Ralph G Baeten
M, b. February 22, 1943, d. February 22, 2017
- Birth: Ralph G Baeten was born on February 22, 1943.
- Death: He died on February 22, 2017, at age 74.
F, b. May 27, 1948, d. March 21, 2013
- Birth: Virginia Baeten was born on May 27, 1948 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 21, 2013, at age 64.
- Note: Brown, Virginia B. (Ginny nee Baeten), age 64, of 1388 Walnut St. Newton Highlands, MA 02461 died March 21, 2013 at her residence following a lengthy illness.
Ginny was born May 27, 1948 at Green Bay, daughter of the late Christian and Viola (Hockers) Baeten, graduated St. Joseph Academy and St. Norbert College. Married to Eugene L. Brown. She taught chemistry at Simmons College and played violin with the Cambridge Symphony Orchestra.
Ginny is survived by her husband Eugene, their son: Aaron; Croton on Hudson, NY; her brother: Ralph G. (Virginia) Baeten, Green Bay; sisters include: Joan Haen, Oshkosh; Doris (Richard) Thomas, Wisconsin Rapids; Barbara (David) Reinbold, Manitowoc; brothers-in-law: Donald (Karin) Brown, Menasha; and Dennis (Theresa) Brown, Appleton, nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by two brothers: Ralph C. Baeten and Rev. David R. Baeten and brother-in-law Kenneth Haen.
A Memorial Service will be held in the Bigelow Chapel of the Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013.
Memorials to Roman Totenberg Scholarship Fund.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on March 26, 2013.
Ralph C Baeten
M, b. 1933, d. 1941
- Birth: Ralph C Baeten was born in 1933.
- Death: He died in 1941, at age ~8.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Margaret B (Gretchen) Banning
F, b. April 18, 1915, d. November 25, 2010
- Birth: Margaret B (Gretchen) Banning was born on April 18, 1915 in Dillon, Beaverhead Co, Montana.
- Marriage: She and Richard E Fitzpatrick were married on June 15, 1946 in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Margaret B (Gretchen) Banning died on November 25, 2010, at age 95.
- Note: Gretchen Fitzpatrick, 95, passed away peacefully early on Thursday morning, November 25, 2010. Gretchen was born in Dillon, Mont., on April 18, 1915, daughter of the late Forrest and Martha (Berens) Banning. The family attended Holy Cross Church in Kaukauna. Gretchen graduated from the Holy Cross School in 1929 and graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1933.
On June 15, 1946, she married Richard "Fitz" Fitzpatrick at Holy Cross. He preceded her in death in 1999. Gretchen was a member of the Knights of Columbus Auxiliary, the Letter Carriers' Auxiliary and enjoyed flower gardening.
She is survived by two children, Barbara Winkler, Sussex; and Michael (Sharon) Fitzpatrick, Janesville; two grandchildren, Michelle Fitzpatrick (fiance, Ryan Berends) and Tom Fitzpatrick; a sister, Mary (Robert) Flynn, Kaukauna; a brother-in-law, Dale Kilgas, Kaukauna; as well as many nieces and nephews and their families, and special friends and neighbors.
Gretchen was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, infant son, infant sister, son-in-law, William Winkler, and a sister, Helen Kilgas.
A memorial Mass will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, December 1, 2010, at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, 222 E. Fremont Street in Appleton. The family will receive relatives and friends at the church on Wednesday morning from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established.
The family would like to offer their sincere thanks to all of the wonderful caregivers at Touchmark on Prospect, St. Paul Elder Services and to Dr. Mahoney and his staff. Our mother could have been in no better hands. Thank you all so very much.
Wichmann Funeral Home
537 N. Superior Street
Richard E Fitzpatrick
M, b. August 11, 1910, d. December 29, 1999
- Birth: Richard E Fitzpatrick was born on August 11, 1910 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Margaret B (Gretchen) Banning were married on June 15, 1946 in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Richard E Fitzpatrick died on December 29, 1999, at age 89.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Mary Terese Banning
F, b. November 20, 1927, d. November 7, 2016
- Birth: Mary Terese Banning was born on November 20, 1927 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Mark Flynn were married in 1949 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Terese Banning died on November 7, 2016, at age 88, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mary Terese Flynn (nee Banning), of Kaukauna, age 88, passed away on November 7, 2016 at Atrium Post Acute Care in Little Chute, WI. She was born on November 20, 1927 in Kaukauna, WI to Forrest and Martha (Berens) Banning. Mary grew up in Kaukauna and graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1945. After high school she worked for The Kaukauna Times, Kaukauna Club Cheese and Bell Telephone.
Mary married Robert Flynn in 1949 in Kaukauna. They were happily married for 67 years. Mary was a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church and the National Association Daughters of the American Revolution. She and her husband, Bob, enjoyed numerous trips to Ireland and Europe, as well as spending winters in Florida. Mary was also an accomplished knitter, and enjoyed reading murder-mysteries.
Mary is survived by her husband, Robert "Bob" of Kaukauna; her children: Daniel (Cindy) of Lansing, MI; Patrick (Laurie) of Appleton; and Marianne "Mimi" (Perry) Yates of LaGrange, IL; grandchildren: Ryan and Erin Flynn, Anna and Abigail Yates; sisters-in-law, Kathleen "Kaye" and Julia Flynn; nieces and nephews and other relatives.
Mary was preceded in death by her parents, Forrest and Martha; her sisters, Helen (Dale) Kilgas and Gretchen (Richard "Ed") Fitzpatrick; father-in-law and step mother-in-law: Bernard and Rose Flynn; Bob's mother: Eleanor Flynn; and brothers-in-law: Bernard and James Flynn.
Visitation will be held Saturday, November 19, 2016 at HOLY CROSS PARISH (309 Desnoyer St. Kaukauna) beginning at 8:30 a.m. until time of Mass at 10:00 a.m. The Rev. Thomas Pomeroy will officiate. Committal Holy Cross Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial is being established.
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1945.
Robert Mark Flynn
M, b. October 24, 1925, d. January 11, 2017
- Birth: Robert Mark Flynn was born on October 24, 1925 in Berwyn, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Mary Terese Banning were married in 1949 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert Mark Flynn died on January 11, 2017, at age 91, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert Mark Flynn, 91, passed away peacefully on January 11, 2017 at St. Paul Elder Services in Kaukauna. He was born on October 24, 1925 in Berwyn, IL to the late Bernard Sr. and Eleanor (Hentz) Flynn.
Bob lived many places in northern Illinois as a child, and enjoyed visiting his aunts and uncles in Kaukauna, Neenah and Oshkosh. As a member of the "Greatest Generation," Bob joined the Navy on October 22, 1943 and served in World War II until April 3, 1946. He was deployed from Washington State, and travelled to Alaska and all throughout the Pacific. Bob served as a Seaman, 1st Class on the Destroyer Escort DE-15 U.S.S. Austin. In 2007 he was recognized by the government of the American Mariana Islands for his service. After he was discharged in Shoemaker, CA in 1946, Bob saved his money from the bus ticket and hitch-hiked across the country to Hinsdale, IL. He then moved to Kaukauna to live with his aunt and uncle, Ceil and Edgar LaBorde to start this career in the Pipe Trades. In 1948 Bob was as sprinkler fitter apprentice with Union 688, and then transferred to the United Association of Plumbers' and Steamfitters' Union Local 458 (now 400) in Appleton (now Kaukauna) of which he was a member until his death. He served as President of the Union in the late 1970's and early 1980's, and was elected Business Manager from 1984 to his retirement in 1990.
Bob married Mary Banning in 1949 in Kaukauna. They were happily married for 67 years. Bob was a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church, and the Appleton Rifle and Pistol Club. He and his wife, Mary, enjoyed numerous trips to Ireland and Europe, as well as spending winters in Florida. When Bob was younger, he enjoyed duck hunting with his sons and friends. Anyone who knew Bob knew his great Irish sense of humor.
Bob is survived by his sons: Daniel (Cindy) of Lansing, MI, and Patrick (Laurie) of Appleton, WI; his daughter, Marianne "Mimi" (Perry) Yates of LaGrange, IL; grandchildren: Ryan Flynn of Lansing, MI, Erin Flynn of Marina del Rey, CA, Anna Yates and Abigail Yates both of LaGrange, IL; sisters-in law: Kaye Flynn of Westchester, IL and Julia Flynn of Woodbridge, VA; step-brother, Joseph Shroka of Downers Grove, IL; and step-sister Shirley Friederick of North Carolina. He is further survived by nieces and nephews and other relatives.
Bob was preceded in death by wife, Mary; his parents and step-mother, Bernard Sr., Eleanor and Rose; and his brothers, Bernard Jr. and James.
Visitation will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at HOLY CROSS PARISH (309 Desnoyer St. Kaukauna) from 10:30 a.m. until the time of Mass at 12:00 Noon. The Rev. Thomas Pomeroy will officiate and Deacon Bruce Corey will assist. Military honors will immediately follow. Committal Holy Cross Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial is being established. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com.
The Flynn Family would like to give special thanks to the staffs of Atrium Post Acute Care and St. Paul Elder Services for their compassionate care of Bob.
Roy Charles (Mick) Puls
M, b. September 27, 1913, d. November 28, 2010
- Birth: Roy Charles (Mick) Puls was born on September 27, 1913 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Stritzel were married on March 22, 1941.
- Death: Roy Charles (Mick) Puls died on November 28, 2010, at age 97.
- Note: Roy C. "Mick" Puls, passed away Sunday morning, November 28, 2010. He was born September 27, 1913 in Outagamie County, son of the late Arthur and Anna (Hartsworm) Puls. On March 22, 1941, he was united in marriage to Lucille Stritzel. She preceded him in death August 4, 1996. Roy was owner and operator of North Osborn Cheese Factory. until his retirement in 1961. He was a member of Emmanuel Lutheran Church and charter member of the Lutheran Brotherhood. He was one of the founders of Crystal Springs Golf Course. He and his brother Ralph enjoyed time at their cottage in the Northwoods, fishing and enjoying nature.
Survivors include nieces and nephews; one sister, Vera Raether; sister-in-law, Durelle Puls, both of Seymour, and a special friend Clayton Hogan at Meadowood.
He was preceded in death by an infant brother, three brothers: Ralph (Ruth), Maynard (Mary) and Dallas (Hazel) Puls and one sister, Toby (Jim) Sutliff.
Friends may call at Emmanuel Lutheran church, Seymour on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 from 1 p.m. until the time of services at 3 p.m. with Pastor Steve Apfel officiating. Burial in the parish cemetery. Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com.
A special thank you to the entire staff of Meadowood and Heartland Hospice for all the wonderful care given to Mick. Also to good friends, Harold (Thelma) Tech and Don (Frieda) Feurig.
F, b. December 23, 1913, d. August 4, 1996
- Birth: Lucille Stritzel was born on December 23, 1913.
- Marriage: She and Roy Charles (Mick) Puls were married on March 22, 1941.
- Death: Lucille Stritzel died on August 4, 1996, at age 82.
Loneva A Puls
F, b. October 1, 1923, d. November 7, 2005
- Birth: Loneva A Puls was born on October 1, 1923 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 7, 2005, at age 82, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery, King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. October 18, 1911, d. January 7, 2002
Family: Ruth VonBerg (b. October 23, 1914, d. March 17, 2006)
- Birth: Ralph Puls was born on October 18, 1911 in Stephensville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ruth VonBerg were married on October 15, 1938 in Mosinee, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ralph Puls died on January 7, 2002, at age 90.
F, b. October 23, 1914, d. March 17, 2006
Family: Ralph Puls (b. October 18, 1911, d. January 7, 2002)
- Birth: Ruth VonBerg was born on October 23, 1914 in Mosinee, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Ralph Puls were married on October 15, 1938 in Mosinee, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ruth VonBerg died on March 17, 2006, at age 91.
- Note: Ruth M. Puls, 91, Seymour, passed away early Friday morning, March 17, 2006, at the Good Shepherd Nursing Home in Seymour. She was born Oct. 23, 1914, in Mosinee, daughter of the late Walter and Lottie (Webb) vonBerg. On Oct. 15, 1938, she was united in marriage to Ralph Puls in Mosinee. He preceded her in death Jan. 7, 2002. Ruth was a member of Emmanuel Lutheran Church in Seymour, where she was active in Concordia, past choir director of the Junior and Senior Choirs and taught Sunday school for many years. Ruth was a graduate of the Bellin School of Nursing in 1936. Following her retirement with her husband from the North Osborn Cheese Factory, Ruth enjoyed spending time at their cottage with her husband, Ralph, and brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Roy and Lucille. She was an avid fisherman and enjoyed the outdoors.
Survivors include her children, Sally (Tom) McCormick, New London; Mike (Linda) Puls, Madison; grandchildren, Shannon McCormick, Kelly (David) Newton, Casey (Matty) McCormick, Kirstin (Todd) Fiorentino, Jason (Carrie) Puls and Ben Puls; great-grandchildren, Clara and Jeb Newton, Alexandra Puls, Amanda and Alexis Fiorentino and William and Macy McCormick; brother-in-law, Roy Puls; and sisters-in-law, Vera Raether and Durelle Puls; special cousin, Harrison (Jean) Webb, Bellingham, Wash.
She was preceded in death by her sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, Dallas and Hazel Puls, Lucille, Puls, Maynard and Mary Puls, Harrison Raether and Toby and Jim Sutliff.
Friends may call at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Seymour, on Monday, March 20, 2006, from 3 p.m. until funeral services at 5 p.m. with Pastor Sarah Yotter officiating, burial in the parish cemetery. Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour, is assisting the family. A memorial fund has been established to Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
A special thank you to the staff of the Good Shepherd Nursing Home and Meadow Wood for all your special care and concern.
Maynard Carl Puls
M, b. July 25, 1918, d. June 13, 2002
Family 1: Mary Kerin (b. September 22, 1914, d. September 20, 1989)
- Birth: Maynard Carl Puls was born on July 25, 1918 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 13, 2002, at age 83.
F, b. September 22, 1914, d. September 20, 1989
- Birth: Mary Kerin was born on September 22, 1914 in New Zealand.
- Death: She died on September 20, 1989, at age 74.
M, b. May 30, 1906, d. October 6, 1990
- Birth: Dallas Puls was born on May 30, 1906 in Stephensville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Hazel Bertha Wussow were married on June 10, 1926 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dallas Puls died on October 6, 1990, at age 84, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Hazel Bertha Wussow
F, b. January 14, 1904, d. July 29, 1997
Family: Dallas Puls (b. May 30, 1906, d. October 6, 1990)
- Birth: Hazel Bertha Wussow was born on January 14, 1904 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Dallas Puls were married on June 10, 1926 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Hazel Bertha Wussow died on July 29, 1997, at age 93, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Vincent B VanRemortel
M, b. October 17, 1922, d. November 27, 2010
- Birth: Vincent B VanRemortel was born on October 17, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Janet Ambrose were married on August 17, 1953 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Vincent B VanRemortel died on November 27, 2010, at age 88, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Vincent B. VanRemortel, 88, De Pere, passed away Saturday, Nov. 27, 2010, at his home. The son of the late August and Cora (Fink) Van Remortel was born Oct. 17, 1922. Vince served his country in the U.S. Army during World War II from 1943 to 1946. Vince married Janet Ambrose on Aug. 17, 1953, at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in De Pere. He worked at Nicolet Paper Company in De Pere for many years, retiring in 1987. Vince was an avid Packer and De Pere Redbird fan, and enjoyed fishing up north. He had a legacy of service and faith to his church, St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, De Pere, where he was a lifelong member.
Vince enjoyed spending time with his family and friends. Vince is survived by his children, Joan (Daryl) Hutjens, Jim (Judy) VanRemortel, John (special friend, Judith) VanRemortel, all of De Pere; and Barb (Augustine) VanRemortel- Lopez, Alaska; grandchildren, Andrea (fiance, Scott) Hutjens, Nicole and Brad Hutjens, Katie and Joe VanRemortel, Eric and Andy VanRemortel; great-grandchildren, Brennan and Kaylee Hutjens; sister and brother, Laverne (Sis) Treml and Don (Mary Jane) VanRemortel. He is further survived by a sister-in-law, Marie VanRemortel; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, Doris Leiterman, Bob Ambrose, Betty Verheyen, Bonnie (Jack) Peters, Jackie (Ted) Zuelke, Judy (Pat) Sprangers, Holly Ambrose; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and friends.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Janet; parents, August and Cora; father and mother-in-law, Royal and Josephine Ambrose; sisters and brother, Viola (Anthony) Bangert, Victor VanRemortel, Della Wilson, Esther (Clarence) Gullickson, Doris (Clarence) Zegers and Ruby VanRemortel; as well as many brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Felix Treml, Ed Leiterman, Richard, Tom, Dan, and Buck Ambrose, Darlene (Louis) Kerkhoff, Elmer Verheyen; and nieces, nephews, and friends.
Family and friends may call at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 220 S. Michigan Street, De Pere, from 3 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2010. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 6 p.m. Thursday, at the Church with the Rev. John H. Harper officiating. Full military honors will follow the Mass. Interment in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, De Pere. Cotter Funeral Home, De Pere, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expresses at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The VanRemortel family would like to extend a special thank you to caregivers Karen, Maria and Aunt Betty, as well as St. Vincent Home Health and Unity Hospice for all their care and concern.