Clayton Arthur Burton
M, b. February 15, 1931, d. November 29, 1996
- Father: Edward Burton (b. February 9, 1890, d. September 12, 1932)
- Mother: Fern Goman (b. November 28, 1899, d. March 29, 1980)
Family: Norene Zahn (b. February 16, 1933, d. June 20, 2011)
- Birth: Clayton Arthur Burton was born on February 15, 1931.
- Marriage: He and Norene Zahn were married on October 19, 1985.
- Death: Clayton Arthur Burton died on November 29, 1996, at age 65.
Family: Reid Coley (b. circa 1952, d. December 6, 2013)
M, b. circa 1952, d. December 6, 2013
- Birth: Reid Coley was born circa 1952.
- Death: He died on December 6, 2013.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Reid R. Coley, age 61, was Born to Eternal life on Friday, December 6, 2013. Loving husband and best friend of over 38 years to Cynthia (Nee Wehrman). Proud father of Jennifer (Brett) Justman and Jill Coley (Scott). Adoring grandfather to Isaac, Jake, and Gavin. Devoted son of (the late Russell) and Merle Coley. Dear brother of Bruce (Diane), Debra (Joe) Van Beek and Randy (Sandy) Coley. Special uncle to Kristi, Tim, Tom, Amy, Stephanie, Merrick, Brian, Jeff, Cory and Alex.
Reid was a special education teacher for over 20 years. He enjoyed boating and fishing, was a golf enthusiast and a lover of music. He was also an avid baseball fan, and a loyal supporter of the Milwaukee Brewers. He will be sadly missed.
Visitation will be in the Zwaska Funeral Home, 4900 W. BRADLEY ROAD, BROWN DEER, WI 53223 on WEDNESDAY, December 11, 2013 from 4 to 7 PM. Additional visitation will be in St. Paul's Lutheran Church (8080 N. 47th STREET, BROWN DEER, WI) on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2013 from 10 to 11 AM. A funeral service will follow at 11 AM. Final rest, Highland Memorial Park Cemetery, Appleton.
Memorials are appreciated to St. Judes.
Gerald Walter Freier
M, b. August 6, 1929, d. June 19, 2011
- Birth: Gerald Walter Freier was born on August 6, 1929 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 28, 1948.
- Death: He died on June 19, 2011, at age 81.
- Note: Gerald W. Freier Sr., of Waupaca, age 81, passed away peacefully on Sunday, June 19, 2011 at Bethany Home. He was born in Little Chute on August 6, 1929 to the late Walter and Gertrude (Jahns) Freier. On August 28, 1948 he married Dorothy Kruse. Gerald was a Plant Engineer at the Neenah Foundry for 36 years, retiring in 1987. He had been a member of both the Neenah and Waupaca Kiwanis Clubs. He was a very active member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
He will be sadly missed by his wife: Dorothy; sons: Gerald (Patricia) Freier of Neenah; James Freier of Waupaca; grandchildren: Shelley (Christopher) Wautlet, Timothy Freier, Tasha (Joe) Naylor, Tori (Randy) Freier, great grandchildren: Riley and Liliana Freier, Kiersten Wautlet, Morgan and James Naylor, brothers: Pastor Ronald (Gwen) Freier of MI; Russell (Elsie) Freier of Neenah; sisters: Joyce Nemitz of FL; Linda (Tom) McGoey of Winneconne; Beverly Freier of Neenah; Victoria (Bob) Mindel of Neenah; sister-in-law: Laurie Freier of Appleton, other relatives and friends.
In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his daughter, Deborah Krebs, brother, Eugene Freier and sister, Karen Peterson.
The Funeral Service will be on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 11 a.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church with Rev. Dr. Charles Tews officiating. The visitation will be on Friday at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Graveside Services will be held on Friday at 2 p.m. at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Neenah. Memorials are appreciated to Trinity or Shepherd of the Lakes Lutheran Churches.
The family would like to thank Bethany Home for all their care and dedication.
N2620 Hwy 22
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 21, 2011.
F, b. October 10, 1945, d. October 13, 2012
- Birth: Beverly Freier was born on October 10, 1945 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 13, 2012, at age 67.
- Burial: She was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Beverly Kay Freier was called to her Heavenly Home on October 13, 2012. She was born on October 10, 1945 in Neenah, WI; baptized on November 5, 1945 and confirmed on October 13, 1985. She was the beloved daughter of Walter and Gertrude (Jahns) Freier. When Beverly was born with Down Syndrome, her parents felt it was a blessing that God entrusted them with her care.
On her journey through life, Beverly blossomed. She celebrated the highest level of independency she could attain when she entered community living where she was cared for and was treated as family. She first lived with Jean Davis in Menasha; then as her Alzheimer's progressed, she moved to Jane's Way (Jane Scholz) in Neenah. Bev enjoyed participating in activities at the ARC of Neenah-Menasha. She had a passion for bowling with her friends and whenever she would hear music; her feet were dancing to the beat. Beverly loved unconditionally and enjoyed life.
Beverly worked at Lakeside Packaging in Neenah for over 30 years. Until she was no longer able to live at Jane's Way, she moved to Parkview Health Center in Oshkosh. She had a special affection for children, the elderly and others with disabilities. With every smile she gave, one was always returned.
In addition to her parents, predeceasing her are two brothers and one sister, including Eugene Freier, Gerald Freier and Karen Peterson; as well as a brother-in-law Arnold Nemitz. Surviving are two brothers and three sisters. They are Rev. Ronald (Gwen Bilse) Freier, St. Joseph, MI; Russell (Elsie Peterson) Freier, Neenah; Joyce Nemitz, Ft. Myers, FL; Linda (Thomas) McGoey, Winneconne; and Victoria (Robert) Mindel, Neenah. She also is survived by a brother-in-law, Larry Peterson, Neenah and two sister-in-laws, Lauren Freier, Appleton and Dorothy Freier, Waupaca. Bev leaves behind many nieces and nephews as well as many friends, including her very special friend Mark Andersen.
The family wishes to thank her caregivers and the nursing staff at Parkview Health Center. They were amazing in caring for Beverly. We also want to acknowledge the staff at Lakeside Packaging and many others who were a part of Beverly's life. She was fortunate to have a long God-given life, where her purpose was certainly to spread unconditional love, joy and her many smiles.
The funeral service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home with Rev. Ronald Freier officiating. Visitation will be held Thursday from 11:00 a.m. until the hour of the service at the funeral home. Interment will take place at Greenlawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Beverly's honor.
The Child, yet unborn, spoke with the Father,
"Lord, how will I survive in the world?
I will not be like other children, my
walk may be slower, my speech hard
to understand, I may look different.
What is to become of me?"
The Lord replied to the child,
"My precious one, have no fear, I will
give you exceptional parents. They
will love you because you are special,
not in spite of it. Though your path
through life will be difficult, your
reward will be greater. You have been
blessed with a special ability to love,
and those whose lives you touch will
be blessed because you are special."
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Online condolences at:
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on October 16, 2012.
F, b. circa 1950, d. yes
- Birth: Debra Freier was born circa 1950.
- Death: She died yes.
Eugene Charles Freier
M, b. September 25, 1927, d. December 8, 2008
- Birth: Eugene Charles Freier was born on September 25, 1927 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elaine Ruth Conjurske were married on November 29, 1947.
- Death: Eugene Charles Freier died on December 8, 2008, at age 81.
John H Carnot
M, b. June 12, 1942, d. June 20, 2011
- Birth: John H Carnot was born on June 12, 1942.
- Death: He died on June 20, 2011, at age 69.
- Note: John H. Carnot, age 69, of Silvercliff, WI, passed away unexpectedly on Monday, June 20, 2011, at his home. He was born June 12, 1942 to the late Howard and Dorothy Carnot. John graduated from Kaukauna High School. He married Mary Carnot. He served his Community as a Kaukauna Police Officer for 26 years until retiring. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, trapping and spending lots of time with his grandkids and dog, Coco at their retirement home in Silvercliff.
John is survived by his loving wife, Marilyn; four children: Dan Carnot of Athelstane, Cheryl (special friend, Keith Rademaker) VandenBloomer of Kaukauna, Dave (Lisa) Carnot of Kaukauna and Mike Carnot of Athelstane; 9 grandchildren: Joey Carnot, Kayla VandenBloomer, Kyle VandenBloomer, Levi Carnot, Krysta Carnot, Kaisha Hommen, Ryley Carnot, Mikey Carnot and Peyton Carnot; one great grandchild, Ava Rae Anderson; a brother, Bill (Kathy) Carnot; and a sister, Carol (Dennis) Debruin; and further survived by numerous extended family and friends.
Funeral Services for John will be 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 23, 2011, at First Presbyterian Church in Athelstane with Pastor Linn Wittmann officiating. Interment will be in the Silvercliff Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Thursday at church.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.messarfuneralhome.com. Messar Funeral Home of Wausaukee is assisting the family with arrangements.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 22, 2011.