M, b. September 25, 1853, d. September 21, 1930
- Birth: Matthias Schmidt was born on September 25, 1853 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Mary Sauter were married on April 13, 1875 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Matthias Schmidt died on September 21, 1930, at age 76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1854, d. June 4, 1932
- Birth: Mary Sauter was born circa 1854.
- Marriage: She and Matthias Schmidt were married on April 13, 1875 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Sauter died on June 4, 1932.
M, b. December 16, 1816, d. May 24, 1872
- Birth: Antone Sauter was born on December 16, 1816 in Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany.
- Death: He died on May 24, 1872, at age 55, in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Anton married Mary Catherine Elmers in Germany and migrated to America. He made his home in Milwaukee for many years.
When the gold rush started (1849) in California, Anton (age 32) went out to seek his fortune. He left with a party from Milwaukee Wisconsin. After two years of hardship he returned to his family and to his surprize found that his family had not received the money and letters he sent her frequently.
He, and his family, then moved north and bought a farm in Calumet County between Appleton and Lake Winnebago on Manitowoc Road. They chose to settled here because his wife would not risk traveling through hostile Indian country to California.
The July 16th, 1850 census shows Anthony (Anton) Sauter age 33 and a farmer. Living in the town of Milwaukee County with his wife Katrina (Mary Catherine Emmers) age 38, sons John (age7), Peter (age4), and Enoch (age 1 month) and daughter Katrina (age5). Anton and his wife are shown as being born in Germany, while his children are listed as being born in Wisconsin.
The value of the real estate they own is $380 (about average) for other farmers listed on the same census page). John and Katrina shown as attending school.
Mary Catherine Emmers
F, b. 1812, d. 1896
- Birth: Mary Catherine Emmers was born in 1812.
- Death: She died in 1896, at age ~84.
F, b. circa 1838
- Birth: Katherine Sauter was born circa 1838.
John Frank Schwalbach
M, b. February 28, 1838, d. September 15, 1909
- Birth: John Frank Schwalbach was born on February 28, 1838 in Germany.
- Death: He died on September 15, 1909, at age 71, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. August 22, 1830
- Birth: Magdelena Schwalbach was born on August 22, 1830 in Germany.
F, b. circa 1845
- Birth: Louisa Schwalbach was born circa 1845 in Germany.
M, b. circa 1845
- Birth: John Sauter was born circa 1845.
F, b. January 17, 1852
- Birth: Mary Schmidt was born on January 17, 1852 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and Henry Schuetter were married on May 16, 1876.
M, b. May 8, 1851, d. July 31, 1935
- Birth: Henry Schuetter was born on May 8, 1851 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Mary Schmidt were married on May 16, 1876.
- Death: Henry Schuetter died on July 31, 1935, at age 84.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
F, b. May 20, 1921, d. July 25, 1990
- Birth: Genevieve Salm was born on May 20, 1921.
- Marriage: She and Hilary N Mueller were married on April 22, 1947 in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Genevieve Salm died on July 25, 1990, at age 69.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
Jerome Leon Mueller
M, b. May 10, 1950, d. October 30, 2013
- Birth: Jerome Leon Mueller was born on May 10, 1950 in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 30, 2013, at age 63, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jerome Leon "Jerry" Mueller, age 63, of Menasha, died on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at Manor Care in Appleton. He was born May 10, 1950 in Fond du Lac, son of the late Hilary & Genevieve (Salm) Mueller.
Jerry proudly served in the United States Air Force from 1972 until 1976. Following his discharge, he drove truck, most recently for MCC Company and had retired this past April.
He was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge, Stockbridge American Legion Post, and the Stockbridge Lions Club. Jerry was a genuine, down to earth man who lived life to the fullest. He was quite the jokester and forever appreciated the interesting parts of life. He was a Green Bay Packer fan, collected Marilyn Monroe paraphernalia and never passed up on an opportunity to play Sheepshead. His greatest joy in life was the trips to Laughlin, NV where he was able to relax at a slot machine and treasure each moment of the day.
Survivors include his siblings: Melvin Mueller of Chilton, Shirley (Robert) Hanke of Fond du Lac, Arleen (Ken) Arenz of Chilton, Joan Nate of Brillion, Judy (Joe) Thiel of Chilton, Dorothy (Al) Broker of Kimberly, Ed Mueller of Kimberly; and his best friend: Lester Willems. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
Jerry was preceded in death by his parents; an infant sister: Irene Mueller; and a brother-in-law: Gary Nate.
Funeral service will be at 11:30 am on Saturday, November 9, 2013 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge. Burial will be in the Parish Cemetery. Friends may call at the church from 9:00 am until 11:00 am on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
Life is dull; only to dull people. Life is successful; only to successful people. Life is happy; only to happy people. It's your attitude. ~Jerome Mueller
Online Condolences wietingfuneralhome.com.
Family: Gary Nate (b. February 13, 1952, d. July 8, 2012)
M, b. February 13, 1952, d. July 8, 2012
- Birth: Gary Nate was born on February 13, 1952.
- Death: He died on July 8, 2012, at age 60.