Virginia I Flease
F, b. April 16, 1924, d. January 17, 2014
- Birth: Virginia I Flease was born on April 16, 1924.
- Marriage: She and James Heenan were married on November 11, 1950.
- Death: Virginia I Flease died on January 17, 2014, at age 89.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Virginia Heenan, age 89, passed away peacefully at the Hospice Residence at The Heritage in Appleton. Virginia was born near New London on April 16, 1924, daughter of the late George and Rose (Riedl) Flease. She attended Wisdom Ridge School in Mukwa, graduated from high school in New London, and attended beauty school in Oshkosh. She worked as a beautician in the area for a time prior to her marriage to Jim Heenan at Ss. Peter and Paul Church in Weyauwega on November 11, 1950. The couple was married for over sixty years, enjoyed each other's company until Jim's passing in 2011. Jim and his "bride" are together again. Many will remember Virginia as one of the lunch ladies at St. Mary's School in Appleton, where she worked for thirty years. She also enjoyed playing bridge with her Wednesday card club, golfing, arts and crafts of all kinds, and cleverly taking nickels away from her sheephead-playing friends at Touchmark.
Virginia leaves behind four sons and their families:
Patrick (Carol) Heenan and their daughter Andrea;
Mike (Sue) Heenan and their son Nick (Melissa);
Tim (Jane) Heenan and their son Brian;
Tom (Sally) Heenan and their children James "J.T.", Kylie, and Mitchell.
She is also survived by two brothers: Clair Flease of New London and Robert (Joan) Flease of Mukwa; a sister: Naomi Johnson of Green Bay; and a brother-in-law: Harold Blanshan of Arizona. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Jim in 2011, a granddaughter Beth Ann Heenan, a brother Pete (Sally) Flease, a sister Veronica (Roman) Contos, a brother-in-law Jim Johnson, and a sister-in-law Marge Flease.
The funeral liturgy for Virginia will be held at 10:30 AM on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 312 S. State Street in Appleton, with Fr. Jim Leary, OFM Cap. officiating. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery. Family and friends are invited to gather at St. Mary's Church in Appleton on Wednesday morning from 8:30 AM until the time of the service. A memorial fund is being established in Virginia's name. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Our family would like to offer sincere thanks to the entire staff at the ThedaCare Hospice Residence at The Heritage. Mom was there only a brief time, but we so appreciated all that you did for us. We will forever remember your kindness.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena