Richard Paul Diny
Susan Joan Diny
F, b. 1957, d. 1971
- Birth: Susan Joan Diny was born in 1957.
- Death: She died in 1971, at age ~14.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Greenleaf, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 28, 1922, d. May 20, 1990
Family: Marie Diny (b. August 20, 1920, d. September 9, 2012)
- Birth: Paul Lehman was born on August 28, 1922.
- Death: He died on May 20, 1990, at age 67.
M, b. June 13, 1853, d. November 18, 1937
- Birth: Byron Baldwin was born on June 13, 1853 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co, Massachusetts.
- Death: He died on November 18, 1937, at age 84, in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Byron Baldwin Rites Conducted at Home
Manawa — Funeral services for Byron Baldwin, 84, almost a lifelong resident of Union and the oldest settler in that township, were conducted from his home at 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon, Nov. 20, by the Rev. Lowell Reykdal, pastor of the Methodist Episcopal church, Manawa. Burial took place in the Symco cemetery. Mr. Baldwin died early Thursday morning. He had suffered paralytic strokes during recent weeks and had been seriously ill the last month.
Born in Plymouth, Sheboygan county June 13, 1853. Mr. Baldwin came to the town of Union with his parents in November, 1856, where he has since resided except for one year spent in Montana. His marriage to Miss Clarissa Van Patten occurred at Symco on June 4, 1881.
Mr. and Mrs. Baldwin homesteaded on farm in the town of Union immediately after their marriage. In 1890 they moved to the farm which was their home until 1906, when they went to Montana for a year. Upon their return they
bought a house in Symco, where they have continued to reside.
Surviving Mr. Baldwin are his widow and four sons. Francis of St. Paul. Minn., Ezra of Ovando, Mont. Walter at home, and Bert of Spencer.
Clarissa Louise VanPatten
F, b. September 16, 1862, d. October 2, 1958
- Birth: Clarissa Louise VanPatten was born on September 16, 1862.
- Death: She died on October 2, 1958, at age 96, in Waupaca, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: SERVICES ARE HELD FOR CITY'S OLDEST CITIZEN, MRS. BALDWIN
Mrs. Clarissa Baldwin, our oldest resident, died at the Convalescent Home Thursday afternoon, October 2 at the age of 96 years. Until three years ago she had enjoyed remarkable health and lived with her son Walter in the home at 515 S. Bridge Street.
The funeral service for Mrs. Baldwin was conducted at the Methodist church by the Rev. Norman Lawton, Sunday afternoon. Burial was in the Symco cemetery.
The pallbearers were Charles Quimby, Weyauwega; Joe Baldwin, Willard Baldwin, Symco; Homer Baldwin, Irvin Beach, Waupaca, and Earl Baldwin, Appleton.
Clarissa Van Patton was born September 16, 1862 in Adams county and came to Symco with her parents at the age of five years. She was married to Byron Baldwin, also of Symco, June 14, 1881. To this union five sons were born. Mr. Baldwin and a son preceded her in death.
Survivors are four sons, Ezra, Lola, Mont.; Bert, Spencer; Francis, Siren, and Walter; seven grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren and three great, great grandchildren.
Julius Ensign Baldwin
M, b. January 28, 1855, d. December 8, 1919
- Birth: Julius Ensign Baldwin was born on January 28, 1855 in Plymouth, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 8, 1919, at age 64, in Manawa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: THE GRIM REAPER
J.E. Baldwin died at his home in this village, Monday morning, December 8th, 1919, at the age of 64 years, 10 months, and 10 days. Heart trouble was the cause of his death.
Julius Ensign Baldwin was born January 28th, 1855, at Plymouth, Wis., and was the son of Nathaniel Willard Baldwin and Sarah Coon Baldwin. He came with his parents to Symco, at the age of two years, and grew to manhood in this vicinity.
He was married to Lillian Ellsworth, October 11th, 1875, at Linden, Sheboygan county, and to them were born two children - Clyde, who died at the age of seven years, and Mrs. Florice Fournier, of this village.
They moved to Manawa from Marinette, 14 years ago, and have made their home here since that time. He had been a member of the Masonic order for 35 years, joining at Weyauwega, and later transferring his membership to Manawa after the lodge was instituted here.
Although Mr. Baldwin was a member of no church, he exemplified by correct and honorable life the teachings of the Golden Rule, and unfailingly evinced a practical piety that will long be remembered as the best of professions. In temperament he was mild, conciliatory, and candid; and yet remarkable for an uncompromising firmness. He gained confidence when he seemed least to seek it.
Besides his wife and daughter, he is survived by one granddaughter, Lillian Fournier; three brothers, Oscar and Byron, of Symco, and Marion, of Poysippi; two sisters - Mrs. Helen Beach, of Symco, and Mrs. Capitola Kretchmere, of Dupont; besides many other relatives and a host of friends.
Funeral services were held at the residence Wednesday afternoon, Rev. I.H. Lewis officiating, and the interment was in the Symco cemetery. The Masonic Lodge, of Manawa, conducted the services at the grave.
Mary Lillian Ellsworth
F, b. October 10, 1858, d. September 7, 1927
- Birth: Mary Lillian Ellsworth was born on October 10, 1858.
- Death: She died on September 7, 1927, at age 68, in San Diego, San Diego Co, California.
- Note: MRS. ENSIGN BALDWIN DIES IN SAN DIEGO, CAL.
Mrs. Lillian Baldwin, widow of Ensign Baldwin, for many years a resident of this place, died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Florice Fournier, in San Diego, Cal., Wednesday, September 7, at the age of 69 years, 10 months, and 28 days. The body was cremated in that city and was then sent to Manawa. Interment took place in the Symco cemetery today.
Helen Sarah Baldwin
F, b. September 21, 1856, d. November 21, 1932
- Birth: Helen Sarah Baldwin was born on September 21, 1856 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 21, 1932, at age 76, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Samuel David Beach
M, b. December 18, 1856, d. October 18, 1926
- Birth: Samuel David Beach was born on December 18, 1856 in Ontario, Canada.
- Death: He died on October 18, 1926, at age 69, in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: DEATH TAKES PIONEER RESIDENT OF SYMCO
Samuel David Beach Passes Away After Living In Town Of Union Over Half A Century
The death of Samuel David Beach, one of the pioneer residents of Symco, occurred at his home in that village, Monday, October 18, at the age of 69 years and ten months.
Mr. Beach was born in Beachburg, Canada, December 18, 1856. With his parents he moved to Winnebago county, Wisconsin, in 1865 where he attended the public schools. After a stay of four years there they moved to the town of Union in Waupaca county, and the family has made its home in Symco since 1876. Mr. Beach owned the Symco cheese factory and also managed a livery stable there for a time.
His marriage to Miss Helen Baldwin of Union took place in 1878. Six children were born to them, of whom only two are living.
Surviving the deceased are his wife, one son, Asa of Waupaca, a daughter, Grace (Mrs. Julius Schuelke) of Little Wolf, two brothers, Arthur of Canada and Wesley of Three Lakes, besides other relatives and friends.
Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon from the Methodist Episcopal church at Symco, Rev. L.E. Jones officiating. Mrs. John Seffern, accompanied at the organ by Miss Beatrice Wegener, gave vocal selections. Interment was in the cemetery at Symco.
Nathaniel W Baldwin
M, b. May 30, 1859, d. April 15, 1866
- Birth: Nathaniel W Baldwin was born on May 30, 1859 in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 15, 1866, at age 6.
Capitola Eugene Baldwin
F, b. July 12, 1861, d. April 13, 1935
- Birth: Capitola Eugene Baldwin was born on July 12, 1861 in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 13, 1935, at age 73, in Big Falls, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: MRS. JUL. KRETSCHMER DIES IN DUPONT
Capitola Eugine Kretschmer passed away at her home in the town of Dupont Saturday, April 13, 1935, at the age of 73 years, 10 months and 29 days.
Deceased was born at Symco, Waupaca county May 15, 1861. It was in this locality that she grew to womanhood. Her parent's name was Coon. On October 26, 1885, she was married to Julius Kretschmer by John Alft, a Justice of the Peace at Clintonville.
The husband and two sons survive. Charles of Portland, Oregon and Oscar of Merrill, Wis. One brother, Byron Baldwin of Symco.
Funeral services were held from the home Tuesday, April 16th, Rev. Kurtz officiating. Burial in Roseland cemetery. Undertaker Uttormark.
Julius August Kretschmer
M, b. May 9, 1862, d. February 3, 1942
- Birth: Julius August Kretschmer was born on May 9, 1862 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 3, 1942, at age 79, in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
Edith F Baldwin
F, b. April 28, 1864, d. November 14, 1865
- Birth: Edith F Baldwin was born on April 28, 1864 in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 14, 1865, at age 1.
M, b. April 15, 1868, d. January 13, 1872
- Birth: Harry Baldwin was born on April 15, 1868 in Symco, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 13, 1872, at age 3.