Metta Arendina Anemaat
F, b. circa 1810
- Birth: Metta Arendina Anemaat was born circa 1810.
James Paul VanRoy
M, b. January 25, 1866, d. August 15, 1944
- Birth: James Paul VanRoy was born on January 25, 1866.
- Baptism: He was baptized on January 25, 1866 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 15, 1944, at age 78.
- Burial: He was buried in St Paul Cemetery, Wrightstown, Wisconsin.
Gary W Berg
M, b. September 2, 1942, d. June 11, 1981
- Birth: Gary W Berg was born on September 2, 1942 in Wisconsin Rapids, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Patricia E Hein were married in 1980.
- Death: Gary W Berg died on June 11, 1981, at age 38.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Jonathan Mark Dexter
Chester S Osness
M, b. August 18, 1891, d. May 9, 1947
- Birth: Chester S Osness was born on August 18, 1891 in South Dakota.
- Marriage: He and Josephine Johanna Waage were married on June 15, 1920 in Aberdeen, Brown Co, South Dakota.
- Death: Chester S Osness died on May 9, 1947, at age 55, in Hennepin County, Minnesota.
Daniel James Dexter
Jeffrey H Birling
Daniel John Birling
Shirley F Sergent
F, b. August 26, 1944, d. August 28, 2015
- Birth: Shirley F Sergent was born on August 26, 1944 in Ohio.
- Marriage: She and David Alphonse Koerner were married.
- Death: Shirley F Sergent died on August 28, 2015, at age 71.
- Note: Shirley F. Birling, age 71, of Pine River, Wisconsin passed away unexpectedly on Friday morning, August 28, 2015. She was born on August 26, 1944 in Jamestown, Ohio, daughter of the late Lorice and Darlene (Haney) Sergent. After graduating from Marysville High School, Shirley proudly joined the United States Marine Corps. After serving her country, she worked at several beauty salons, eventually taking a job with Neenah Paper Co., from which she retired. Shirley married her best friend and buddy, Joseph Birling, on May 7, 1993, and the couple lovingly brought their families together. She loved her gardens, trips to the casino, hunting, and all the time she spent with her beloved grandchildren. Her friendly, caring soul, and her smile will be greatly missed by her family and many friends.
She is survived by her husband, Joe; her sons: Donald (fiancée Jessica) Koerner, Norway, MI, David (Susan) Koerner, Neenah, Daniel (fiancée Leanne) Koerner, Valrico, FL; step-children: Stacie (Tim) Lefeber, Neenah, Blake (Anne) Birling, Neenah; 23 grandchildren; 18 great grandchildren; brothers: Lee (Dawn) Sergent, Drexel (Linda) Sergent, sisters-in-law: Carol Birling, Janet Hall; many nieces, nephews, and friends. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, David Koerner; great granddaughter, Addison Rochon; brothers-in-law: Harold Birling, Ron Hall, and Ray Blake.
A Public Visitation for Shirley will be held on Monday, August 31, 2015 from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home. Full Military Honors will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. and will be performed by members of the United States Marine Corps, and the Neenah/Menasha Veterans Honor Guard. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established in Shirley's name.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
M, b. May 22, 1935, d. July 18, 2004
- Birth: James DuFord was born on May 22, 1935 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 18, 2004, at age 69.
Laurel Lee Hockers
F, b. September 7, 1938, d. July 1, 2011
- Birth: Laurel Lee Hockers was born on September 7, 1938 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Mencheski were married on May 9, 1959.
- Death: Laurel Lee Hockers died on July 1, 2011, at age 72.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Laurel Lee "Wow" Mencheski, 72, De Pere, passed away Friday, July 1, 2011. She was born Sept. 7, 1938, in Green Bay, daughter of Richard and Lavonne Hockers. On May 9, 1959, Laurel Lee Hockers married Robert M. "Bob" Mencheski at St. Mary Catholic Church, De Pere. Bob died Aug. 2, 2008.
She was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church, Glenmore, and was active in the church choir. Laurel loved music and was a self-taught pianist and guitar player. She enjoyed writing songs and poetry, and was in the process of making CDs for family and friends. She was an avid collector of Elvis memorabilia. She had been a state representative of the Buck Owens Fan Club. Laurel also loved her flower garden and cherished her cat, Dudley.
Laurel had a great passion for life. You could measure it with that Megawatt smile and the sparkle in her eye. She had a great sense of humor and made people laugh, as well as making them feel special. People walked away feeling good after being in her presence
Laurel is survived by children, Carol, Cheryl and Jeffrey Mencheski, all De Pere; her mother, Lavonne Hockers, Green Bay; a brother, Randy Hockers, Green Bay; brothers-in-law, Hank (Pat) Mencheski and Wayne Mencheski; and sister-in-law, Dorothy Mencheski.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Bob; her father, Dick Hockers; a brother, Daniel Hockers; brothers-in-law, Gene Mencheski and Donald Mencheski; and sister-in-law, Mary Mencheski.
Friends may call at St. Mary Catholic Community, Pope John XXIII Circle at Sportsman Drive, Ledgeview, on Wednesday, July 6, 2011, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at the church on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. with Fr. Patrick Beno officiating. Entombment in the Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Cotter Funeral Home, De Pere, is assisting the Mencheski family with arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from July 4 to July 5, 2011.
Daniel R Hockers
M, b. 1943, d. October 29, 1961
- Birth: Daniel R Hockers was born in 1943.
- Death: He died on October 29, 1961, at age ~18.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 17, 1935, d. August 2, 2008
- Birth: Robert Mencheski was born on May 17, 1935.
- Marriage: He and Laurel Lee Hockers were married on May 9, 1959.
- Death: Robert Mencheski died on August 2, 2008, at age 73.
Werner John Derfus
M, b. November 19, 1915, d. February 22, 2004
- Birth: Werner John Derfus was born on November 19, 1915 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Alice L Goettlicher were married on May 18, 1946 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Werner John Derfus died on February 22, 2004, at age 88, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Derfus, Werner J.
Passed away at home on Sunday February 22, 2004. He was born on November 19, 1915 to the late Michael and Susan (Kees) Derfus in Hilbert, WI. Werner served his country in World War II as Staff Sergeant with the U.S. Infantry in the European Theatre. He was a member of the American Legion Post #33, Neenah, the Catholic Knights Branch 56 Neenah-Menasha, and St. Margaret Mary Church, Neenah. He was retired from the Neenah Joint School District. Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Alice; two sons: Terry (Susan) Derfus, Menasha; Craig Derfus, Menasha; a daughter, Patricia (Don) Schmidt, La Crosse; five grandchildren: Dawn Derfus and fiance, Dan Gaab, Appleton; Jason Derfus, Dallas, TX; Cori (Matt) Bartz, Neenah; Becca and Ben Schmidt, La Crosse; two great grandchildren: Seamus and Reyna Bartz, Neenah. He was preceded in death by his parents, sisters: Della Riedl, Marie Brautigan, Hildegarde Hayes and Rose Sanders; and a brother, Robert N. Derfus. Funeral services for Werner will be held on Friday, February 27, 2004 at 11 a.m. at St. Margaret Mary Church, 610 Division Street, Neenah, with the Rev. David J. Koch officiating. Family and friends may visit directly at the church from 9:30 a.m. until the hour of services.
Entombment will take place in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah. A memorial has been established for St. Margaret Mary Church and Affinity Hospice.
The family would like to express a special thank you to Mary Swan and the hospice caregivers.
Until we meet again
Rest in peace
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
205 W. Doty Avenue
Alice L Goettlicher
F, b. July 19, 1926, d. October 27, 2014
- Birth: Alice L Goettlicher was born on July 19, 1926 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Werner John Derfus were married on May 18, 1946 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Alice L Goettlicher died on October 27, 2014, at age 88.
- Note: Alice L. Derfus
Alice passed away peacefully at her home on Monday, October 27, 2014. She was born in Appleton, Wisconsin on July 19, 1926, to Charles Goettlicher and Emma (Semrow) Durdell. Alice was a telephone operator for a short time at Wisconsin Bell and then finishing her career working for the George Banta Company. She married Werner Derfus on May 18, 1946.
Alice is survived by her immediate family, three children: Terry (Susan) Derfus of Menasha, Craig Derfus of Menasha, and Patti (Don) Schmidt of La Crosse; five grandchildren: Dawn (Dan) Gaab of Appleton, Jason Derfus of Dallas, TX, Cori (Matt) Bartz of Neenah, Becca (Chad) Ennis of Madison, and Ben Schmidt of La Crosse; three great-grandchildren: Seamus and Reyna Bartz, Zachary Gaab, and Baby Ennis on the way.
In addition to her parents and her husband, she was also preceded in death by her sister, a nephew, her step-father, and a step-brother.
Respecting Alice's wishes, a private family service will be held. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund will be set up for St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church and Affinity Hospice.
The family would like to express a special thank you to Affinity Hospice and the caregivers from Home Instead Senior Care.
Until We Meet Again
Rest In Peace.
Terry M Derfus
M, b. March 4, 1947, d. February 12, 2015
- Birth: Terry M Derfus was born on March 4, 1947 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 18, 1968 in St John the Baptist Church, Menasha, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 12, 2015, at age 67, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Terry M. Derfus, age 67, of Menasha, passed away peacefully on Thursday, February 12, 2015, with his family by his side, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. On March 4, 1947, Terry Michael was born in Appleton to the late Werner and Alice (Goettlicher) Derfus. Terry was united in marriage to Susan M. Wiegand on May 18, 1968 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Menasha. As a member of the church, he volunteered his time as an alter server and communion distributor. Terry had worked for Menasha Utilities as a Meter Reader and retired after 37 years of employment. He enjoyed golfing, camping and playing cards with his friends. Terry was known as "Pa" to his grandson, Zachary, and he loved spending as much time with him as he could.
Terry will be missed by his loving wife of 46 years, Sue; their children: Dawn (Dan) Gaab and their son, Zachary; and Jason Derfus; his brother, Craig Derfus; his sister, Patti (Don) Schmidt; nieces and nephew: Cori (Matt) Bartz and their children: Seamus and Reyna; Becca (Chad) Ennis and their daughter, Viola; and Ben Schmidt; sisters-in-law: Sandi (Jack) Hablewitz, Sharon (Jeff) Zielinski, and Sally (Ed) Ellerbusch.
A Memorial Service will be held at 11:00 am on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 516 De Pere Street in Menasha with Fr. Paul Paider officiating. A Memorial Gathering will be held from 9:00 am until the time of the Mass at the church. Inurnment will take place at St. John Cemetery in the Spring. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established. Online condolences can be given at www.wichmannfargo.com
The family would like to give a heartfelt thank you to Deb and the girls at Prairie Homes for the loving care and friendship given to Terry, to the staff at Heartland Hospice, especially, Millie, for the wonderful care in keeping Terry comfortable, and to the ER staff at St. Elizabeth for their kindness given to the family.