M, b. November 16, 1848, d. July 5, 1922
- Birth: James Cannon was born on November 16, 1848 in Ireland.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Alice Wallace were married on December 9, 1886 in Holy Angels Church, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Death: James Cannon died on July 5, 1922, at age 73, in Rhinelander, Oneida Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: OLD RESIDENT PASSES AWAY
James Cannon Sr., 12 Anderson St. for many years a resident of this city, passed away very suddenly at 4 o'clock this morning. He was to have been taken to the sanitarium at Oshkosh on the 10:46 Northwester train this morning, but death intervened and he died a victim to Paresis.
Deceased was 74 years of age and had resided in this city for 37 year
The remaining relatives are Mrs. Alice (Wallace) Cannon, James Cannon Jr. who is a member of the city fire department, stationed with hose co #1, Mrs. George Carroll, 16 Mercer Street, and Miss Beatrice Cannon, who lives at home.
Funeral arrangements will be announced later, awaiting the arrival of Mrs. Cannon's two brothers, Dan Wallace, of Appleton, and Edward Wallace, of Oshkosh. Mr. Cannon was an orphan and has no living relatives other than those above mentioned.
Laura P Frederick
F, b. June 3, 1887, d. August 15, 1947
- Birth: Laura P Frederick was born on June 3, 1887 in Royalton, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: She was baptized in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 15, 1947, at age 60.
Harriet A Moritz
F, b. November 17, 1922, d. May 29, 2003
- Birth: Harriet A Moritz was born on November 17, 1922 in Catawba, Price Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Woodrow W Wehrman were married on May 19, 1942.
- Death: Harriet A Moritz died on May 29, 2003, at age 80, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Harriet A. Wehrman
Age 80, died Thursday, May 29, 2003 at Colony Oaks Care Center. She was born on November 17, 1922, the daughter of Henry and Laura (Frederick) Moritz. On May 19, 1942 she married Woodrow 'Woody' Wehrman.
She will be sadly missed by her husband of 61 years, Woody, a daughter, Donna (Richard R.) DeBroux, Menasha; a brother, Rhinehart (Rosaland) Moritz, Colorado; Sisters in-law; Alice Moritz, Appleton; Gwenny Timm, Hortonville; Lyla (Chuck) Schlintz, Shiocton; and Avis Schlintz, Appleton; grandchildren; Kelly Lee Phillips, Jason W. Stezenski, Jolene N. Roberts, Damon J. Roberts, Izaya M. Stezenski, and Teila R. Stezenski; several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Eric Matthew Phillips; a brother, Earl Moritz; brothers in-law; Lenny Timm, Clifford Schlintz, Austin and Myra Wehrman; and two nieces; Judy Lee Schlintz and Christine Rose Moritz.
The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 3, 2003 at First Congregationl U.C.C., 724 E. South River St., with Pastor Kevin Gregory officiating. Visitation will be at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Visitation will also be held at the funeral home on Monday from 4-8 p.m. Burial will be in Highland Memorial Park.
Woodrow W Wehrman
M, b. November 2, 1912, d. September 26, 2003
- Birth: Woodrow W Wehrman was born on November 2, 1912 in Town of Ellington, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Harriet A Moritz were married on May 19, 1942.
- Death: Woodrow W Wehrman died on September 26, 2003, at age 90, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wehrman, Woodrow W.
Age 90, died Friday, September 26, 2003 at Colony Oak Care Center. He was born in the Town of Ellington on November 2, 1912, the son of Louie and Lula (Tessen) Wehrman. On May 19, 1942, he married Harriet Moritz. She preceded him in death on May 29, 2003.
He will be sadly missed by a daughter, Donna (Richard R.) DeBroux of Menasha; three sisters: Gwenny Timm of Hortonville, Lyla (Chuck) Schlintz of Shiocton and Avis Schlintz of Appleton; brother-in-law: Rhinehart (Rose) Moritz of Colo.; grandchildren: Kelly Lee Phillips, Jason W. Stezenski (April Kuehne), Jolene N. Roberts (Jess Beilfuss) and Christine L. (Jeff) Huber; great grandchildren: Dominic M. Roberts, Damon J. Roberts, Izaya M. Stezenski and Teila R. Stezenski and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife Harriet; a grandson: Eric Matthew Phillips; brother and sister-in-law: Austin (Myra) Wehrman; brothers-in-law: Lenny Timm and Clifford Sclintz; brother-in-law and sister-in-law: Earl and Alice Moritz and two nieces: Judy Lee Schlintz and Christine Rose Moritz.
The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. on Thursday, October 2, 2003 at First Congregational U.C.C, 724 E. South River St. with the Rev Kevin Gregory and the Rev. Jane Weeden officiating. Visitation will be at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Visitation will also be held at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4-8 p.m. Burial and military will be held at Highland Memorial Park.
The family wishes to give a special thank you to the Rev. Kevin Gregory and the Rev. Jane Weeded for their support and comfort. Thank you also to the director of nursing, all nurses and aids, especially those in Wing 2, at Colony Oaks for their wonderful and compassionate care of Woody.
Richard R DeBroux
Moses Rheinhart Moritz
Edward Allan Joel
M, b. February 16, 1946, d. February 15, 2012
- Birth: Edward Allan Joel was born on February 16, 1946.
- Death: He died on February 15, 2012, at age 65.
- Burial: He was buried in Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery, King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Edward was welcomed to this life by Edward S. and Rosemary (Salm) Joel on February 16, 1946. He lived his life hunting and fishing in Wisconsin. After a valiant battle against cancer, Ed is finally at peace.
He passed on to his next adventure, Wednesday, February 15, 2012. He leaves behind his life partner, Kim Bantleon of Oshkosh; her sons, Warren and Brandon (Amanda), and his "bestest little buddies" Dominic and Logan; his brother, Larry (Debra) and their son, Niko, of Ames, Iowa; his sister, Vicki VanLankvelt (Rick) of Appleton and their daughters, Kathryn (Dan) and Kristin (Nikki).
Ed loved his country, and bravely served as a proud Marine in Vietnam and with the National Guards 1157th in Desert Storm. Those he loved knew they were always protected. He will be interred with military honors at Veterans Memorial Cemetery at King, WI at a later date. Blessed Be Big Brother Semper Fi
Fox Cities Funeral &
3026 Jackson St.,
(920) 966-9000 www.foxcitiesfuneral.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on February 23, 2012.
Diane Marie Kramer
Roy John Talbot
Philip A Kramer
Mark Alan Kramer