F, b. August 2, 1933, d. April 9, 2012
- Birth: Joan Smith was born on August 2, 1933 in West DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 9, 2012, at age 78.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Joan Rickaby, 78, Green Bay, died Monday, April 9, 2012, at a local nursing home. She was born August 2nd, 1933 to the late Louis and Antoinette (Thyssen) Smith in West DePere, Wisconsin.
She married James "Jim" Rickaby at St. Boniface Church in West DePere in 1952 and together they raised their five children, Jeffery, Jay, Judy, Jane, and Jon.
Very active in high school, Joan was the captain of the bowling team, baseball catcher for the Nicolet Phantoms, played piano and sang in the Glee Club. After high school she worked as Elevator Operator for H.C. Prange, a secretary for Dr. Kuehl, and while stationed in New York City with her husband Jim, she worked as a telephone operator for New York Bell. Upon returning to Green Bay, she was an excellent mother, homemaker, cook, baker and a solid role model for her children. She then worked for the Ashwaubenon School District before retirement. Through retirement, she remained active bowling, traveling and spending time with her family. She was a member of the Ashwaubenon Lioness Club, Chapter 9. Devoted to her husband of nearly 60 years, she remained faithful to God and her family as demonstrated by her commitment to treat others as she would treat herself. Joan was best known for her loving personality and selfless service to others.
Joan is survived by her husband James Rickaby; five children, Jeffery Rickaby (Cindy), Jay Rickaby (Patricia), Judy Hopman (fiance, Dion), Jane (Jeffery) Peters, and Jon (Amy) Rickaby. Brothers John (Ruth) Smith and Fabian Smith; sisters, Florence (Larry) Glodoski, Carol Bain, Janet Charles, Janice (Bill) Romenesko; 10 Grandchildren and 3 Great-Grandchildren.
Joan is preceded by parents, Louis and Antoinette Smith; brothers Bartholomew Smith, Neil Smith; sisters Elsie Kazik, Dorothy Vogels, Mary Ann Jensen, and Rose Mary DeRuyter.
A gathering of family and friends will take place after 3:00 p.m. Friday, April 13, 2012, at Ss. Edward & Isidore Catholic Church, 3667 Flintville Rd., Flintville, where a Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 5:00 p.m. with the Rev. Dave Kasperek officiating. Entombment in Allouez Chapel Mausoleum. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
We would like to express our thanks to the staff of Manor Care West for the care and concern that was given to Joan. A special thanks to Carol Mueller, Unity Hospice, and the St. Mary's ICU.
"Take heart, I have overcome the world" John 16:33
Lyndahl Funeral Home
And Cremation Services
1350 Lombardi Avenue
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on April 11, 2012.
Family: Joan Smith (b. August 2, 1933, d. April 9, 2012)
Fabian Ambrose Smith
M, b. October 28, 1929, d. July 14, 2017
- Birth: Fabian Ambrose Smith was born on October 28, 1929 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lorna R Lawrenz were married on November 4, 1950 in Morrison, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Fabian Ambrose Smith died on July 14, 2017, at age 87.
- Note: Fabian A. Smith, 87, De Pere, passed away peacefully surrounded by his family on Friday afternoon July 14, 2017. He was born October 28, 1929 in De Pere to the late Louis and Antoinette (Thyssen) Smith. On November 4, 1950 he was united in marriage to Lorna Lawrenz at Zion Lutheran Church, Morrison. Following in his father's footsteps he became a third generation plastering contractor and enjoyed a successful business for over 40 years. After his retirement Fabian and Lorna spent much of their free time volunteering at De Pere Christian Out Reach where they made many friends. Fabian also enjoyed fishing, hunting, and bowling with his brother Johnny. Watching his grandchildren play sports was his favorite pastime. Fabian was preceded in death by his wife Lorna on April 25, 2003. Also preceded by brothers; Bartholomew and Neil; sisters; Elsie Kazik, Dorothy Vogels, Mary Ann Jensen, Rose Mary De Ruyter, Janice Romenesko, and Joan Rickaby. He is survived by his children; Debra (John) Garsow, Three Lakes; Julie (Blaine) Anderson, De Pere; Nancy Thomson, De Pere; Lawrence (Kim) Smith , Pound; as well as his grandchildren whom he loved dearly; Daniel (Missie) Novoselatz, Jeremy (Michelle) Novoselatz, Matthew (Cathy) Novoselatz, John (Margaret) Garsow, Cody Garsow, Krista (Kari) Hannula, Tara (Michael) Brown, Jennifer (Adam) Aleknavicius, Jeana (Chad) Fuss, Nathan (Jenn) Thomson, Laura (Joe) Kreinus, Kendall (Ryan) Johnson, Kyle (Tasha) Smith. Fabian is further survived by 22 great grandchildren. His siblings also surviving him; one brother John (Ruth) Smith; sisters Florence Glodoski, Carol Bain, Janet Charles, one brother in law; Jim Rickaby also survived by Lorna's family Alice Uecker, Karen (John) Heyn, and numerous nieces and nephews and special friends, Jean VandeWalle and her family.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 n. Tenth Street, De Pere after 4:00PM Tuesday July 18, 2017. A service for Fabian will be held at 6:30PM with Pastor Steve Apfel officiating. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
Special thanks to the caring staff at Woodside Lutheran Home, as well as Pastor Steve Apfel for all their care and concern shown to Fabian.
Dad we will never forget you, your pots of chili, the Snickers drawer, and all the hugs and kisses. We will love you always!
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on July 16, 2017.
John Edward Smith
M, b. circa 1875
- Birth: Herman Francken was born circa 1875.
Esther Marie Dashner
F, b. December 13, 1902, d. June 14, 1947
- Birth: Esther Marie Dashner was born on December 13, 1902 in Norway, Dickinson Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died on June 14, 1947, at age 44, in San Francisco, California.
Dora Amelia Pieper
F, b. November 24, 1895, d. February 6, 1990
- Birth: Dora Amelia Pieper was born on November 24, 1895 in Bear Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roy Earl Jorgenson were married on April 23, 1914 in Bear Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dora Amelia Pieper died on February 6, 1990, at age 94, in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
Bernard William Hermans
M, b. July 9, 1912, d. February 8, 1931
- Birth: Bernard William Hermans was born on July 9, 1912 in Wausaukee, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 8, 1931, at age 18, in West DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1917, d. December 20, 1918
- Birth: Carl Hermans was born circa 1917 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 20, 1918 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. 1898
- Birth: Joseph Santy was born in 1898.
- Marriage: He and Rose May Hurkman were married on May 26, 1921 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
M, b. June 5, 1960, d. June 5, 1960
- Birth: Joseph Mahlik was born on June 5, 1960 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 5, 1960, at age 0, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Bruce Laurence Mahlik