M, b. circa 1875
Family: Ann Rank (b. October 9, 1875, d. July 6, 1949)
- Birth: Jacob Blau was born circa 1875.
Marguerite Helen Roemer
F, b. October 29, 1909, d. August 25, 2002
- Birth: Marguerite Helen Roemer was born on October 29, 1909.
- Death: She died on August 25, 2002, at age 92, in Rice Lake, Barron Co, Wisconsin.
Clarence Casey Roemer
M, b. July 23, 1918, d. May 29, 1976
- Birth: Clarence Casey Roemer was born on July 23, 1918.
- Death: He died on May 29, 1976, at age 57.
M, b. September 11, 1907, d. April 20, 1987
- Birth: Herman Roemer was born on September 11, 1907.
- Death: He died on April 20, 1987, at age 79, in Oregon.
M, b. May 29, 1897, d. November 1903
- Birth: Charles Prue was born on May 29, 1897 in Michigan.
- Death: He died in November 1903, at age 6.
Lorraine M Harding
F, b. August 5, 1901, d. November 9, 1971
- Birth: Lorraine M Harding was born on August 5, 1901 in Michigan.
- Marriage: She and Robert Burdet Haysmer were married in 1935.
- Death: Lorraine M Harding died on November 9, 1971, at age 70, in Sacramento, Sacramento Co, California.
M, b. 1861, d. April 26, 1937
- Birth: Prosper Prue was born in 1861 in Canada.
- Death: He died on April 26, 1937, at age ~76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Marie V Bergeron
F, b. 1865, d. August 28, 1933
- Birth: Marie V Bergeron was born in 1865 in Canada.
- Death: She died on August 28, 1933, at age ~68, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Mary L Prue
F, b. 1890
- Birth: Mary L Prue was born in 1890.
M, b. 1891
- Birth: Antone Prue was born in 1891.
Adam Lester Prue
M, b. 1899
- Birth: Adam Lester Prue was born in 1899.
Robert Burdet Haysmer
M, b. March 22, 1905, d. September 24, 1971
- Birth: Robert Burdet Haysmer was born on March 22, 1905 in Cadillac, Wexford Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Lorraine M Harding were married in 1935.
- Death: Robert Burdet Haysmer died on September 24, 1971, at age 66, in Sacramento, Sacramento Co, California.
Lyall Bernard Prue Haysmer
M, b. August 7, 1928, d. August 24, 1994
- Birth: Lyall Bernard Prue Haysmer was born on August 7, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 24, 1994, at age 66, in Lancaster, Lancaster Co, Pennsylvania.
Francis B Moran
M, b. May 19, 1917, d. December 4, 2011
- Birth: Francis B Moran was born on May 19, 1917 in Minnesota.
- Marriage: He and Noelie Marie Carstens were married on December 26, 1953 in Louisiana.
- Death: Francis B Moran died on December 4, 2011, at age 94.
- Note: Our Story Teller"
Francis B. "Frank" Moran, ninety-damn-four years old, of Appleton died peacefully surrounded by his family on Sunday, December 4, 2011 at Brewster Village. Our loving husband, father, grandfather, and friend was born on May 19, 1917 to John and Sarah (Short) Moran in Slayton, Minnesota. He proudly served in the Army Air Corps during WWII in the Pacific Theater, from 1941 until 1945, first as a mechanic and later as a waist gunner on a B-17. On December 26, 1953 he married Noelie Carstens in New Iberia, Louisiana (the year Christmas came late for him). Frank was a history teacher most of his life and taught at many schools throughout the state including Xavier High School. His hobbies included gardening, camping, traveling, and fishing (he took a fishing trip of a lifetime to Alaska and was fishing as recently as July on the Fox River). Frank also was known as "Mr. Fix it" and was always tinkering around with things. He was proud of his Irish heritage, enjoying Irish music and the corned beef and cabbage. Frank also was a Packer and Brewer fan. He liked to gather with family and friends to enjoy a great meal, especially brats, and was known to drive to Door County for a JJ burger. The most important thing in his life was his family, and the stories he told and the time spent together will always be treasured. He was a member of the VFW Post #2126 and a charter member of St. Bernard Catholic Church.
Frank is survived by seven children: Mary Ellen Fisher, Appleton, Nancy (Chris) Widen, Nashville, Bryan (Mary) Moran, Appleton, Cathy (Kent) Wales, Marquette, Michigan, Louise (Timm) Kunstman, Sister Bay, Anne (James Jr) Garvey, Appleton, Elizabeth (Frank Jr.) Garber, Broussard, Louisiana; 16 grandchildren: Kyle, Kara Noelie, Kate, Patrick, Andrew, Patrick, Elizabeth, Sean, Sarah, Tricia, Ryan, Zachary, Emma Kate, Nicholas, Amelie and Alexander; four great grandchildren: Lukas, Jackson, Cody, and Alivia; brothers and sister: Dr. Leo (Jane) Moran, Clearwater, Florida, Agnes Cousins, Gretna, Louisiana, and Dr. Paul (Nan) Moran; foreign exchange student Marianna Fantin, Italy, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Frank was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Noelie, and siblings; Sr. Mary Moran, John Moran, Jo Hermanski, Michael Moran, Maurice Moran, Laurence Moran, and Tess Sullivan, and a son-in-law Jeff Fisher.
The funeral liturgy for Frank will be held on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM at ST. BERNARD CATHOLIC CHURCH (1617 W. Pine St. Appleton) with Fr. Dennis Ryan officiating. A time of visitation will be held on Friday from 9:00 AM until the time of services at the church. The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at Brewster Village, especially Brenda and Keith, for their kind and compassionate care. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Disabled American Veterans.
537 N. Superior Street
Online Condolences www.wichmannfargo.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from December 6 to December 7, 2011.
Noelie Marie Carstens
F, b. October 20, 1923, d. May 22, 2011
- Birth: Noelie Marie Carstens was born on October 20, 1923 in Louisiana.
- Marriage: She and Francis B Moran were married on December 26, 1953 in Louisiana.
- Death: Noelie Marie Carstens died on May 22, 2011, at age 87.
- Note: Noelie Marie (Carstens) Moran
"Our Angel on Earth"
Noelie Moran, 87, wife, mother, friend, nurse, comedian, mentor, grandmother, and great-grandmother, died peacefully surrounded by her family on Sunday, May 22, 2011. Noelie was born on October 20, 1923 to Charles and Marie (Blanchette) Carstens in New Iberia, Louisiana. Her mother passed away when she was six months old and her step-mother when she was three. She was then raised by her Aunt T'Maude and Nanny Ethel. She graduated from Southwestern Lousiana Institute where she was a member of the Newman Club. After graduating, she taught and practiced nursing at Hotel Dieu Hospital in New Orleans, St Vincent Hospital in Green Bay, and Dorchester Hospital in Door County. Her last job was as an Infectious Disease nurse and Director of Nursing at Oakridge Gardens Nursing Home, where she retired in 1993 after 20 years. She married Frank Moran on December 26, 1953 (the year Christmas came late for Frank) in St. Peter's Catholic Church in New Iberia. She was a member of St. Bernard's Catholic Church.
Noelie had a great sense of humor and was very quick-witted, always sharing a joke with everyone she knew and even those she didn't know. She had a pun or joke for Frank every day of their fifty-seven years of marriage. She was a caring and loving person who always put others first. She loved her family and looked forward to the annual "gatherings" when all her children came home. The most important thing in her life was her family and the wonderful times they were able to spend together. Everyone was always welcome in her home, where she would make room for one more at the table, even when the cupboard was bare. She loved traveling to her native Louisiana and made many trips to Door County to enjoy a "JJ" burger. She loved her flowers and gardening, enjoyed writing, campfires, sewing, and cooking her gumbo. She was a gifted piano player who could play "by ear" and sing along, bringing much joy to all the lives she touched.
Noelie is survived by her husband, Frank of Kimberly, seven children: Mary Ellen Fisher of Appleton, Nancy (Chris)Widen of Nashville, Bryan (Mary) Moran of Appleton, Cathy (Kent) Wales of Marquette, Michigan, Louise (Timm) Kunstman of Sister Bay, Anne (James Jr.) Garvey of Appleton, Elizabeth (Frank Jr.) Garber of Broussard, Louisiana, sixteen grandchildren: Kyle, Kara Noelie, Kate, Patrick, Andrew, Patrick, Elizabeth, Sean, Sarah, Tricia, Ryan, Zachary, Emma Kate, Nicholas, Amelie and Alexander, four great grandchildren: Lukas, Jackson, Cody, and Alivia, a sister, Dr. Jane Ellen Carstens of Lafayette, Louisiana, her foreign exchange student Marianna Fantin of Italy, nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.
Noelie was preceded in death by her parents, brother Charles Carstens, sisters Mary Oneillion, Carolyn Smith and Anna Carstens, and a son-in-law Jeff Fisher.
The funeral liturgy for Noelie will be held on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 11:00 A.M. at ST. BERNARD'S CATHOLIC CHURCH (1617 W. Pine St. Appleton) with Fr. Dennis Ryan officiating. A time of visitation will be held at the church on Friday from 9:00 A.M. until the time of the service.
We know you are in Heaven, laughing, singing, and dancing with the angels.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 N. Superior Street