F, b. March 11, 1936, d. January 1, 2011
- Birth: Ruth Knutson was born on March 11, 1936 in Navarino, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Alfred Jochman were married on August 31, 1955.
- Death: Ruth Knutson died on January 1, 2011, at age 74.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ruth Jochman (nee Knutson) passed away peacefully on January 1, 2011, at the age of 74, surrounded by her family, after a courageous and hard-fought battle against cancer. Ruth was born to the late Clarence and Gertrude (Nelson) Knutson on March 11, 1936, in Navarino, Wisconsin. Ruth moved to Appleton at the age of 16 and continued to reside in Appleton for the rest of her life. Ruth was married to Alfred Jochman and had two children; a son, Richard and his wife Julie (Miller) Jochman and daughter, Elizabeth Jochman Ebben and her husband Daniel. Ruth was an incredibly hard worker and was employed at Appleton Wire Works for over 20 years as well as at Albany International as a wire weaver helper.
She enjoyed many hobbies including decorating, watching British comedy, listening to and enjoying classical music and spending time with her grandchildren who were the joy of her life. Her grandchildren will always remember her great love, loyalty and devotion. They remember the many trips to the Milwaukee County Zoo and Bay Beach, as well as the weekly gatherings of the entire family that she hosted at her house each Sunday. Ruth was and is the light of her family and a source of strength. Ruth was a perfectionist through and through with unfathomable love for her family and others. She also loved animals, and adopted several collies over the years.
Ruth is survived by her children Richard and his wife Julie (Miller) Jochman as well as a daughter Elizabeth (Jochman) Ebben and her husband Daniel. She is also survived by six grandchildren, Hannah Jochman and Tyler Jochman and Johnathan Ebben, Amanda Ebben, Christopher Ebben, Kaitlynn Ebben. Ruth is also survived by two sisters Patty (Raymond) Trudell and Janet (Paul) Gennigen as well as many brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law and nieces and nephews.
Ruth is preceded in death by her sister Norma Knuth and Norma's husband Ronald as well as her parents Clarence and Gertrude Knutson.
Ruth will be terribly missed by her family and all who loved her. She will be remembered for her kind spirit, her incredible love for her family and her hard work and dedication in all that she did. Ruth knew that life did not end at death — one of her favorite Bible verses was John 14:2, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." Truly, Ruth is at peace with God in her Father's house.
A Funeral Service for Ruth will be held on Wednesday, January 5, 2011, at 11 a.m. at Zion Lutheran Church, 912 N. Oneida St., Appleton. Family and friends may visit at the church on Wednesday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Entombment will take place in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. Contributions in her memory may be made to the American Cancer Society online (www.cancer.org), or in person before the service.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
"Serving as would
F, b. March 2, 1949, d. December 23, 2010
- Birth: Jerilynn Thiele was born on March 2, 1949 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 23, 2010, at age 61.
- Note: Jerilynn "Jeri" Pekarske (nee Thiele), passed away on Thursday, December 23, 2010, surrounded by her loving family, from Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). Her unwavering faith in God provided her strength throughout her illness and comforted her family and friends as she "rested in the Lord." Jeri was born on March 2, 1949, in Kaukauna, WI, to Harold and Lavern (Maurer) Thiele. She was the fourth of five children. Jeri attended Kaukauna High School, where she graduated in 1967.
Jeri then attended the Lutheran Hospital of Milwaukee School of Nursing, where she earned her nursing diploma on May 31, 1970. While in school, she met her "knight-in-shining-armor" Richard Pekarske, whom she married on April 25, 1970. She achieved her goal of becoming a Registered Nurse and found the profession to be very satisfying. However, she found being a mother to her three sons, Wade Joseph, Matthew Richard and Andrew James Pekarske to be her most fulfilling and rewarding calling. Jeri had a wonderful passion for motherhood and family, and she provided a safe and caring home-life for all. She also had an abundance of happiness and never lost her child-like zest for life, as she was known to "howl at the moon" anytime she was with her sisters Barbara Vander Bloemen, Darlene Vander Heiden and Denise Selsmeyer. She even danced with her walker in the weeks preceding her death. Jeri loved her butterfly and vegetable gardens, from which she prepared flavorful and healthy meals for her family. She enjoyed many trips to National Parks in the United States, as well as numerous cruises in the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Jeri is survived by her husband Richard; three sons: Wade (Tammy), Matthew (Nicole) and Andrew (Jenny); her grandson Samuel; and her sisters Barbara, Darlene and Denise. Jeri is further survived by many sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and pets.
Jeri was preceded in death by her parents: Harold and Lavern; brother Roger Thiele; father-in-law Joseph Pekarske, and mother-in-law Anita (nee Rosenbaum) Pekarske.
Visitation will be held on Saturday, January 8, 2011, at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church (1350 State Highway 175, Hubertus) from 1 p.m. until time of memorial services celebrating her life at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Jay Thorson leading the celebration. In lieu of flowers, Jeri requested that donations be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
The family would like to extend a sincere and heart-felt thank you to Dr. Federico Sanchez, the staff of Waukesha Memorial Hospital, and the nurses from Vitas Home Hospice. The excellent care provided was comforting to Jeri and her family during a difficult time.
SCHMIDT & BARTELT
A.A. Schmidt & Sons
Funeral and Cremation
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1967.
Wade Joseph Pekarske
Steven J Peterson