Jerome H Schnese
M, b. April 12, 1936, d. October 30, 2013
- Birth: Jerome H Schnese was born on April 12, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 28, 1957 in St Patrick Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 30, 2013, at age 77.
- Note: Schnese, Jerome H. "Schnez" "Doc"
Jerome H. Schnese passed away peacefully at his home on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. Jerome was born on April 12, 1936 in the Appleton home of his parents Howard and Irene (Urban) Schnese. He was a 1955 graduate of Appleton High School. On September 28, 1957, he married Susan McDonnell at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Menasha. As a young man "Schnez" worked days as a service station mechanic at Verrier-Schmit Sinclair. He worked nights at the Pizza Palace, starting in 1955 when Frank Pierri first opened "the joint". In 1965 Jerome went to work at Miller Electric. He spent 32 years there, retiring in 1997. From the 50's on, "Schnez" had a reputation as a speed mechanic. Doc was involved in stock car racing, starting at Apple Creek Speedway with cars driven by J.J.Smith. He progressed to late model stocks at WIR, building and maintaining cars for Al Piette and Gene Wheeler including the Camaro which Jim Sauter drove to a track championship in 1981.
Upon his retirement from Miller Electric, "Doc" became the neighborhood fix-it man. From leaf blowers to mortar mixers, if it had an engine, "Doc" could make it purr. He was also a green thumb gardener and awesome woodworker, crafting many pieces of fine furniture.
Jerome is survived by his loving wife of 56 years, Susan; his sons, Jerry, Menasha, and Michael (Julia), Menasha; a granddaughter, Dylan; sister, Patricia Moler, of Springfield WV; niece, Tamy (Rick) De Leon, Waimanalo, HI; two nephews; Terry (Kelly) Schnese, and Tad (Judy) Schnese, both of Anchorage, AK. He is further survived by sister-in-law, Pat (Bill) Kernen, of Neenah; two brothers-in-law, Bob (Becky) Mc Donnell, Laguna Beach, CA and Jake (Camilla) McDonnell, Fullerton, CA; as well as other nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his older brother Cal; Cal's wife Rosie; and a niece, Karen.
A celebration of Jerome's life will be held on Monday November 4, 2013 at VALLEY FUNERAL HOME, from 3:00 until 5:00 PM
Jerry will be greatly missed by his many friends. He would ask that they raise a glass in memory of "Schnez" and the good times. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
A special Thank You to Affinity Visiting Nurses Hospice for the TLC they provided Jerry during his final days, especially his nurses, Phil, Kristen and Gina.
Vernon John Schmit
M, b. November 21, 1924, d. September 6, 2012
- Birth: Vernon John Schmit was born on November 21, 1924 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Arla Jane Porath were married on December 15, 1951 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Vernon John Schmit died on September 6, 2012, at age 87, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Vernon John Schmit, of Appleton, age 87, passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family at Appleton Medical Center on September 6, 2012. He was born on November 21, 1924, in Greenville, the son of Erving and Viola (Meltz) Schmit. Schmitty graduated from Appleton West High School in 1942. He served in World War II in the Air Force from 1943 to 1946. Schmitty married Arla Jane Porath on December 15, 1951 at St. Matthew Ev. Lutheran Church in Appleton. He worked for Wunderlich Construction for four years before taking employment at Appleton Wire Works for 23 years. Schmitty then worked for Morning Glory Dairy, followed by the Appleton Public School System, where he retired in 1987. He enjoyed playing golf throughout his life, but especially enjoyed swimming in his later years at Lake Park Fitness Center. Schmitty was a lifetime member of Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church, Johnston-Blessman Post 38 American Legion, and also volunteered at St. Joseph Food Pantry for several years.
Schmitty will be missed by his loving children: Jodi Schmit, Los Angeles; Beth Braun, Appleton; Heidi (Dan) Baumann, Appleton; Kurt Schmit, Fort Atkinson; and son-in-law, Kim Masterson, Whitewater. He will be missed by his grandchildren: Kristin Baumann, Erin Baumann and Rachel Baumann; Kyle Masterson and Quinn Masterson; and Melissa (Travis) Vandenberg; one loving great-grandchild, Addisyn Vandenberg, and his sister, Nathalie (Walter) Wunderlich, Appleton. Schmitty is also survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his wife Arla; son, Craig Andrew Schmit; daughter Pamela Masterson, sisters: Delores (Paul) Aiello and Dorothy (Harlan) Moder; brother, Eugene Schmit, and companion for many years, Virginia "Bunny" Caldie.
The funeral service for Vernon will be held at 11:00 am on Tuesday, September 11, 2012, at Mount Olive Ev. Lutheran Church, 930 E. Florida Avenue in Appleton. Rev. Joel Zank will be officiating. A time of visitation will be held Monday at the Wichmann Funeral Home from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm and again at the church on Tuesday from 10:00 am until the time of service. Burial with full military honors will take place at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to offer their thanks to the excellent staff at Appleton Health Care Center especially, Buckshot, Peanut, Cookie, Beka and the many others. In addition, the support during Vern's last week from the very caring staff at Appleton Medical Center was greatly appreciated by the family.
M, b. circa 1769
- Birth: Johann Reuter was born circa 1769 in Orenhofen, Bitburg-Prum, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Appollinia Arens were married.
F, b. circa 1770
- Birth: Appollinia Arens was born circa 1770 in Orenhofen, Bitburg-Prum, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Johann Reuter were married.
Molly Ann O'Keefe
Arla Jane Porath
F, b. September 21, 1928, d. July 3, 1983
- Birth: Arla Jane Porath was born on September 21, 1928 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Vernon John Schmit were married on December 15, 1951 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Arla Jane Porath died on July 3, 1983, at age 54.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Father: Adrian Kabat (b. October 10, 1920, d. March 15, 1992)
- Mother: Helen Jakl (b. August 5, 1920, d. July 6, 1983)
Susan Jean Klika
Louise Catherine Schaffer
F, b. July 30, 1910, d. August 22, 1972
- Father: Mathias Schaffer (b. September 18, 1877, d. December 19, 1946)
- Mother: Mary Knier (b. March 25, 1880, d. September 26, 1958)
- Birth: Louise Catherine Schaffer was born on July 30, 1910 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Herman Lucius Greve were married on June 30, 1937.
- Death: Louise Catherine Schaffer died on August 22, 1972, at age 62, in Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.