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
- Note: Adelaide I. Remmo
July 3, 1916 - June 22, 1999
South Bend Tribune 6/25/1999
Adelaide I. Remmo, 82, of South Bend, Ind., died on Tuesday, June 22, after a brief hospital stay for treatment of cancer. She was born in South Bend on July 3, 1916, to Jenny and Joe Guentert, Sr. Surviving of the original 12 Guentert children are Frank, Rosemary Ziolkowski, Cecilia Lowman, Genevieve Tiede, Bert and Roman.
After graduating from Central High School as salutatorian of her class in June 1934, she managed the family household from 1935 to 1942 because of her mother's death.
She married Roy Remmo on July 4, 1939, and they moved to their homestead in 1942 and raised her family: Clyde ''Butch,'' Karen, Bill and Toni. She was the proud grandmother of 20, and even prouder of her 25 great-grandchildren and her great-great-granddaughter.
After her husband's death in 1962 she went back to college and graduated as a licensed practical nurse in 1964. She then went to work for St. Joseph's Hospital and worked there full and part-time until she finally retired at the age of 75.
A Mass is being offered in her memory at 10 a.m. today, June 25, at St. Anthony's Church, Jefferson Street.
Roy Leo Remmo
M, b. July 13, 1915, d. October 10, 1962
- Birth: Roy Leo Remmo was born on July 13, 1915 in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
- Marriage: He and Adelaide Imegene Guentert were married on July 4, 1939 in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
- Death: Roy Leo Remmo died on October 10, 1962, at age 47, in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
M, b. February 13, 1918, d. December 20, 1984
- Birth: Joseph Guentert was born on February 13, 1918.
- Death: He died on December 20, 1984, at age 66, in South Bend, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
Mary Ellen Unknown
F, b. September 3, 1923, d. May 23, 2011
- Birth: Mary Ellen Unknown was born on September 3, 1923.
- Death: She died on May 23, 2011, at age 87.