Bruce Allen Bushman
M, b. April 15, 1959, d. March 3, 2016
- Birth: Bruce Allen Bushman was born on April 15, 1959 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Carol Mae Compton were married on July 24, 1982 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Bruce Allen Bushman died on March 3, 2016, at age 56.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bruce A. Bushman, age 56, of Navarino, passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, March 3, 2016. He was born on April 15, 1959 in Appleton to the late John and Bernice Bushman. Bruce was employed with Miller Electric for 38 years and volunteered 14 years of his time to the Navarino-Lessor Fire Department and EMS. He thoroughly enjoyed hunting, being up north and time with his grandson. He was very well known for helping others.
Bruce will be sadly missed by his wife of 33 years, Carol, children: Timothy (Jennifer) Lemke of Neenah; Kristin Bushman of Green Bay; Jonathan (Jamie) Bushman of Wauwatosa, brothers: David and Jerry Bushman, sisters Rosie, Linda, Susan, Bonnie and Janet, and one handsome grandson Dane as well as other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A gathering to celebrate Bruce's life will be held at Wichmann Funeral Homes, Tri County Location on Monday, March 7, 2016 from 10:30am to 1:30pm. There will be a brief service at 1:30pm at the funeral home. Burial will take place at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton.
The gathering will resume at 5:00pm at the Navarino-Lessor Fire Department, Hwy 156 in Navarino.
For more information and to express condolences, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to thank Miller Electric for all their support, especially Bruce's buddies Rick and Terry. A very special thanks to the Navarino-Lessor Fire Department and EMS.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 6, 2016.
Carol Mae Compton
F, b. May 12, 1956, d. October 14, 2016
- Birth: Carol Mae Compton was born on May 12, 1956 in Omro, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Bruce Allen Bushman were married on July 24, 1982 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Carol Mae Compton died on October 14, 2016, at age 60.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Carol M. Bushman, age 60 of Navarino passed away on Friday October 14, 2016. She was born on May 12, 1956 in Omro to Alice Craig (Young). Carol enjoyed traveling, spending time with her grandson, listening to Bon Jovi, making floral arrangements and gardening.
She will be sadly missed by her children: Timothy Lemke of Navarino; Kristin Bushman of Green Bay; Jonathan (Jamie) Bushman of Wauwatosa, her mother Alice, one sister Peggy; five brothers: Gordon, Donald, Douglas, Steven and Leonard, one handsome grandson Dane and one granddaughter arriving soon as well as other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband Bruce.
A gathering to celebrate Carol's life will be at the Wichmann Funeral Homes, Tri-County location on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 from 11:00am to 1:00pm. Funeral Services will be held on Tuesday at the funeral home at 1:00pm. Burial will be at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton. For more information and to express condolences, please visit www.wichmannfuneralhomes.com.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Sarah Driscoll, Stacy Schoenick and Bonnie Wittman for their help and devotion in caring for Carol in her final weeks.
F, b. September 9, 1899, d. December 28, 1942
- Father: John Hameister (b. June 9, 1865, d. September 11, 1942)
- Mother: Emilie Ferg (b. January 25, 1874, d. October 31, 1938)
- Birth: Hulda Hameister was born on September 9, 1899 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 28, 1942, at age 43.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Emogene M Schroeder
F, b. February 4, 1931, d. October 15, 2015
- Birth: Emogene M Schroeder was born on February 4, 1931.
- Marriage: She and James Clement Bushman were married on September 15, 1951 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Emogene M Schroeder died on October 15, 2015, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Resthaven Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bushman, Emogene M.
Emogene Bushman, age 84, passed away early Thursday morning, October 15, 2015, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. Emogene was born in Tustin on February 4, 1931, daughter of the late John and Anita (Bartel) Schroeder. She attended school through the ninth grade, and later received training to become a Licensed Practical Nurse. For over thirty-seven years, she cared for patients at Theda Clark Hospital, retiring in 1993. On September 15, 1951, she married James Bushman, and the couple has shared sixty-four wonderful years together. Though they never had children, they loved spending time with each other, their many nieces and nephews, fishing at the cottage near Crandon, and visiting the casino. Emogene also enjoyed crocheting, reading, and playing cards.
She is survived by her loving husband: Jim Bushman of Neenah; a brother: Ray (Jan) Schroeder of Menasha; a sister: Donna Rohr of Menasha; and several in-laws: Donald (Harriet) Bushman of Menasha, Clem Bushman of California, Virginia Hoerning of Appleton, Kathryn Johnson of Canada, Marie Bushman of Appleton, and Carol Bushman of Appleton. Emogene has six Godchildren: Rose Ann Bushman, Steven Bushman, Roger Hoerning, Michael Bushman, Peggy Sue (Schroeder) Buhr, and Margaret Rohr. She is also survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and many friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, as well as many in-laws: Eugene Bushman, Sylvester Bushman, Joseph Bushman, and John (Bernice) Bushman, Monica Vander Velden, Mary Ann (Ray) LaChapelle, Richard Rohr, Russell Hoerning, and Molly Bushman.
The Christian Funeral Service for Emogene will be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at the Wichmann Funeral Home, Laemmrich Chapel, 312 Milwaukee Street in Menasha. Rev. Tom Barthel of Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church in Neenah will officiate, and burial will be in Resthaven Memorial Park, Neenah. Friends and relatives are invited to gather at the funeral home on Sunday from 12:00 noon until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established at Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church in Neenah.
For more information, or to share a memory of Emogene, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
F, b. November 13, 1918, d. August 3, 2006
- Birth: Elna Uhlenbrauck was born on November 13, 1918 in Town of Center, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gilbert Wendt were married on November 16, 1940.
- Death: Elna Uhlenbrauck died on August 3, 2006, at age 87.
M, b. November 6, 1943, d. September 6, 2010
- Birth: Jack Wendt was born on November 6, 1943 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 6, 2010, at age 66.
- Note: Jack Wendt, 66, Appleton, passed away Monday, Sept. 6, 2010, after a courageous two-year battle with cancer. He was born Nov. 6, 1943, in Appleton, to Gilbert and Elna (Uhlenbrauck) Wendt. Jack taught at Freedom High School until retiring in 2007.
He is survived by his father, Gilbert, Appleton; brother, Mark (Michelle Williams) Wendt, Fort Wayne, Ind.; a daughter, Tami (Allen) Pickett, Lancaster, Ky.; a son, Thomas (Linda) Wendt, Berea, Ky.; four grandchildren, Sarah (Zack) Short, Natasha Johnson, Joanna and Connlee Pickett. He is further survived by other relatives and dear friends, Paul (Leanne) Line, Paul (Fonda) Larson and Pete Pfundtner.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Elna.
Funeral services for Jack will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, at the funeral home with the Rev. Judy Deckert officiating. Friends may visit the family Wednesday evening from 5 to 8 p.m. and again Thursday from 10 to 11 a.m.
The family wishes to thank the staffs of the Martha Siekman Center and Cherry Meadows for their loving and exceptional care of Jack and his family.
2211 N. Richmond St.
Appleton, WI 54911
"Serving as would be
M, b. October 16, 1908, d. February 5, 1994
- Birth: Richard Kitzman was born on October 16, 1908.
- Death: He died on February 5, 1994, at age 85.
F, b. May 3, 1914, d. March 1987
- Birth: Emma Swenson was born on May 3, 1914.
- Death: She died in March 1987, at age 72.
M, b. circa 1894
- Birth: William Hacker was born circa 1894.
- Marriage: He and Pearl Edith Norton were married on April 13, 1914.
Pearl Edith Norton
F, b. August 2, 1894, d. July 31, 1977
- Birth: Pearl Edith Norton was born on August 2, 1894 in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William Hacker were married on April 13, 1914.
- Death: Pearl Edith Norton died on July 31, 1977, at age 82, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. April 13, 1866, d. July 3, 1928
- Birth: Calvin Norton was born on April 13, 1866.
- Marriage: He and Sarah Ann Mills were married on January 14, 1891.
- Death: Calvin Norton died on July 3, 1928, at age 62, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
Sarah Ann Mills
F, b. May 15, 1855, d. December 1, 1901
Family 1: Patrick Harvey (b. March 17, 1852, d. January 2, 1935)
- John Harvey (b. March 14, 1873, d. June 28, 1952)
- Mary Harvey (b. August 1, 1875, d. April 12, 1955)
- Frank Harvey (b. October 14, 1877, d. September 17, 1958)
- Josephine Harvey (b. May 11, 1879, d. July 3, 1879)
- Mildred Harvey (b. November 27, 1881)
- Johanna Harvey (b. February 11, 1884, d. November 9, 1917)
- Birth: Sarah Ann Mills was born on May 15, 1855 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Patrick Harvey were married on April 14, 1872 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Sarah Ann Mills and Calvin Norton were married on January 14, 1891.
- Death: Sarah Ann Mills died on December 1, 1901, at age 46, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 12, 1826, d. September 28, 1904
- Birth: James Norton was born on July 12, 1826 in New York.
- Death: He died on September 28, 1904, at age 78, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
Phoebe Ann Robbins
F, b. August 27, 1829, d. November 8, 1906
Family: James Norton (b. July 12, 1826, d. September 28, 1904)
- Birth: Phoebe Ann Robbins was born on August 27, 1829 in New York.
- Death: She died on November 8, 1906, at age 77, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 25, 1832, d. May 12, 1909
Family: Sarah Bedelia Wilks (b. January 1832, d. February 15, 1911)
- Martha Elizabeth Mills (b. September 12, 1851, d. March 25, 1933)
- Sarah Ann Mills (b. May 15, 1855, d. December 1, 1901)
- Polly Ann Mills (b. August 19, 1857, d. February 12, 1938)
- Charles Mills (b. May 1860)
- Nellie Ellen Mills (b. April 28, 1862, d. March 2, 1932)
- Mary B Mills (b. June 18, 1864, d. May 8, 1933)
- John Mills (b. August 18, 1867, d. August 18, 1867)
- William Mills (b. 1869)
- George Franklin Mills (b. October 1870)
- James Frederick Mills (b. 1874)
- Harriet Mills (b. 1875)
- Frances Mills (b. September 1, 1877, d. February 18, 1936)
- Edward W Mills (b. February 1881)
- Birth: John Mills was born on May 25, 1832 in Urbana, Steuben Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Sarah Bedelia Wilks were married on September 12, 1851.
- Death: John Mills died on May 12, 1909, at age 76, in Kooskia, Idaho Co, Idaho.
- Note: John Mills, Shawano, Wis. and a member of G. A. R. Post No. 81, was born May 25, 1833 in Steuben Co, New York, and his parents Philo and Polly Emory were members of families of long standing in the Empire State. His father died when he was three years old and his mother, who is still living, ages 77 years has always been his special care and is a member of his family. He was married in the state of New York to Sally B. Wilks, and nine of their children are living, named Elizabeth, Annie, Polly, George, Fred, Fanny, Eddie, Nellie, and Mary. Charley, John, Will, and Hattie are diseased: the last two named died of diphtheria and were buried in the same coffin.
Mr. Mills came to Wisconsin in 1853 and in 1856 located at Shawano, where he enlisted in August 1864 in Company D, 42nd Wisconsin Infantry, in January of 1865 he was taken sick and was sent to the hospital at Cairo and was ill with chronic diarrhea and was discharged from the command. On his return to Wisconsin he rejoined his family at Shawano, which has since been his place of residence. He is a farmer of substantial type and, although he has been a constant sufferer from the disease he contracted in the army, he has preserved his genial nature and is known and respected for perseverance he has displayed throughout his difficulties. His success and prosperity ranks fairly with that of strong and able men, and accords to his wife the credit, of what he has accomplished. Mr. Mills is a Republican and votes in every way as he shall.