M, b. circa 1880
- Birth: George Thiel was born circa 1880.
F, b. circa 1880
- Birth: Caroline Peters was born circa 1880.
William J Thiel
M, b. October 27, 1917, d. August 16, 2011
- Birth: William J Thiel was born on October 27, 1917 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Sylvia C Hogan were married on September 18, 1937.
- Death: William J Thiel died on August 16, 2011, at age 93, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: William J. Thiel, age 93, of Neenah, passed away Tuesday, August 16, 2011, at Vallhaven Care Center in Neenah. He was born October 27, 1917, in Green Bay to the late George and Caroline (Peters) Thiel. On September 18, 1937, Bill married Sylvia Hogan, and they made their home in Menasha before moving to a farm in Winchester, where they raised their family. Along with farming, he had worked for Gelhar Sand Co. and was instrumental in bringing the Gelhar Sand Co. to the Larsen area. For 25 years Bill was a millwright for Kimberly-Clark Corp. until his retirement. After their retirement, Bill and Sylvia spent winters in Tampa, Florida for over 20 years. Bill's wife of 62 years, Sylvia, preceded him in death on July 13, 2000. He was a member of Grace Lutheran Church in Winchester for over 60 years.
Bill is survived by his six children, Nancy (Bruce) Armstrong, John (Jo) Thiel, Jim Thiel, Betty (Roy) Deiss, Beverly (Gary) Wiita, and Connie (Gerald) Sauer; fifteen grandchildren, Brett (Chris) Armstrong, Bart (Pam) Armstrong, Troy Armstrong, Lisa (Rick) Lewin, Terri Thiel, Jackie Ots, Marney (Mike) Verhasselt, Mike (Arline) Thiel, Scott Thiel, Brenda (David) Brusky, Nancy (Jeff) Cottrell, Lori (Jim) Opperman, Darci Thompson, David Sauer, and Rebecca Sauer; many great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews.
Along with his parents and wife, Bill was also preceded in death by two brothers, Royce and Donald Thiel; and one sister, Helen Ziegert.
A Funeral Service for Bill will be held on Friday, August 19, 2011, at 2:00 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church of Winchester, Larsen, Wisconsin, with Pastor Dan Luett officiating. Burial will follow in the Grace Lutheran Cemetery. A Visitation for family and friends will be on Friday at the church from 1:00 p.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
Mueller Funeral Home
904 E. Main St.
Winneconne, WI 54986
Please submit online
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on August 17, 2011.
Sylvia C Hogan
F, b. February 6, 1918, d. July 13, 2000
- Birth: Sylvia C Hogan was born on February 6, 1918 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William J Thiel were married on September 18, 1937.
- Death: Sylvia C Hogan died on July 13, 2000, at age 82.
Roy C Deiss
M, b. circa 1943, d. April 5, 2012
- Birth: Roy C Deiss was born circa 1943.
- Death: He died on April 5, 2012.
- Note: Roy C. Deiss, age 69 of Winneconne, WI died peacefully early Thursday morning, April 05, 2012 at his home with his family by his side.
A Memorial Service will be held on Monday April 9, 2012 at 3:00p.m. at St. Paul's Ev. Lutheran Church, 8 S. Fourth St. Winneconne, WI with Pastor John Covach and Pastor Mark Albrecht officiating. Relatives and friends may call at the church on Monday from 1:00p.m. until the hour of services.
Mueller Funeral Home
904 E. Main St.
Winneconne, WI 54986
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on April 6, 2012.
Gerald N Sauer
M, b. September 24, 1945, d. March 4, 2015
- Birth: Gerald N Sauer was born on September 24, 1945 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 13, 1971.
- Death: He died on March 4, 2015, at age 69.
- Note: Gerald "Jerry" N. Sauer, age 69 of Neenah, passed away Wednesday, March 04, 2015. He was born in Neenah on September 24, 1945 to the late Norman and Irene (Baker) Sauer. On November 13, 1971, he married Connie Thiel. Together they had two children, David and Rebecca.
Jerry will be remembered for his love of hunting with his son, David as well as his planting tomatoes in the summer. He also enjoyed racing snowmobiles and NASCAR.
He will be sadly missed by his wife of 43 years, Connie; his children: David (Kim Krieser) Sauer, and Rebecca (Norman Groeschel) Sauer; his brothers: John Sauer and Ronald (Barb) Sauer; his sisters, Sally (Emert) Stacker; Mary Kaczmarek; and Debra (Jeff) Thompson; and his step-mother, Arlene Sauer. He is further survived by his Chocolate Lab, Annie; as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
Jerry was preceded in death by Connie's parents, William & Sylvia Thiel; Ralph Richardson; brothers-in-law, Ron Kaczmarek and Roy Deiss; and nephews: Jason Thompson and Andrew Sauer.
A memorial service for Jerry will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Monday, March 9, 2015 at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home, Vicar Cheryl Davis officiating. Visitation will be from 5:00 P.M. until the hour of service.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Brett Alan Armstrong
F, b. August 11, 1903, d. August 31, 1903
- Birth: Rosella Mollen was born on August 11, 1903 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 31, 1903, at age 0, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old Unmarked.
- Note: Lived 3 weeks.
M, b. December 29, 1888, d. February 3, 1894
- Birth: Edward Mollen was born on December 29, 1888 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 3, 1894, at age 5.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old Unmarked.
M, b. 1871
- Birth: Henry Lenz was born in 1871.
Frank G Lenz
M, b. February 27, 1860, d. February 22, 1939
- Birth: Frank G Lenz was born on February 27, 1860 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 22, 1939, at age 78.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.