F, b. July 6, 1949, d. March 9, 1971
- Birth: Nancy Jesse was born on July 6, 1949 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 9, 1971, at age 21.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Mara Lee Stange
F, b. April 12, 2004, d. November 12, 2011
- Birth: Mara Lee Stange was born on April 12, 2004 in Waupaca, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 12, 2011, at age 7.
- Note: Mara Lee Stange, Waupaca, Wisconsin, age 7, passed peacefully in the arms of her loving parents on Saturday evening, November 12, 2011. Our little angel struggled with an inoperable brain tumor, before passing gently into the arms of Jesus and the angels above. Mara was born April 12, 2004 in Waupaca, WI; daughter of Mark and Lehann (LeNoble) Stange. She was a fun-loving little girl who laughed and smiled all throughout her seven years; bringing joy and happiness to everyone she touched. Mara gave us a lifetime of love during her short time here on earth and will be greatly missed.
Mara is survived and deeply loved by her parents: Mark and Lehann Stange of Waupaca, WI; sister, Aleisha Hammond and her children, Joseph and Skye of Waupaca, WI; grandparents: Robert and Lois Stange of Waupaca, WI; Steven and Carolyn Danielson of Waupaca, WI; Crystal Michaels of Eureka, SD; Aunts and Uncles: John and Liz Stange of Waupaca, WI and their children, Lisa of Wauwatosa, WI and Bill of Mesa, AZ; Jeff and Michelle LeNoble and their children, Jennifer, Lehann, Tiffany, Melissa, Emily, and A.J. of Nuernberg, Germany; Karlene Stange, DVM and Robin Boucher of Durango, CO. Mara is also survived by her dog, Elle; her cat, Fluffy; and her canary, Twinkie
She was preceded in death by her grandfather, Jason Michaels; her great-grandparents, Rev. Paul and Olivia Stange, Harvey and Lillian Galow, and Ralph and Germaine Kasten; and her beloved dog, Pearl.
A Memorial Service will be Friday, November 18, 2011 at 1 PM at the First United Methodist Church in Waupaca, WI. Reverend Cathy J.N. Weigand will officiate. A visitation will be held on Thursday evening, Nov. 17, from 4:00 - 8:00 PM at the First United Methodist Church and also on Friday from 11:00 - 1:00 PM at the church. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Mara's name to the Walleye's For Kids of Waupaca. The Holly Funeral Home of Waupaca is assisting the family with arrangements.
526 S. Main Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on November 15, 2011.
F, b. circa 1760
- Birth: Mechelien Kustersc was born circa 1760.
M, b. circa 1700
- Birth: Joannes Harks was born circa 1700.
F, b. January 4, 1921, d. November 15, 2011
- Birth: Kathleen Centen was born on January 4, 1921.
- Marriage: She and Lester Kollman were married on October 24, 1942.
- Death: Kathleen Centen died on November 15, 2011, at age 90, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kathleen Kollman, Green Bay, passed away quietly surrounded by family and friends in her apartment at Brookview Meadows on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011. She was 90 years old. Born Jan. 4, 1921, to William and Antoinette (Josephs) Centen, Kathleen was one of 11 children. She was blessed with a family who truly loved one another, and she passed that sense of love and acceptance on to so many others throughout her life. A graduate of Green Bay East High School, Kathleen did the unthinkable and married a man from West High, Lester Kollman. They were married on Oct. 24, 1942, and together raised six children who blessed them with eight grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren during their 64 years together. Les was greatly missed after his death in 2006.
From 1959 to 1986, Kathleen worked as the secretary to the Vice Principal at Premontre High School (now Notre Dame Academy) in Green Bay. She was dubbed "The Hatchet Lady" by students because she was responsible for giving out demerits and "nobody got anything past Kathy Kollman". She was somehow sweet and tough at the same time Gentle, yet stern. She loved working at Premontre and held a special place in her heart for the Norbertines.
Kathleen managed to teach everyone she met simple life lessons without them realizing it was happening. Known for her clever sayings, like "The reward of a job well done is to be stuck with it" and "Don't put your emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble," she knew instinctively how to be a good mom and give her children the basic tools they needed to survive in the world. She also stubbornly modeled how to love and parent, patiently mellowing Lester over the years. Kathleen was sharp and witty until the end. She was engaging, welcoming and could always laugh at herself. She shared her wonderful smile with every one she met. Kathleen loved golfing, bowling, doing crossword puzzles, and eating out. She swam laps at the gym well into her eighties. And she thoroughly enjoyed learning new things, fascinated by the world around her and always game for an adventure. She even shook hands with the Pope!
Kathleen is survived by five daughters and one son, Pat and Larry Schauer, Green Bay; Lois and Hank Mathews, San Diego, Calif.; Carol and Steve Lom, Sobieski; Kathy Kollman, Green Bay; Mary Jo and Elliot Kollman, Augusta, Maine; and Mike and Mary Osterloh-Kollman, Green Bay. In addition, she is survived by eight grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren, Rob and Lynn Schauer (Katie, Megan and Michael), De Pere; David Schauer and Jane Marie, Manitowoc; Lisa and Tom Leander (Aidan and Charlotte), Green Bay; Eric and Rachel Lom (Max, Evan, Norah and Abby), Darboy; Benjamin and Cathy Lom (Logan, Brayden, Riley, Isaac and Garrett), Pulaski; Dylan Kollman, Menasha; Patrick Kollman, Oakland, Calif.; and Sasha Kollman, Solana Beach, Calif. She is also survived by her brother-in-law, Jack Blair and sister-in-law, Ruth (Barney) Farah; as well as numerous nieces and nephews.
Kathleen was preceded in death by her loving husband, Lester; her parents; her step-niece and special family friend, Elizabeth "Betty" Morse; her nephew, Don Peerenboom; and all nine siblings, Raphael, Winfred "Winn," Clifford "Cliff," Don, Dorothy and Lorraine Centen, Florence Morse, Charlotte (Bruce) Peerenboom, and JoAnn Blair.
Friends may call at St. Willebrord Catholic Church, 209 S. Adams St., from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the church with the Rev. Andrew G. Cribben O.Praem officiating.
Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
The family wishes to thank the neighbors, John and Kathy Adams who were so helpful over the years; everyone at Brookview Meadows who were so kind to Mom, especially Jill Vander Velden; her special friend Judy Grathen who helped make it possible for Mom to stay at Brookview Meadows as her health failed, and to the wonderful people from Unity Hospice who helped all of us navigate these last few weeks with dignity and grace. We will be forever grateful.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from November 16 to November 17, 2011.
M, b. January 17, 1917, d. October 15, 2006
- Birth: Lester Kollman was born on January 17, 1917.
- Marriage: He and Kathleen Centen were married on October 24, 1942.
- Death: Lester Kollman died on October 15, 2006, at age 89.