Carol J Grosskopf
F, b. August 23, 1962, d. March 4, 2013
- Birth: Carol J Grosskopf was born on August 23, 1962 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 4, 2013, at age 50.
- Note: Carol J. Vandermissen, 50, of Menominee, MI, passed away Monday, March 4, 2013. She was born August 23, 1962 in Appleton, Wisconsin to Victor and Grace (Femal) Grosskopf.
Everyone who knew Carol would say she had a big heart, loved everyone and always had a piece of advice. She was best known for her time at the DeYoung Family Zoo, opening her home to anyone and Sunday dinners.
She is survived by her husband, Ken Vandermissen; daughter, Hailey Babcock (fiancé, Cody Braun); step-daughter, Jean Vandermissen; sisters, Vicki (Dan) Thomas, Susan (Gary) Hoerth, Janet (Rick) Pulec and her father, William Baldwin and his daughters; nieces, nephews and many "adopted" kids.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Cathy.
A private family memorial gathering will be held at her home on Sunday, March 10, 2013.
Hansen-Onion-Martell funeral home, Marinette, is assisting the family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on March 7, 2013.
M, b. December 17, 1924, d. September 29, 2015
- Birth: William Baldwin was born on December 17, 1924 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Luella Thompson were married on October 15, 1945.
- Marriage: William Baldwin and Grace G Femal were married on June 12, 1976 in St Joseph Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: William Baldwin died on September 29, 2015, at age 90.
- Note: William "Bill" W. Baldwin, 90, devoted husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend, passed away surrounded by family on Tuesday, September 29, 2015. Bill was born on December 17, 1924 in Draper, Wisconsin, to Delbert and Etta (Hough) Baldwin. Bill enlisted at 18 and served in the United States Coast Guard and the Naval Reserves. Following three years of active duty in the WWII Pacific Theater, he returned to marry his sweetheart, Luella Thompson, on October 15, 1945. She preceded him in death on July 14, 1975. On June 12, 1976, he married Grace Grosskopf (also widowed), creating a lively blended family of seven girls. Grace preceded him in death on June 19, 2011.
Aside from a very productive and dedicated 40-year career with Fort Howard Paper, Bill was a talented harmonicist playing at a number of venues throughout the city over the years. He was also a member of the American Legion 6352, Stratford, Wisconsin and the VFW 106, Seymour, Wisconsin.
Bill dedicated his life first to his family and close friends where his quick wit, relaxed sense of humor, and overall good nature were infectious. He was a fun-loving, good time enthusiast, avid bowler, lukewarm golfer but did get a hole in one once, adventurous traveler, jigsaw and crossword champion, and tenacious sports fan.
Bill is survived by his five daughters, Ann (John) Devroy, Suamico, Cheryl (Dan) Leffel, Stratford, Vicki (Dan) Thomas, Oshkosh, Janet (Richard) Pulec, De Pere, Sue (Gary) Hoerth, McAllen, TX; 14 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren; as well as his "adopted daughter" Chris (Scott) Reindel. He was preceded in death by an infant son; his daughters, Cathy Grosskopf and Carol Vander Missen, and 12 siblings.
Visitation will be held on Saturday, October 3, 2015 from 4:00 p.m. until the time of the funeral service at 6:00 p.m. at Lyndahl Funeral Home, 1350 Lombardi Avenue, with the Rev. Gail Sowell officiating. Military Honors will follow. William will be laid to rest at St. John's Lutheran Cemetery, Ashwaubenon. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Bill's name. Special thanks to Heartland Hospice and the wonderful, loving staff at Emerald Bay Assisted Living.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, 2015.
Cathy Ann Grosskopf
F, b. 1959, d. 1984
- Birth: Cathy Ann Grosskopf was born in 1959.
- Death: She died in 1984, at age ~25.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Olivia Grace Swenson
F, b. February 16, 1933, d. June 20, 2011
- Birth: Norene Zahn was born on February 16, 1933.
- Marriage: She and LaVerne H Wehrman were married on September 6, 1952.
- Marriage: Norene Zahn and Clayton Arthur Burton were married on October 19, 1985.
- Death: Norene Zahn died on June 20, 2011, at age 78, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Norene Virgene Burton, age 78, passed away on Monday, June 20, 2011, at Appleton Medical Center. Norene was born on February 16, 1933, daughter of the late Marvin and Viola (Stahl) Zahn. She has resided in Appleton since moving here ten years ago. On September 6, 1952, she was married to LaVerne H. Wehrman, in the township of Cicero, WI; he preceded her in death on July 29, 1977. She later married Clayton Burton on October 19, 1985; he also preceded her in death on November 29, 1996. Norene was formerly employed by Zwicker Knitting Mill for many years. She enjoyed Polka music, playing cards, and bowling with her friends, neighbors, and relatives. She was a member of St. John United Church of Christ, Appleton, where she readily volunteered for many church events and activities. She enriched the lives of those who crossed her path. Earth's loss is Heaven's gain.
Norene is survived by her two daughters, Cynthia (Reid) Coley, and Kitty (Mark) Plowman; Peter Remmel; two sisters-in-law, Virginia Zahn and Ione Zahn. She is further survived by Peter (Peggy) Burton, Lela Burton, Ruth (Roger) Joas, Beth (Steve) Stalker, Bruce (Cindy) Burton, Karla (Paul) Hoffman, and Kay (Greg) Geurts; 19 grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many special nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends. She was further preceded in death by two brothers, Gerald Zahn, and Ronald Zahn.
The funeral service for Norene will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 24, 2011, at ST. JOHN UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST, 1130 West Marquette St., Appleton, with Rev. Dr. Tom Fritz officiating. Friends may call on Thursday, June 23, 2011, at the WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., and again on Friday at the church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of the service. Interment will take place at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. Memorial contributions in Norene's name may be made to the American Cancer Society , 790 Marvelle Ln., Green Bay, 54304, or to St. John United Church of Christ.
537 N. Superior Street
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 21, 2011.
LaVerne H Wehrman
M, b. July 31, 1931, d. July 29, 1977
Family: Norene Zahn (b. February 16, 1933, d. June 20, 2011)
- Birth: LaVerne H Wehrman was born on July 31, 1931.
- Marriage: He and Norene Zahn were married on September 6, 1952.
- Death: LaVerne H Wehrman died on July 29, 1977, at age 45.