James Allen Kiesow
M, b. November 17, 1930, d. October 28, 1977
- Birth: Donald Kiesow was born on November 17, 1930.
- Marriage: He and Ruth Atkotschunas were married on May 1, 1954.
- Death: Donald Kiesow died on October 28, 1977, at age 46.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
F, b. March 26, 1929, d. November 3, 2014
Family: Donald Kiesow (b. November 17, 1930, d. October 28, 1977)
- Birth: Ruth Atkotschunas was born on March 26, 1929 in Berlin, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Donald Kiesow were married on May 1, 1954.
- Death: Ruth Atkotschunas died on November 3, 2014, at age 85, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ruth E. Kiesow, age 85, passed away on Monday, November 3, 2014 at The Bridges of Appleton Nursing Center. She was born in Berlin, Germany on March 26, 1929, daughter of the late Ludwig and Anna (Broedis) Atkotschunas. In February of 1953 she emigrated to the United States and married Donald Ervin Kiesow on May 1, 1954, she resided in Winchester for 33 years. The marriage was blessed with 7 children and 23 years before Donald was called home on October 28, 1977. Ruth enjoyed crocheting, playing cards, cooking channels, crafts, and craft shows. Above all, she loved her family, her family loved her, and her memory will be cherished forever.
She will be sadly missed by her children: Mike A. (Kristine) Kiesow, James A. (Donna) Kiesow, Thomas J. (Wendy) Kiesow, David D. (Paula) Kiesow, Susan K. (Orvis) Anunson, Kathy K. (Michael) Van De Ven, Brian R. Kiesow; grandchildren: Victoria and Cassandra Kiesow; Crystal and Katrina Kiesow; Melissa and Tiffany Kiesow; Brittany and Carl Kiesow; Adam and Joshua Anunson; Kevin, Matthew, and Chelsea Van De Ven; Ashley and Jacob Kiesow; great grandchild, Austin Kiesow. In addition to her parents and her beloved husband Donald, she was preceded in death by her grandson, Daniel J. Kiesow, and parents-in-law, Gustave and Audrey Kiesow; brothers-in-law: Ralph (Pat) Kiesow.
The Funeral service for Ruth will be held on Friday, November 7, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home with Rev. Paul Meier officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Friday from 10:00 a.m. until the hour of service. Ruth will be laid to rest next to her husband in Oak Hill Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations in Ruth's name may be made to the American Kidney Foundation or to Heartland Hospice.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
The family would like to thank the nurses and staffs of Heartland Hospice and The Bridges of Appleton for your care and compassion.
F, b. July 10, 1897, d. February 1983
Family: Henry Otte (b. April 23, 1896, d. April 24, 1983)
- Birth: Elsie Jonen was born on July 10, 1897.
- Marriage: She and Henry Otte were married in 1970 in Darboy, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Elsie Jonen died in February 1983, at age 85.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
Charles E Lautenschlager
M, b. August 3, 1937, d. November 11, 2013
- Birth: Charles E Lautenschlager was born on August 3, 1937 in Mackville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Moeller were married on November 7, 1959 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Charles E Lautenschlager died on November 11, 2013, at age 76.
- Note: Charles E. Lautenschlager, age 76, Hortonville, passed away on Monday, November 11, 2013 at his residence. Chuck was born on August 3, 1937, in Mackville, WI son of the late Edgar Lautenschlager and Florence & Herb Gabriel. He was united in marriage to Lucille Moeller on November 7, 1959, in Black Creek. She preceded him in death on October 1, 2012. He was a car enthusiast. Chuck was a construction millwright and was employed by Hennes and C.R. Meyer. Chuck served his country in the US Army from 1959-1962. He enjoyed 13 years of retirement and enjoyed spending winters in Texas.
He is survived by 2 daughters: Cindy (Steve) Reimer, their children Sommer (Mark) Ross and Melissa (Shannon) Loewehagen, Hortonville and Laurie (Monte) Berg, their children Trevor and Tanner, New London; 3 sons: Richard, (Christine) Lautenschlager, their children, Brittney, Courtney (Nick) Ninneman and Kylie, Hortonville; Mike (Jeanne) Lautenschlager, their children, Katie, Joey and Emily, Greenville; John (Vicki) Lautenschlager, their children Heather and Tiffany, Hortonville; brothers, Eugene (Virg) Lautenschlager, Hortonville, David (Brenda) Lautenschlager, Neenah; sisters, Donna Immel, Greenville; Margaret (Don) Parker, Hortonville and Ann (Gary) Krueger, New London. Brother in-laws and sister in-laws: Duane (Marge) Moeller, Appleton; Jim (Ruth) Moeller, Hortonville; Norman Moeller, New London; Jerry (Sandy) Moeller, Conover; Bill (Judy) Moeller, Hortonville and Bob Moeller, Hortonville; Elaine Buss, Appleton and Barb (Dave) Rehme, Conover. He is further survived by nine great grandchildren: Arinana, Teja, DeEvian, Sophia, Paytyn, Ryker, Reyce, Riley, Chandler and also nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Funeral services for Chuck will be held on Thursday, November 14, 2013, at 6:00 p.m. at Borchardt & Moder Funeral Home, Hortonville with Rev. James Frank officiating. Visitation will be held at the funeral home on Thursday from 2:00 p.m. until the time of service. Military Rites will be held.
Gene Willis Flunker
M, b. October 14, 1928, d. May 12, 2016
- Birth: Gene Willis Flunker was born on October 14, 1928.
- Death: He died on May 12, 2016, at age 87.
- Note: Gene Willis Flunker passed away peacefully at the age of 87 on May 12, 2016. He was born to Oscar and Ruth (Witt) on October 14, 1928.
Gene served his country in the US Army from 1951 to 1953. He proudly worked in the auto service business as both a mechanic and Service Manager for 37 years. Gene enjoyed spending time with his family, loved fishing and was an avid Packer fan. He was a faithful member of Bethel Lutheran, Menasha.
Gene is survived by his wife, Fran; Son Bruce (Sally) Flunker; Daughters Sue (Chris) Thelen Sr., Patti (John) Schaetz; Grandchildren Dylan (Rebecca), Rob, and Natalie Flunker; Christopher Jr.(Becky) and Casie Thelen; Tiffany (Matt) Lesperance, Casey, Beau (Michelle) Schaetz; Great-grandchildren Nora and Asher Flunker, Wyatt and Kenzie Thelen, Luke and Drew Lesperance, Brayden, Jackson and Carson Schaetz. Sister Jeri Grunwald (Dan), Sister In-laws Betty Flunker and Audrey Flunker. He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends
Preceded in death by his parents Oscar and Ruth; 3 brothers Robert, Ralph and Willard; sister and brother in law Jo Ann (Don) Coenen; and also grandson Spencer Thelen.
The Christian Funeral for Gene will be held on Sunday May 15th, 2016 4:00 p.m. at Bethel Lutheran Church in Menasha with Rev. Philip Hunter officiating. A visitation for Gene will take place at the church from 2:00 pm until the service. For more information and to express online condolences, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
A memorial is being established in memory of Gene.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from May 14 to May 16, 2016.
Robert E Flunker
M, b. October 21, 1934, d. October 10, 2011
- Birth: Robert E Flunker was born on October 21, 1934 in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 19, 1954.
- Death: He died on October 10, 2011, at age 76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert E. Flunker, age 76, of Appleton, passed away on Monday, October 10, 2011 at Appleton Medical Center with his family at his side. He was born on October 21, 1934 in New London, the son of the late Oscar and Ruth (Witt) Flunker. On September 19, 1954 he married Audrey Schmidt. Bob was a member of Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church. He worked at Murphy Construction Company (MCC). Bob enjoyed his time with family, especially at their cottage on Pine Lake in Hiles. He loved his dogs, along with fishing and camping.
Bob is survived by his wife, Audrey Flunker; four children: Sherry Vista, Dale (Jean) Flunker, Steve (Diane) Flunker and Matt Flunker; eight grandchildren: Karra (Scott) Schabo, Travis Griesbach, Lori (Chad) Probst and Patrick Griesbach; Amanda (Alberto) Chavez, Kristina Flunker and Dustin Flunker; Lauren Flunker; two step-grandchildren: Dustin and Damon Coe; four great grandchildren: Taylor and Morgan Schabo; Nora Probst and Evelia Chavez; sister: Jerelyn (Dan) Grunwald; brothers: Gene (Fran) Flunker and Willard (Betty) Flunker. He is survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Robert was preceded in death by his sister, Joanne (Donald) Coenen; brother, Ralph Flunker; sister-in-law, Jean Flunker; niece, Sandy Flunker and nephew, Thomas Coenen.
The funeral service for Robert will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at MOUNT OLIVE EV. LUTHERAN CHURCH, 930 E. Florida Avenue, Appleton. Rev. Benjamin Berger will be officiating. Entombment will take place at Highland Memorial Park. The visitation will be held at the church from 9 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, memorials to Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church are appreciated.
In Bob's own words, "Thank you all for being a part of my life."
537 N. Superior Street
Online condolences www.wichmannfargo.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on October 12, 2011.
Ralph W Flunker
M, b. May 30, 1938, d. December 27, 1991
- Birth: Ralph W Flunker was born on May 30, 1938.
- Death: He died on December 27, 1991, at age 53.
Willard Eugene Flunker
M, b. September 10, 1939, d. May 26, 2015
- Birth: Willard Eugene Flunker was born on September 10, 1939 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on July 6, 1962.
- Death: He died on May 26, 2015, at age 75.
- Note: Willard "Willie" Eugene Flunker
Age 75, of Grand Chute, went to his heavenly home on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at his residence. He was born on September 10, 1939, in Appleton, son of the late Oscar and Ruth (Witt) Flunker. On July 7, 1962, he was united in marriage to Betty Strutz at Bethlehem Ev. Lutheran Church in Hortonville. Willard was a carpenter with Miron Construction for over 40 years, retiring in 1998. He was proud to be in the Carpenter's Union for over 50 years. He was a faithful member of Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church in Appleton.
He is survived by his loving wife of almost 53 years, Betty; children: Timothy (Darlene) Flunker, Tamara (Richard) Alksnis, Todd (Kelly) Flunker; grandchildren: Brandon (Megan), Alyson and Abbey Flunker, Katie (Jordan) Friemark, Megan (Craig) Braun, Emily Alksnis and Nicholas Flunker; one great-grandchild: Ava Friemark; brother: Gene (Fran) Flunker; sister: Jerelyn (Daniel) Grunwald; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Audrey Flunker, William (Jane) Strutz, Judy (Eugene) Kreutzberg, Jerry (Marti) Strutz, Nancy Loeffler and Paul (Joy) Strutz. He is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Sandra; his parents, Oscar and Ruth (Witt) Flunker; two brothers: Robert and Ralph Flunker; sister and brother-in-law: Jo Ann (Don) Coenen; and also a nephew Thomas Coenen, his mother-in-law and father-in-law Frederick and Kathryn Strutz.
The Christian Funeral for Willard will be held on Thursday, May 28, 2015, at 11:00 a.m. at Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church in Appleton with Rev. Robert Raasch officiating. Burial will be in Dale Union Cemetery. A visitation for Willard will take place directly at the church on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church or Theda Care Hospice.
Special thanks to Dr. Kristin Juntunen, nurses April and Lori and also, Theda Care Hospice nurses and close neighbors.
F, b. November 19, 1922, d. April 7, 1983
- Birth: Helen Seidel was born on November 19, 1922 in Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Leonard A Birk were married on July 23, 1949 in Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Helen Seidel died on April 7, 1983, at age 60.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Joseph Peter Seidel
M, b. February 24, 1884, d. 1955
- Father: Anton Seidel (b. July 26, 1857, d. July 25, 1930)
- Mother: Mary Pekal (b. July 16, 1863, d. March 16, 1937)
- Birth: Joseph Peter Seidel was born on February 24, 1884 in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died in 1955, at age ~71.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Katherine B Koehne
F, b. April 21, 1887, d. December 25, 1970
- Birth: Katherine B Koehne was born on April 21, 1887 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 25, 1970, at age 83, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Lori A McCormick
F, b. August 26, 1965, d. April 6, 1983
- Birth: Lori A McCormick was born on August 26, 1965 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 6, 1983, at age 17.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.