Kenneth T Verhoeven
M, b. March 5, 1872, d. June 19, 1872
- Birth: Martin VanRooy was born on March 5, 1872 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: He was baptized on March 7, 1872 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 19, 1872, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/51 no marker - moved from old section in 1950s.
F, b. October 4, 1928, d. October 4, 1928
- Birth: Arla Douglas was born on October 4, 1928.
- Death: She died on October 4, 1928, at age 0.
Bernadette A Trieweiler
F, b. February 7, 1947, d. January 12, 2012
- Birth: Bernadette A Trieweiler was born on February 7, 1947 in Dubuque, Dubuque Co, Iowa.
- Death: She died on January 12, 2012, at age 64, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bernadette Toonen, age 64, passed away Thursday evening, January 12, 2012 at the Appleton Medical Center, following a brief battle with cancer. Bernadette was born in Dubuque, Iowa on February 7, 1947, daughter of the late George and Anne (Oestern) Trieweiler. As a young woman, she attended high school in Iowa, and after relocating to Wisconsin, she worked at Pechmann's, Kobussen Buses, MidTec, and most recently at the receptionist at Air Wisconsin. She enjoyed camping, flowers, cooking, visiting family in Montana, and spending time with her precious grandchildren.
From an early age, Bernadette was the perfect 'big sister', welcoming each new sibling with open arms, teaching them the ropes, and diligently protecting them from harm. It was a trait she never outgrew, and to the end she was the helper, the nurturer, the organizer… the cook!, the one everyone else depended on. And she relished the role, making every birthday, every Christmas, every day a special event for someone. Bernadette had that true generosity of spirit that is so rarely seen. To her, handing out the big and small kindnesses that make life more enjoyable for others was a natural as breathing . She never thought about it, she just did it.
While some little girls want to grow up and become nurses, doctors, teachers, Bernadette always wanted to be a mother. That was her goal, her vocation, and her greatest happiness. She was a mother who lived for her children, and who, simply by example, instilled in them the great values of honesty, kindness, generosity and hard work. Her greatest hope was that they be good people with the kind of family values that made them stick together through thick and thin. When she saw that in her children, she was a happy, contented person who felt her life had been a success.
As wonderful motherhood was for Bernadette, being a grandmother brought her even more joy. She was totally devoted to her grandchildren, and in return, received their undying love and respect. Imagine being the kind of person that grandkids actually want to do yard work and housework for, and you have imagined Bernadette. She was the organizer of all the events that became the highlights of family life - the apple-picking trip in the Fall, the annual trip to cut down the REAL Christmas trees every December, the trips to Bay Beach with the kids and then the grandkids, the camping trips, the bonfires, all of life's simplest pleasures. These times will never be the same without her.
A great sister, a loving mother, a doting grandmother, a wonderful -- and in many cases, lifelong -- friend, the perfect in-law, a most kind and generous person, this was Bernadette Trieweiler Toonen. May those whose lives she touched be inspired to keep her spirit alive forever.
Bernadette is survived by her husband: Jim Toonen of Kaukauna; three children: Chris (Jennie) Bigelow, Eric (Kristine) Bigelow, and Erin (Doug) Hidde, all of Kaukauna; nine grandchildren: Tyler Vanden Heuvel, Abby Bigelow, Cole Bigelow, Trevor Bigelow, Zachary Gould, Jordan Hidde, Alex Hidde, Nathan Hidde, and Steven Hidde; two sisters: Mary (Gary) Trieweiler of Dubuque and Jane Trieweiler of Torrance, California; two brothers: Terry (Carol) Trieweiler of Whitefish, Montana and David (Sharon) Trieweiler of Seattle; an aunt: Ruth Nauman; an uncle: Gerry Trieweiler; brothers-in-law: Robert (Phyllis) Toonen, and Raymond Toonen; and her very dear and special friends Mark Propst, Julie Hemmingway, and Kathy Hetu and her cat, Sophie. Bernadette was preceded in death by a sister-in-law: Roseann Toonen.
The funeral liturgy for Bernadette will be held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 309 Desnoyer Street in Kaukauna with Fr. Tom Pomeroy officiating. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Tuesday after 4:00 PM. Visiting hours will conclude with a prayer service at 8:00 PM.
The family wishes to offer their sincere thanks to everyone in the Oncology Department at the Appleton Medical Center. Your kindness, compassion, and love will never be forgotten.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 W. Wisconsin
Online condolences www.wichmannfargo.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from January 14 to January 16, 2012.
James R Toonen
M, b. December 20, 1925, d. December 8, 2012
- Birth: James R Toonen was born on December 20, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 8, 2012, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jim Toonen, age 86, of Kaukauna, passed away at Cherry Meadows Hospice on Saturday, December 8, 2012, with his family at his side, following a short battle with cancer. Jim was born in Appleton on December 20, 1925, son of the late Raymond and Crescentia (Ciske) Toonen. He attended the Kaukauna High School where he played football and was a member of the photography club. During World War II, he was a member of the United States Army, and served as an Infantryman based in Italy and was currently a member of the Jacob Coppus Post #258 of the American Legion. For many years, Jim worked as a traveling regional sales representative for Weinbrenner Shoe Company, and later operated The Shoe Rack shoe store with a business partner. In later life, he enjoyed working at the Outagamie Regional Airport in airport security. He also volunteered his time at the St. Vincent DePaul store in Kaukauna, and was the Bank of Kaukauna's "Santa" for many years.
Jim was a true gentleman. Everyone will remember him as being respectful and considerate of those around him. He was a man of calm demeanor, but also of strong reserve. He was intelligent, polite, generous, and sincere. Everyone also found him to be witty, fun-loving, and charming. He loved to fish, hunt, play cards, collect coins with his grandchildren, and spend time with family and friends.
Jim was a loving husband, amazing father, devoted grandfather, supportive brother and uncle, and gracious friend. He is survived by his three children: Chris (Jennie) Bigelow of Kaukauna; Eric Bigelow of Kaukauna; and Erin Hidde of Peshtigo; his grandchildren: Abby Bigelow, Tyler Vanden Heuvel, Cole Bigelow, Trevor Bigelow, Zack Gould, Jordan Hidde, Alex Hidde, Nathan Hidde, and Steven Hidde; two brothers: Bob (Phyllis) Toonen of Kaukauna and Ray Toonen of Kaukauna; nieces and nephews: Tracy Toonen, Tim Toonen, Tom (Diane) Toonen, and Ray Toonen; and his special friends: Mark Probst of DePere; Ruth Nauman of DuBuque; and Kathy Hetu and Tom Roberts, both of Kaukauna. He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife of twenty-one years: Bernadette (Trieweiler - Bigelow) Toonen, a sister-in-law: Roseann Toonen, and his in-laws: George and Anne Trieweiler.
The funeral liturgy for Jim will be held at 11:00 AM on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street in Kaukauna, with Fr. Tom Pomeroy officiating. Full military honors will follow the mass and burial will take place at Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Wednesday night from 4:00 PM until the prayer service at 7:00 PM and again at the church on Thursday morning from 10:00 AM until the time of the mass. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to thank the staff at Kindred Hearts, ThedaCare at Home Hospice, and Cherry Meadows for their support and care of Jim. Also, a special thank you to Ruth Nauman, Kathy Hetu, and Tom Roberts for your special friendship to Jim over the years.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1944.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Eva Louise Anderson
F, b. May 8, 1951, d. November 12, 2013
- Birth: Eva Louise Anderson was born on May 8, 1951 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 12, 2013, at age 62, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eva Louise Kuether, 62 of Appleton, passed away Tuesday November 12, 2013 at Appleton Medical Center, surrounded by her family. Eva was born in Appleton, May 8, 1951, daughter of Harland and June (Cottrell) Anderson.
Eva worked at Valley Packaging for 21 years, in their rehabilitation service department. She truly enjoyed helping her clients, whom she considered family. Eva loved horses, especially her two "grand horses", CC, and Jacksen. She enjoyed reading, and "hot rod" cars, especially her 1970 Challenger, and her 1967 Mustang.
Eva is survived by her two sons, Kelly (Kimberly), New London, and Zachary (Molly), Appleton; her parents; three grandchildren, Cody Kuether, Collin Hilker, and Cheyanne Kuether; a brother, Sheldon (Lisa) Anderson; sister, Kay Anderson (special friend, Gary Wassman), Appleton; and two nephews, Adam and Ryan Anderson. She was preceded in death by her maternal grandparents, Erwin and Inez Cottrell, and her paternal grandparents, Harold and Isadora Anderson; six uncles, Edward, Floyd, Clyde, Erwin Jr, Franklin, and Gay; and an aunt, Joyce Cottrell.
Memorial service for Eva will be 7:00 PM on Monday November 18, 2013 at VALLEY FUNERAL HOME, with Rev. Shawn Flanigan officiating. Visitation will be at the funeral home on Monday beginning at 4:00 PM until the hour of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established.
Eva's family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at the Martha Seikman Center, and the seventh floor nursing staff at Appleton Medical Center, for their care and compassion.
F, b. circa 1863
- Birth: Petronella Crooijmans was born circa 1863 in Maashees en Overloon, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Hendrikus Verhoeven were married on February 9, 1895 in Sambeek, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Henry John VanRooy
M, b. November 28, 1890, d. June 25, 1936
- Birth: Henry John VanRooy was born on November 28, 1890 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: He was baptized on November 28, 1890 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 25, 1936, at age 45.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old/1/46.
Donald Joseph Rademaker
M, b. July 21, 1906, d. May 22, 1980
- Birth: Donald Joseph Rademaker was born on July 21, 1906 in Dundas, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 22, 1980, at age 73.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Donald J. Rademaker
904 Metoxen Ave., Kaukauna
May 22, 1980
Age 73, died Thursday afternoon following a brief illness. He was born July 21, 1906 in Dundas. Mr. Rademaker lived in Stanley until 1941 and since then had lived in Kaukauna and was employed at Thilmany Pulp & Paper Co. until his retirement in 1968. He was a member of American Legion Post 41 and the Thilmany Quarter Century Club. Survivors include his wife, Irene Moore Rademaker; a daughter, Mrs. Leo (Kathleen) Mitchell, Kaukauna; two sons: Richard, Combined Locks; James, Kaukauna; two brothers: Lester, Stanley; Robert, Troutdale, Oregon; three sisters: Ms. Irene, Stanley; Mrs. Loraine (Louise) Larson, Eau Claire; Mrs. Donald (Mabel) Vande Hey, Portland, Oregon; six grandchildren. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary Catholic Church, Kaukauna, with the Rev. Gary Dantinne officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Greenwood Funeral Home after 4 p.m. Sunday. There will be an American Legion service at 7 p.m. and a parish prayer service at 8 p.m. Sunday.
Irene Bernadette Moore
F, b. August 1, 1906, d. April 3, 1990
- Birth: Irene Bernadette Moore was born on August 1, 1906.
- Death: She died on April 3, 1990, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Paul Joseph Rademaker
David N Posey
M, b. November 25, 1958, d. January 6, 2012
- Birth: David N Posey was born on November 25, 1958 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 6, 2012, at age 53.
- Burial: He was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: David N. Posey, 53, Suamico died unexpectedly Friday, Jan. 6, 2012. He was born Nov. 25, 1958, in Green Bay to Neil A. and Norma Jane (Aerts) Posey. David graduated from Southwest High School in 1977. He enjoyed the outdoors, especially hunting, fishing and boating. He was also an accomplished taxidermist. David was a good person. Because he was an organ donor, even after his death others continue to benefit from his generous spirit.
He is survived by two children, Sarah Posey, David Posey, both of Green Bay; two grandchildren, Lilianna Posey, Anthony Bautista; his mother, Norma Jane Posey, Green Bay; a brother and sister-in-law, Daniel and Vicky Posey, Suamico; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Barbara and Ben Scharpf, Middleton, Wis.; Elizabeth and John Witcpalek, Oswego, Ill.; a very special grandmother, Margaret Posey, Green Bay; a special aunt, Sr. Clarita Posey, Green Bay; his beloved girlfriend, Ruth Herriges, Suamico; other aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his father, Neil Posey; his paternal grandfather, Dwight Posey; and his maternal grandparents, Norman and Hazel Aerts.
Friends may call at St. Benedict Catholic Church, 3370 Deerfield Rd. West, Suamico, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church with Rev. Gerald Prusakowski O.F.M. officiating. Burial will be in St. John the Baptist Cemetery in the Village of Howard. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. To send on-line condolences please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on January 10, 2012.