Alice B VanDeHei
F, b. January 7, 1911, d. September 1, 2010
- Birth: Alice B VanDeHei was born on January 7, 1911 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Francis Puyleart were married on September 22, 1931.
- Death: Alice B VanDeHei died on September 1, 2010, at age 99.
- Note: Alice B. (Van De Hei) Puyleart, 99, Denmark, passed away peacefully, Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010.
She was born Jan. 7, 1911, in Green Bay, to the late Cornelius and Sara (Vogel) Van De Hei.
On Sept. 22, 1931, she married Joseph Puyleart, they celebrated 53 years together before Joe passed away on Sept. 10, 1984.
They spent most of there lives raising their two sons and farming in the Denmark area.
Survivors include her two sons, Milton (Sarah) Puyleart, Pulaski; and Cletus (Nancy) Puyleart, Denmark; grandchildren, Leroy Puyleart, Jackie Puyleart, Cheryl Markvart, Jeff (Tina) Puyleart, Tim Puyleart, and Andy (Katy) Puyleart; 13 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandson; sister-in-law, Helen Van De Hei; and many other relatives and friends.
Alice was preceded in death by her husband, Joe; her parents; three brothers; and two sisters.
Family and friends may call Friday, Sept. 3, 2010, at All Saints Catholic Church, 145 St. Claude St., Denmark, from 9 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at the church on Friday at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Ron Colombo officiating. Burial will be in All Saints Catholic Church Cemetery. Cotter Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed to Alice's family at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
The family would like to thank the 1st Floor Nurses at Aurora BayCare medical Center, the Aurora hospice nurses, and Dr. Rosich.
Joseph Francis Puyleart
M, b. August 11, 1913, d. September 10, 1984
- Birth: Joseph Francis Puyleart was born on August 11, 1913 in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Alice B VanDeHei were married on September 22, 1931.
- Death: Joseph Francis Puyleart died on September 10, 1984, at age 71, in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 28, 1933, d. November 19, 2014
- Birth: Milton Puyleart was born on August 28, 1933 in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married in 1956 in Humboldt, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 19, 2014, at age 81.
- Note: Milton Puyleart, 81, longtime Pulaski resident, died Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2014. He was born August 28, 1933, in Denmark to Joseph and Alice (Van De Hei) Puyleart.
Milton served in the U.S. Army from 1953 to 1955 in Korea and Guam. He married Sara Adrians in Humboldt, WI in 1956. Milton ran his own farm in his younger years and was employed by Alwin Manufacturing until his retirement. He enjoyed playing Sheepshead and watching old country western shows.
Milton is survived by his son, LeRoy Puyleart; his brother, Cletus (Nancy) Puyleart; two nieces and five nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Sara in 1992, and seven brothers-in-law.
Friends may call at Assumption B.V.M. Catholic Church, 124 E. Pulaski St., Pulaski, from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church with Rev. Jim Esser, O.F.M. officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to staff of Golden Living Center and the Nursing Staff of 1 South at Bellin Hospital.
Cletus E Puyleart
Max William Mahn
M, b. May 6, 1883, d. April 13, 1945
- Roy F Mahn (b. November 6, 1906, d. May 19, 1970)
- Norman Arthur Mahn (b. March 7, 1909, d. October 30, 1997)
- Florence Mahn (b. May 21, 1911, d. June 7, 1980)
- Ruth Mahn (b. March 27, 1913, d. October 13, 1969)
- Lucille Lydia Mahn (b. January 30, 1916, d. January 19, 1980)
- Harvey A Mahn (b. March 14, 1918, d. October 17, 1993)
- Jane Ella Mahn (b. February 26, 1921, d. October 14, 1974)
- Dorothia A Mahn (b. July 10, 1923, d. June 19, 2001)
- Lois B Mahn (b. March 22, 1931, d. March 31, 2011)
- Birth: Max William Mahn was born on May 6, 1883 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ida Wilhelmina Bertha Heise were married on July 25, 1906 in Lincoln County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Max William Mahn died on April 13, 1945, at age 61.
- Burial: He was buried in Trinity Ev. Lutheran Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Uno Maurits Werner
M, b. December 12, 1888, d. April 8, 1959
- Birth: Uno Maurits Werner was born on December 12, 1888 in Marquette, Marquette Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on April 8, 1959, at age 70, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Note: Former Appleton Businessman Dies
Uno M. Werner, 70, of 1029 Brighton Drive, Menasha, died at home Wednesday. He was an Appleton businessman for 22 years, and lived in Menasha for the last seven years.
He was born Dec. 12, 1888, in Marquette, Mich.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the Brettschneider Funeral home, with the Rev. Robert c. Jackson, of St. Timothy church, Menasha, in charge. Burial will be in Riverside cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 p.m. today until services.
He is survived by his widow; one daughter, Mrs. Herbert Meyer, Menasha; one son, Richard, Appleton; two sisters, Mrs. Walter Alhquist, Milwaukee, Mrs. Edward Krause, Miami, Fla.; two brothers, Rudolph, Appleton, and Walter, Neenah; and six grandchildren.
F, b. January 6, 1894, d. May 6, 1983
- Birth: Rose Adrians was born on January 6, 1894 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 6, 1983, at age 89, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Johann Friedrich Berg
M, b. November 28, 1801, d. October 16, 1876
- Anna Marie Elizabeth Berg (b. February 18, 1833, d. October 3, 1919)
- Johann Heinrich Christian Berg (b. September 28, 1835, d. April 30, 1919)
- Mary Ann Margaret Berg (b. July 31, 1837, d. April 22, 1902)
- Johan Heinrich Carl Berg (b. July 8, 1839, d. August 28, 1899)
- Dorothea Maria Elizabeth Berg (b. October 3, 1841, d. November 9, 1929)
- Heinrich Joachim Christian Berg (b. October 17, 1842, d. March 19, 1904)
- Fred Peter Joachim Berg (b. January 6, 1846, d. February 9, 1909)
- Birth: Johann Friedrich Berg was born on November 28, 1801 in Gressow, Mecklenburg, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Anna Elisabeth Wulf were married on January 10, 1832 in Grevesmuhlen, Schwerin, Mecklenburg, Germany.
- Marriage: Johann Friedrich Berg and Heinricke Matz were married on March 2, 1855.
- Death: Johann Friedrich Berg died on October 16, 1876, at age 74, in Aurora, Kane Co, Illinois.
Keith E Jandahl
Kathleen Jean Carson
Clayton Ellis Carson
M, b. January 28, 1924, d. June 14, 2005
- Birth: Clayton Ellis Carson was born on January 28, 1924 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Jean Hanson were married on July 11, 1948 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Clayton Ellis Carson died on June 14, 2005, at age 81, in Aberdeen, Brown Co, South Dakota.
- Note: Clayton Ellis Carson, 81, Aberdeen and formerly of Langford , died Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at Avera St. Luke's Hospital , Aberdeen.
Funeral services were held Monday, June 20, at Zion Luthera n Church, Aberdeen.
Burial was held at Highlanda Lutheran Cemetery, rural Langf ord. Schriver's Memorial Mortuary & Crematory, Aberdeen, wa s in charge of arrangements.
Clayton Ellis Carson was born January 28, 1924, to Ellis D . and Florence M. (Foote) Carson near Langford on the famil y farm. He attended Langford public school and graduated fr om Langford High School in 1942. He farmed with his fathe r on the family farm for a few years.
In 1946 Clayton purchased the Tobin Gas Service and Bulk St ation in Langford, which later became known as Carson Oil C ompany.
He married Lucille Jean Hanson July 11, 1948, at the Highla nda Lutheran Church near Langford. Clayton continued ownin g and operating the Carson Oil Company for many years. In 1 965 they moved to Aberdeen.
Clayton was a lifetime member of the Langford Mason Tinta L odge #116 AF&AM. He was a member and past president of th e Langford School Board and was serving as president of th e school board when the rural township schools merged wit h the Langford School District.
Clayton enjoyed woodworking, gardening, and going to the fa mily cabin at Clear Lake during the summer.
Survivors include his wife of Aberdeen; two sons, Keith (Jo ey) Carson, Littleton, CO, and John (Dianne) Carson, Custer ; two daughters, Kathy Jandahl, Burnsville, MN, and Judy Ca rson, Aberdeen; one brother, Duane (Dorothy) Carson, San Di ego, CA; one sister, Fern Wigdahl, Britton; four grandchild ren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one brother.
Pallbearers were James Widgahl, Robert Wigdahl, Larry Carso n, Kevin Carson, Bryan Hopf, and Dick Gohn. Honorary pallbe arers were his 2:30 p.m. coffee buddies.
- Note: Clayton Carson
My Great Grandpa on My Mom's Side
Clayton Carson was born on January 28, 1924 and was raised on a farm east of langford, SD.
He attended school in langford (elementary through high school) and graduated in 1942. After
he graduated he farmed with his dad, Ellis Carson, for four years. In 1946, he purchased the
Tobin gas service and bulk station in Langford which became known as Carson Oil Company. In
1948, he married Lucille Hanson, an elementary school teacher from Britton, SO. They lived in
langford until the family moved to Aberdeen, SO in 1965. He sold the Oil Company in 1967, but
the family still has a lot of memorabilia from it. Two partners and Clayton purchased a business
called Reinhard Auto Wholesale Store in Aberdeen. In 1970, Clayton started a business called
Quad State Equipment Company selling oxygen and propane cutting equipment over areas near
the state of SO. Since it turned out that he was traveling to many states and Canada selling his
equipment at state and county fairs along with farm shows, he changed the name to All State
Equipment Company. Clayton and lucille drove all over the country including Alaska selling his
equipment. He had four children, John, Judy, Keith, and Kathy. Kathy, John and Keith got
married. Kathy married Keith Jandahl; Keith married Joey Lupient; and John got married to
Diana Sudquist, but only Kathy and John had kids. Kathy had Brian and Stacy, while John had
Claire and Katherine. Clayton was a kind man who cared for his grandchildren and greatgrandchildren
making toys for them on many occasions. Clayton Carson died in 2005 at the age
AStory about Clayton
Clayton's family entertainment was driving 75 miles to the family cabin at Clear lake,
which was in the northeast corner of South Dakota. The cabin was established in 1959 when
Ellis Carson moved it from langford to the lake. The family drove to the lake every weekend in
the summer. They would spend their time swimming, boating, and water skiing. My mom,
Stacy Jandahl Mara, remembers catching baby ducklings, and trying to keep them in the boats
as pets. But her grandpa, Clayton Carson, was not very happy about that and made her return
them to their real home in the lake. She also remembers her grandpa driving the boat while
her uncles would ski behind it on a six foot round saucer-like disc. One of the most interesting
parts about the family cabin was that, even in the 1970s, it did not have indoor plumbing or a
bathroom. So the entire family had to use an old fashioned out-house. When my mom was
seven she was too scared to go outside at night so she went to the bathroom in the kitchen in a
steel pail. Many of my mom's favorite childhood memories took place at the lake.
Carson Mara, 2010.
Lucille Jean Hanson
F, b. January 18, 1929, d. June 26, 2007
- Birth: Lucille Jean Hanson was born on January 18, 1929 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Marriage: She and Clayton Ellis Carson were married on July 11, 1948 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Lucille Jean Hanson died on June 26, 2007, at age 78, in Sioux Falls, Minnehaha Co, South Dakota.
- Note: The funeral service for Lucille Jean Carson, 78, Aberdeen , was held Friday, June 29, at Zion Lutheran Church, Aberde en.
Burial was at Highlanda Lutheran
Cemetery, Langford. Schriver's Memorial Mortuary & Cremator y, Aberdeen, was in charge of arrangements.
She died Tuesday, June 26, 2007, at Avera St. Luke's Hospit al.
Lucille Jean Hanson was born January 18, 1929, to Joseph an d Emma (Waage) Hanson, Langford, where she was raised. Sh e graduated from Langford High School in 1946 and from Nort hern State Teachers College in 1947. She taught elementar y school in Andover.
Lucille married Clayton Ellis Carson July 11, 1948, at High landa Lutheran Church, Langford, where she was also baptize d and confirmed. They moved to Aberdeen in 1965. Clayton di ed in June of 2005 and Lucille has continued to reside in A berdeen.
Lucille was a member of the Highlanda Ladies Aide, Sons o f Norway, Marco Extension Club, Card Club, and the Jaycette s. She enjoyed family gatherings and was always active in f amily reunions.
Survivors include four children, Kathy Jandahl, Burnsville , MN; Keith (Joey) Carson, Littleton, CO; John (Diana) Cars on, Custer; and Judy Carson, Aberdeen; four grandchildren , five great-grandchildren; and one sister, Barbara (Art) S peck, Minnetonka, MN.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
M, b. January 19, 1898, d. March 1968
- Birth: Joseph Hanson was born on January 19, 1898 in Valley Springs, Minnehaha Co, South Dakota.
- Marriage: He and Emma Marianne Waage were married on December 19, 1925 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Joseph Hanson died in March 1968, at age 70, in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
Emma Marianne Waage
F, b. August 6, 1905, d. November 1, 1993
- Birth: Emma Marianne Waage was born on August 6, 1905 in Norway.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Hanson were married on December 19, 1925 in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Emma Marianne Waage died on November 1, 1993, at age 88, in Langford, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
M, b. March 30, 1907, d. March 14, 1983
- Birth: Edwin Jandahl was born on March 30, 1907.
- Death: He died on March 14, 1983, at age 75, in Britton, Marshall Co, South Dakota.
Florence Della Augusta Otto
F, b. January 19, 1910, d. March 1972
- Birth: Florence Della Augusta Otto was born on January 19, 1910 in South Dakota.
- Death: She died in March 1972, at age 62, in Bismarck, Burleigh Co, North Dakota.
Mary Sue Schwanke
M, b. May 1, 1837, d. December 8, 1914
Family: Johanna Fox (b. 1842, d. April 12, 1911)
- Johanna F Flatley (b. January 10, 1870, d. August 31, 1916)
- Helena Nellie Flatley (b. August 20, 1871, d. October 4, 1897)
- Andrew Flatley (b. January 23, 1873, d. July 29, 1952)
- Mary Ann Flatley (b. August 29, 1875, d. November 20, 1951)
- Margaret Irene Flatley (b. 1879, d. 1931)
- Agnes Flatley (b. March 24, 1879, d. February 7, 1897)
- Birth: Hugh Flatley was born on May 1, 1837 in County Galway, Ireland.
- Marriage: He and Johanna Fox were married on January 11, 1868.
- Death: Hugh Flatley died on December 8, 1914, at age 77, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
M, b. March 4, 1865, d. December 20, 1894
- Birth: Patrick Finnegan was born on March 4, 1865 in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 20, 1894, at age 29.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.