Paul A Gartzke
M, b. October 19, 1922, d. May 18, 2016
- Birth: Paul A Gartzke was born on October 19, 1922 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ione Marie Miller were married on January 19, 1946 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Paul A Gartzke died on May 18, 2016, at age 93.
- Note: Paul A. Gartzke, age 93, passed away on Wednesday, May 18, 2016. He was born on October 19, 1922 in Menasha to the late Adolf and Mary (Turensky) Gartzke. Paul graduated from St. Mary High School in 1940. After graduation, Paul proudly served his country in the US Army in England, Germany and France during WWII. On January 19, 1946, Paul married Ione Miller at St. Mary Catholic Church in Menasha. He worked at Kimberly Clark until his retirement at the age of 60. Paul was an avid hunter and fisherman, and also enjoyed gardening, camping, woodworking and visiting with his old time friends at Jefferson Park. He was a life-long member at St. Mary Catholic Church in Menasha. Most importantly, Paul was a devoted husband and father who cherished his time he spent with his wife, children and grandchildren.
Paul is survived by his four children: Carol (Michael) Quinn, Michael (fiancée Heather Hawtrey) Gartzke, Connie (Neil) Frassetto and Sharon Nelson; 12 grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren, two great great-grandchildren; brothers-in-law: Elmer Miller and Ed Manske; sisters-in-law: Marcella Gartzke and Laverne Miller; he is further survived my many nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 67 years, Ione Gartzke; brother: Peter Gartzke; sister: Mary Ann Sarnowski; daughter-in-law: Linda. He was further preceded in death by many brothers and sisters-in-law.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:30 AM on Thursday, May 26, 2016 at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH (528 Second St., Menasha) with Fr. Paul Paider officiating. Visitation will be held at church from 9:30 AM until the time of mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established in Paul's name.
Paul's family wishes to extend a special thank you to Dr. Aliyeva, along with the wonderful nurses and staff at St. Elizabeth Hospital for the care given to Paul.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on May 22, 2016.
F, b. circa 1901, d. September 10, 1967
- Birth: Emma Ulness was born circa 1901.
- Death: She died on September 10, 1967.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
F, b. December 7, 1893, d. January 29, 1959
- Birth: Ida Zarnoth was born on December 7, 1893.
- Death: She died on January 29, 1959, at age 65.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1917, d. May 1, 1971
- Birth: Alvin Gartzke was born circa 1917.
- Death: He died on May 1, 1971.
F, b. January 22, 1889, d. August 23, 1967
- Birth: Ruby Wilcox was born on January 22, 1889 in Oregon.
- Death: She died on August 23, 1967, at age 78, in Washington County, Oregon.
Emma E Capulien
F, b. February 8, 1897, d. October 13, 1974
- Birth: Emma E Capulien was born on February 8, 1897.
- Death: She died on October 13, 1974, at age 77.
Jessie L Gartzke
M, b. June 19, 1886
- Birth: John Plank was born on June 19, 1886.
F, b. circa 1885
- Birth: Emily Treptow was born circa 1885.
Dorothy Mae Froman
F, b. April 5, 1912, d. July 5, 1994
- Birth: Dorothy Mae Froman was born on April 5, 1912.
- Death: She died on July 5, 1994, at age 82, in Virginia.
Betty Lou Gartzke
F, b. December 2, 1936, d. March 14, 2004
- Birth: Betty Lou Gartzke was born on December 2, 1936 in Richmond, Norfolk Co, Virginia.
- Death: She died on March 14, 2004, at age 67, in Virginia.
- Note: Schmidt, Betty Lou
HAMPTON - Betty Lou Schmidt, 67, died Sunday, March 14, 2004, at home. Born in Richmond, she had lived in Phoebus since 1968 where she was a member of Phoebus United Methodist Church. She was also a member of the Ladies Auxiliary of American Legion Post 48.
Survivors include her husband, Billy Schmidt; five daughters, Susan Leonard of Hampton, Sharon Barr of Eastern Shore, Sheryl Johnson of Newport News, Pam Double of Richmond and Sindee Austin of Richmond; one brother, Charles A. Gartzke Jr. of Richmond; 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
A funeral service will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday in R. Hayden Smith Funeral Home chapel with the Rev. Chuck Root officiating. Burial will follow in Parklawn Memorial Park. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. Monday in the funeral home. Her family was her first priority and she will be greatly missed and always remain in our hearts.
Charles August Gartzke
M, b. June 24, 1911, d. August 19, 2000
- Birth: John Sarnowski was born on June 24, 1911.
- Marriage: He and Mary Ann Gartzke were married on June 17, 1936.
- Death: John Sarnowski died on August 19, 2000, at age 89, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Ione Marie Miller
F, b. July 15, 1926, d. August 15, 2013
- Birth: Ione Marie Miller was born on July 15, 1926 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Paul A Gartzke were married on January 19, 1946 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ione Marie Miller died on August 15, 2013, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ione M. Gartzke age 87, passed away on Wednesday, August 15, 2013 at Oakridge Gardens with her family by her side. She was born on July 14, 1926 in Neenah, the daughter of the late Lyman and Mabel (Wilson) Miller. She was united in marriage to Paul Gartzke on January 19, 1946 at St. Mary Catholic Church. Their marriage was blessed with four children. Ione loved taking care of her family and home. She was an impeccable housekeeper and a great cook of family dinners. She enjoyed canning the fruits of Paul's gardens and taking care of her plants indoors. Ione enjoyed playing cards, fishing and camping in the Northwoods and the occasional trip to the casino. Her greatest reward was spending time with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.Ione is survived by her husband Paul of 67 years, four children: Carol (Michael) Quinn, Michael (fiancée Heather Hawtrey) Gartzke, Connie (Neil) Frassetto and Sharon Nelson; 12 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, one great-great-granddaughter, one brother Elmer Miller, two sisters-in-law, Marcella Gartzke and Laverne Miller and one brother-in-law Ed Manske. She is further survived by many nieces, nephews, cousins and dear friends. Ione is preceded in death by two sisters, Lois Fleming and Joyce Manske, two brothers, Donald and Lyman, daugher-in-law Linda, further preceded by many brothers and sisters-in-law.Mass of Christian Burial will be at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at St. Mary Catholic Church, 528 Second Street, with Father Paul Paider officiating. Friends and family may visit at the church on Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of mass. Private burial will take place at St. Mary Catholic Cemetery, Town of Menasha.The family would like to thank the staff at Oakridge Gardens for all the wonderful care and comfort that was given to Ione, also thank you to Deacon Rick Dvorak for all his wonderful visits. All your kindness will never be forgotten. In lieu of flowers, a memorial is being established.
Wendy Jo Matheys