- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Edward Robert Brantmeier
M, b. December 31, 1927, d. January 21, 2012
- Birth: Edward Robert Brantmeier was born on December 31, 1927 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 21, 2012, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Edward R. Brantmeier, 84, Menasha, passed away on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. On Dec. 31, 1927, Edward Robert was born in Menasha, son of the late Andrew and Margaret (Krause) Brantmeier. Eddie enlisted in the United States Coast Guard and served during World War II. In September of 1948, Eddie was united in marriage to Elaine Ackerman in Oshkosh. He had worked for the Neenah Foundry for over 43 years and retired in 1990.
Ed enjoyed riding his bike to the park and talking to his friends at Tony's in Menasha. He also loved to travel and read, but especially loved spending time with his grandkids and family.
Eddie will be missed by his loving wife of 63 years, Elaine; his children, Rick (Bobbie) Brantmeier, Patti (Marc Oltra) Helein, and Diane (Jim) Kolakowski; his grandchildren, Chad and Jeremy Brantmeier, Jenny (Bill) Honkanen, Ronnie (Deb) Zawacki, Joshua Helein; step-grandchildren, Matt and Lisa Kolakowski; great-grandchildren, Maria and Faith Helein, Ronnie Zawacki III, Tobias Honkanen; sisters-in-law, Carol Miller and Mildred Brantmeier; his good friends and neighbors, Eupha Koslowski and Joyce Birling; other family members and friends.
He was also preceded in death by his brother, Rueben Brantmeier; his sisters, Dorothy Speakes, Catherine Mix, Viola Hartzheim; other family and his good friend, John Birling.
A Prayer Service will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012, at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha, with Deacon Rick Dvorak officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 p.m. until the time of the Prayer Service at the funeral home. Interment will take place at St. Mary Cemetery, Town of Menasha.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Dr. Misty Johnson and the staff on the Cardiac Unit at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Your loving care and kindness helped us in our time of need.
Sign the guest book and
light a candle at:
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on January 23, 2012.
M, b. September 25, 1951, d. November 3, 2016
- Birth: James Kolakowski was born on September 25, 1951 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 3, 2016, at age 65.
- Note: James John "Koolie" Kolakowski, 65 of Menasha, passed away on November 3, 2016. Jim was born to John and Marion (Kaminski) Kolakowski in Neenah, WI on September 25, 1951. He was a 1969 graduate of Menasha High School and remained friends with many of his classmates until his death. Jim met Diane Brantmeier of Menasha at a neighborhood block party. Diane noticed that Jim was a "good guy" and they eventually fell in love and were married on October 3, 1987 in front of family and friends. As a couple, they loved to travel to many different places with their blended family. Jim loved taking car rides with his children and cooking Sunday meals for them. His absolute favorite holiday was Thanksgiving. Jim was an avid golfer and his favorite pastime was hanging out with his golfing buddies. It was Jim's job to organize the weekly golf games, and he was lovingly referred to as the "Commish."
In 1969, Jim enlisted in the Army to serve his country during the Vietnam War. He served honorably and was discharged in 1973. Upon his return, Jim became a truck driver in his home town. In 2014, Jim participated in the Old Glory Honor Flight to Washington, DC with other military veterans; it was one of the best days of his life, and he felt that he finally got the respect he deserved after all those years. Jim was a very devoted family man with a terrific smile and great sense of humor. He was a wonderful husband, dad, grandfather, brother, and friend to all.
Jim is survived by his wife, Diane; his children Matt (Sara) Kolakowski, Lisa (Kory DeWitt) Kolakowski, Jenny (Bill) Honkanen, and Ron (Debbie) Zawacki; grandchildren Braylea and Jayce Kolakowski, Tobias James Honkanen, and Ronnie Zawacki; his siblings Carol (Bob) Koslowski, Jane (John) Houlihan; his mother in law Elaine Brantmeier, sister in law Patti (Mark Oltra) Helein, and his brother in law Rick (Bobbie) Brantmeier, as well as many nieces and nephews, and his beloved dog Bella.
Jim is preceded in death by his parents, his sister Judy Romagnoli, and his brother David James Kolakowski.
Per Jim's wishes, no formal service will take place. A gathering in Jim's honor will take place on Sunday, November 27th, at 1:00 pm at THE STONE TOAD, 1109 Oneida St., Menasha. Military honors for Jim will take place prior to the gathering at 12:30 pm at JEFFERSON PARK, 915 Third Street, Menasha. In lieu of flowers, the family will be making a donation to the Old Glory Honor Flight.
Love you until we meet again.
Rueben T Brantmeier
M, b. December 1, 1920, d. August 4, 1972
- Birth: Rueben T Brantmeier was born on December 1, 1920.
- Death: He died on August 4, 1972, at age 51.
F, b. November 8, 1921, d. November 11, 1989
- Birth: Dorothy Brantmeier was born on November 8, 1921.
- Death: She died on November 11, 1989, at age 68.
Marcus A Speakes
M, b. April 19, 1923, d. June 21, 1987
- Birth: Marcus A Speakes was born on April 19, 1923 in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Death: He died on June 21, 1987, at age 64.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 24, 1936, d. March 9, 2001
- Birth: Eileen Kupczyk was born on January 24, 1936 in Ashland, Ashland Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 9, 2001, at age 65.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Randy Scott Harvey
Catherine A Burmeister
F, b. October 22, 1915, d. January 20, 2012
- Birth: Catherine A Burmeister was born on October 22, 1915 in Colby, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Casimer F Kuzniewski were married on February 4, 1935 in Park Falls, Price Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Catherine A Burmeister died on January 20, 2012, at age 96, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Catherine A. Kuzniewski, 96, King, Wis. (formerly of Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.), died on Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, at the Wisconsin Veterans Home in King, Wis. She was born on Oct. 22, 1915, in Colby Wis., the daughter of William and Mary (Gregorius) Burmeister. She married Casimer (Casey) Kuzniewski on Feb. 4, 1935, in Park Falls, Wis. He preceded her in death on Sept. 30, 2006.
Catherine is survived by her son, Paul (Marianne) Kuzniewski, Greenville; two granddaughters, Lynn (Jim) Hessler, Hartland, and their children, Katie and Andy Hessler; and Susan Kuzniewski, Muskego, and her children, Victoria and Mark Pascutti. She is also survived by step-grandchildren, step-great-grandchildren, and step-great-great-grandchildren. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Casimer; an infant son; a step-grandson, Kevin Mackesy; her parents; and her sister, Anita Irwin.
Catherine was a former member of SS. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Wisconsin Rapids. She was a member of the Catholic Daughters of America for over 50 years. Catherine and Casey became residents of the Wisconsin Veterans Home in January of 2002.
A funeral Mass will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012, at 11:30 a.m. at the Main Chapel of the Wisconsin Veterans Home in King, Wis., with Father Paul Vanden Hogen, Celebrant. Interment will be in the Central Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in King, Wis. A visitation will be held on Wednesday morning from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Main Chapel. The Holly Funeral Home of Waupaca, Wis., is assisting the family with arrangements.
The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the staff of MacArthur Hall third floor for the loving care given to Catherine and for the comfort extended to Catherine's family.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on January 23, 2012.
Casimer F Kuzniewski
M, b. January 30, 1914, d. September 30, 2006
- Birth: Casimer F Kuzniewski was born on January 30, 1914 in Necedah, Juneau Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Catherine A Burmeister were married on February 4, 1935 in Park Falls, Price Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Casimer F Kuzniewski died on September 30, 2006, at age 92.
Paul William Kuzniewski
F, b. circa 1745, d. March 24, 1832
- Birth: Geert VanderZanden was born circa 1745.
- Death: She died on March 24, 1832 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. circa 1745
- Birth: Elisabeth VanderVonderVoort was born circa 1745.
M, b. circa 1715
- Birth: Joannes Teunisse was born circa 1715.