Henricus Joannes VanDelen
M, b. August 20, 1837
- Birth: Henricus Joannes VanDelen was born on August 20, 1837 in Lottum, Limburg, Netherlands.
Gerardus Hubertus VanDeelen
M, b. January 22, 1845
- Birth: Gerardus Hubertus VanDeelen was born on January 22, 1845 in Lottum, Limburg, Netherlands.
Joannes Sigbertus Schraven
M, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Joannes Sigbertus Schraven was born circa 1780.
Joanna Catharina VanEijndt
F, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Joanna Catharina VanEijndt was born circa 1780.
F, b. November 12, 1916, d. February 16, 2007
- Birth: Hazel Jorgensen was born on November 12, 1916 in Michigan.
- Marriage: She was married on May 25, 1940.
- Death: She died on February 16, 2007, at age 90.
- Note: Hazel Jorgensen Smith is my great, great aunt. She is a sister to my great grandma, Iola Jorgensen Devine. She was born in Pine Township, Michigan on November 12, 1916. She was the second born of five daughters. Her parents were William J. and Lena Wulff Jorgensen. Her mother, a school teacher, died when Hazel was only 11.
She went to Pleasant Hill School, Lakeview High School, and then Montcalm County Normal to learn how to be a teacher. She and all her four sisters became teachers just like their mother.
One of her biggest hobbies was sports. She's always loved to play softball, basketball, and tennis. She even played softball until she was 47 years old!
She got married to Martin P. Smith on May 25, 1940. They moved to a farm where they lived their whole lives. They had four children together. For 18 years she taught in inner city schools in Grand Rapids, Michigan. While she taught and raised her family, she went to Central Michigan University where she got her bachelor's degree. Then she went to the University of Michigan and got a master's degree in special education. She retired from teaching in 1978.
Hazel was interested in compiling and publishing books about teaching. At the age of 81 she published her own book called Pleasant Hill Memories. This book is a collection of stories, pictures, and maps which tell about the people who lived in Pleasant Hill area. She liked sharing and selling her books at local craft sales.
She lived a long, busy life. Hazel died at the age of 90 in Stanton on February 16, 2007.
Hannah Robinson, 2011.
M, b. December 14, 1920, d. November 6, 1963
- Birth: Harvey Bowie was born on December 14, 1920 in South Carolina.
- Death: He died on November 6, 1963, at age 42, in Abbeville, Abbeville Co, South Carolina.
- Note: Harvey Bowie was born in Abbeville SC in the early 1920's. After he graduated from Abbeville High School he joined the United States Army. He served in World War II. He was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed and received a purple heart. After he got out of the Army he married Dorothy Whitten. They had three children Allen, Brenda, and Cindy Bowie. He worked for Milliken and Co. and worked close with the CEO Roger Milliken. Grandpa Harvey got Leukemia at age of 37 and died within a few months. My mom has said that she wish she could have met him. She has heard allot of great stories and knows he was a loving and wonderful man.
Nathan Fleming, 2011
Jim Bowie is a descended of my mom's family the Bowie's. It has been traced back that he is a Great Uncle x's five. He was born in 1796 in Kentucky. He later moved to Texas. He fought in The Texas revolution along with Jimmy Crockett. Jim Bowie is known for the “The Bowie” Knife. And fighting at the Alamo. There are many different stories of how he died March 6, 1836. They have said he died of pneumonia and other reports that he was shot. My mom's family has an original Bowie Knife that they keep back in South Carolina.
Nathan Fleming, 2011.
F, b. July 5, 1924, d. February 22, 2009
Family: Harvey Bowie (b. December 14, 1920, d. November 6, 1963)
- Birth: Dorothy Whitten was born on July 5, 1924 in South Carolina.
- Death: She died on February 22, 2009, at age 84, in Abbeville, Abbeville Co, South Carolina.
Walter W J Landes
M, b. circa 1880
- Birth: Walter W J Landes was born circa 1880.
Martha A Dietrich
F, b. August 25, 1888, d. October 26, 1966
- Birth: Martha A Dietrich was born on August 25, 1888 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 26, 1966, at age 78, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
Hendrikus Lambertus VanderHeijden
M, b. circa 1740
- Birth: Hendrikus Lambertus VanderHeijden was born circa 1740.
- Marriage: He and Johanna Bisschops were married.
M, b. circa 1805, d. April 22, 1831
- Birth: Antonius VanderHeijden was born circa 1805 in Schaijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on April 22, 1831 in Schaijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1800, d. April 13, 1871
- Birth: Hendrikus VanderHeijden was born circa 1800 in Schaijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on April 13, 1871 in Schaijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Joannes Aard VanderLinden
M, b. circa 1730
- Birth: Joannes Aard VanderLinden was born circa 1730.
Emma M Bolle
F, b. March 15, 1892, d. June 18, 1990
- Father: Anton Bolle (b. January 16, 1861, d. March 27, 1955)
- Mother: Augasta Hintz (b. February 23, 1869, d. September 21, 1951)
Family: John William McCandless (b. February 22, 1884, d. April 8, 1964)
- Sadie Marie McCandless (b. September 10, 1908, d. February 27, 1990)
- Olive McCandless (b. July 17, 1910, d. March 18, 1976)
- Lucille E McCandless (b. June 25, 1913, d. March 29, 2008)
- Charles Edwin McCandless (b. July 30, 1917, d. April 4, 1988)
- Birth: Emma M Bolle was born on March 15, 1892 in Neva, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John William McCandless were married on August 10, 1908.
- Death: Emma M Bolle died on June 18, 1990, at age 98.
M, b. circa 1745
- Birth: Martinus VanderLinden was born circa 1745.