M, b. April 21, 1926, d. January 29, 2012
- Birth: Leonard Bekx was born on April 21, 1926 in Aarle-Rixtel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on January 29, 2012, at age 85, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leonard Bekx, age 85, passed away at Theda Clark Hospital on Sunday, January 29, 2012, surrounded by family following a short illness. He was born April 21, 1926 in Aarle Rixtel (N.B.) the Netherlands to the late Eduardus and Lourina (Nooijen) Bekx . He immigrated from the Netherlands on January 15, 1952 and lived in Missouri and Iowa for a short time before settling in Wisconsin. He married Elizabeth Van Grinsven on June 29, 1957 and they made their home first in Appleton, before moving to Neenah in 1964. Len was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, and friend. He always had a positive attitude and shared this outlook with others. Willing to help at a moment's notice, he lived his Christian faith. Len was a long-time member of St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church, Neenah, Wisconsin. He worked for Gilbert Paper Company as a Lennox cutter operator for 33 years, retiring in 1988. His passion for farming was fulfilled by renting acreage and tending to pigs and steers on his farmette in Neenah. Len loved helping others, especially his children and grandchildren with projects; plus his nephews and son-in-law with farm work. For many years he also performed maintenance work for St. Gabriel's, did odd jobs for Pommerening Dodge, and could always be found puttering around in his shop. Len was a real people person, made friends quickly, and enjoyed visiting with others.
He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; four children, including three daughters, Pat (Bob) Thut, Green Bay, their children Ryan, Andrew (Sarah), and Allison Thut; Linda (Bob) Ladwig, Fall River, their children Stacy and Alex Ladwig; Maria (Mike) Schmitt, Hollandtown, their children Anna, David, and Laura Schmitt; one son, Gary (Wendy), Greenville; one son-in-law John Smith, and children Melissa and Matt Smith. He is further survived by sisters, Nella, Laura, Jo, the Netherlands, and brothers Harry (Ann), Minnesota, Gerard, Ben (Mia), the Netherlands, sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws, Riek Bekx, Iowa, Riek Bekx, the Netherlands, Nelly Bekx, Kimberly, Harriet Coppens, Appleton, Max and Shirley Van Grinsven, Appleton, Harry and Margie Van Grinsven, Appleton, and many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
Len was preceded in death by his parents, daughter, Laurie; sisters Gordina, Miet; brothers Henricus, Johann, Martin, Marion, Ted, and Eduard, and his wife's family Ted Coppens, Petra and Christ Van de Ven, Bill and Grace Van Grinsven, and Ed and Mary Van Grinsven. He will be further missed by good friend, Art Pommerening.
Funeral services will be held at 12:00 p.m. Thursday, February 2, 2012, at St. Gabriel Catholic Church, 900 Geiger St., Neenah, with Fr. Larry Seidl officiating. Interment will be in St. Margaret Cemetery, Neenah. Visitation will be from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial St., Neenah and from 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the church until the time of the mass. A prayer service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Leonard's name.
We would like to thank the staff at Theda Clark Hospital and Vallhaven Care Center for their care and compassion.
Kessler Funeral Home
Neenah 920 722 6464
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on January 31, 2012.
- Immigration: He immigrated on January 15, 1952.
Dennis Michael Theyerl
M, b. February 15, 1950, d. June 1, 2010
- Birth: Dennis Michael Theyerl was born on February 15, 1950 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 1, 2010, at age 60.
M, b. circa 1760
- Birth: Joannes VanderWijst was born circa 1760.
Joanna Maria VanderWijst
F, b. circa 1760
- Birth: Joanna Maria VanderWijst was born circa 1760.
M, b. circa 1700
- Birth: Frederik Christiaans was born circa 1700.
M, b. circa 1670
- Birth: Christianus Frederickx was born circa 1670.
Maria Thomissen Celen
F, b. circa 1670
- Birth: Maria Thomissen Celen was born circa 1670.
F, b. February 25, 1700
- Birth: Maria Frederickx was born on February 25, 1700 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. March 16, 1702
- Birth: Theodora Frederickx was born on March 16, 1702 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. July 2, 1706
- Birth: Anthonius Frederickx was born on July 2, 1706 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. March 26, 1703
- Birth: Theodorus Frederickx was born on March 26, 1703 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. November 29, 1708
- Birth: Deliana Frederickx was born on November 29, 1708 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. September 20, 1710
- Birth: Petronella Frederickx was born on September 20, 1710 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1640
- Birth: Antonius Celen was born circa 1640.
M, b. circa 1720
- Birth: Joannes VanLieshout was born circa 1720.
F, b. circa 1710
- Birth: Anna Lankes was born circa 1710.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America