Warren Joseph Andre
M, b. February 28, 1916, d. August 7, 2010
- Birth: Warren Joseph Andre was born on February 28, 1916 in Rosiere, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Bernadine Marie Hitt were married in 1937.
- Marriage: Warren Joseph Andre and Clarice Marie Dionne were married on December 1, 1989 in Algoma, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Warren Joseph Andre died on August 7, 2010, at age 94, in Algoma, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Warren J. Andre, 94, died Saturday, Aug. 7, in Algoma, Wis. Warren was born on the family farmstead in Rosiere, Wis., on Feb. 28, 1916, to Peter and Louise (Gilson) Andre. Warren graduated with the Class of 1933 from Algoma High School. He married Bernadine Hitt of Sturgeon Bay in 1937. The couple had five children who survive, Darlene Andre, De Pere; David (Nancy) Andre, Brillion; Dawn (James) Holdorf, Mishicot; Diane (Albert) DeCleene, New Franken; and Dennis (Linda) Andre, Algoma.
Warren possessed great people skills, which he used throughout his career working in retail sales. Ultimately, he and Bernadine started their own business, Andre's Shoe Store, in a building that now houses his son's business, the Penguin City Restaurant in Algoma. He was a past president of the Algoma Chamber of Commerce.
As with all Andres, Warren had exceptional musical ability. He began playing with the Rio Creek Brass Band while still a sophomore in high school. The group later formed the Matt Theis Orchestra, playing in Upper Michigan and Northeastern Wisconsin. In the late 1950s, Warren formed a combo known as The Penguins. Up until the time of his 90th birthday, Warren still played his clarinet and saxophone for snowbirds in Gulf Shores, Ala. From an early age he could play brass instruments and the piano as well, all without music, and he taught himself to play the violin. That violin is now being played by a great-granddaughter.
Following Bernadine's death on Aug. 6, 1983, Warren married Clarice Dionne Feld in 1989. She survives along with her children, Virginia (Norman) Johnson, Judith (Len) Maurer, Dianne (David) Younk, and Mark (Kathy) Feld. Together the couple have 25 grandchildren and 31 great-grandchildren.
As the last surviving member of his childhood family, Warren was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters and their spouses. They were Mabel (Frank) DeVillers, Ella (John) Tlachac, Wallace (Lucy) Andre, Willard (Mildred) Andre, and Margaret (Joseph) Vandervest. A granddaughter, Mary Beth Andre, also predeceased him.
Friends may call at the SCHINDERLE FUNERAL HOME, Algoma, from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 12, 2010, and after 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary Catholic Church until the Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. with Rev. Bill Swichtenberg officiating. Prayer service 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home with Pastoral Minister Kathy Zeman. Burial in the church cemetery.
The family wishes to thank Bay Road Place and Unity Hospice for the care they provided Warren, and Schinderle Funeral Home for their service.
A band scholarship will be established at the Algoma High School in memory of Warren's name. Or memorials may be made to St. Mary School.
Family and friends may sign the online guest book at www.schinderle.com.
Bernadine Marie Hitt
F, b. July 18, 1913, d. August 6, 1983
- Birth: Bernadine Marie Hitt was born on July 18, 1913.
- Marriage: She and Warren Joseph Andre were married in 1937.
- Death: Bernadine Marie Hitt died on August 6, 1983, at age 70.
Clarice Marie Dionne
F, b. March 18, 1917
- Birth: Clarice Marie Dionne was born on March 18, 1917.
- Marriage: She and Warren Joseph Andre were married on December 1, 1989 in Algoma, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
Richard P Heezen
Helen Mary Heezen
F, b. December 2, 1921, d. May 21, 2015
- Birth: Helen Mary Heezen was born on December 2, 1921 in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Clarence Benjamin VandeHei were married on July 20, 1940 in Preble, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Helen Mary Heezen died on May 21, 2015, at age 93.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Helen M. (Heezen) Van De Hei, 93, a lifelong resident of Bellevue, passed away Thursday, May 21, 2015. She was born December 2, 1921, to the late George and Elizabeth (Linssen) Heezen. On July 20, 1940, she married Clarence Van De Hei. The couple was blessed with 10 children. Clarence preceded her in death on December 13, 1975. After his passing, Helen worked at Schauer & Schumacher Furniture Store for 19 years. She then went to work at Carrington Manor for 10 years, finally retiring at the age of 82.
Helen had lived at the Van De Hei homestead since 1942 and took care of her mother-in-law for 20 years. After losing her son Joseph during the Vietnam War, Helen became a Gold Star Mother. She was a member of the Catholic Knights and the Catholic Golden Age. Helen enjoyed a good game of cards and watching the Packers.
She is survived by eight children and their spouses, Betty and Dick Freitag, Green Bay; Terry and Daryl Hoefs, Waupun; Bill and Maggie Van De Hei, Allouez; Jerry and Sue Van De Hei, Green Bay; Tom Van De Hei, Ledgeview; Mary Stahl, Green Bay; Glen and Jackie Van De Hei, Ledgeview, Steve Van De Hei and his friend, Wendy Kuske, Green Bay; a daughter-in-law, Kathy Van De Hei, Denmark; 21 grandchildren; 27 great-grandchildren; and two on the way. She is further survived by a sister-in-law, Dorothy Heezen, a special goddaughter, Sr. Pat Vanden Bergh, many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Clarence; two sons, Joseph and Donald Van De Hei; a son-in-law, Bob Kubetz; two grandsons, Jim Freitag; and Joe Van De Hei; a step-grandson, Dalton; nine brothers and sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesday, May 26th at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 2040 Hillside Lane. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church. Burial will be in Allouez Catholic Cemetery. To send online condolences visit www.prokowall.com.
The Van De Hei family extends a special thank you to Helen's granddaughter Amy for her loving care, and to everyone at Rennes, Renaissance and Unity Hospice for their assistance during Helen's final journey.
Clarence Benjamin VandeHei
M, b. September 16, 1915, d. December 13, 1975
- Birth: Clarence Benjamin VandeHei was born on September 16, 1915 in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Mary Heezen were married on July 20, 1940 in Preble, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clarence Benjamin VandeHei died on December 13, 1975, at age 60, in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Andrew John Heezen
M, b. August 29, 1909, d. May 4, 1986
- Birth: Andrew John Heezen was born on August 29, 1909 in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Martha Catherine VandenLangenberg were married on May 24, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Andrew John Heezen died on May 4, 1986, at age 76, in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Martha Catherine VandenLangenberg
F, b. March 23, 1907, d. March 23, 1971
- Birth: Martha Catherine VandenLangenberg was born on March 23, 1907 in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Andrew John Heezen were married on May 24, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Martha Catherine VandenLangenberg died on March 23, 1971, at age 64, in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Peter John Heezen
M, b. December 29, 1911, d. September 9, 1980
- Birth: Peter John Heezen was born on December 29, 1911 in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elsie Rebecca VanVenRoy were married on February 19, 1936 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Peter John Heezen and Rose Jane Degrand were married on May 29, 1972 in Eaton, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Peter John Heezen died on September 9, 1980, at age 68, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.