F, b. circa 1775
- Birth: Petronella Arts was born circa 1775.
Hendrikus Donatus VanderLeest
M, b. circa 1880
- Birth: Hendrikus Donatus VanderLeest was born circa 1880.
- Marriage: He and Gerardina Cornelia Kersten were married on March 31, 1913 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. April 26, 1833
- Birth: Ardina Kersten was born on April 26, 1833 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Anna Maria Kersten
F, b. December 7, 1834
- Birth: Anna Maria Kersten was born on December 7, 1834 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. November 26, 1836
- Birth: Willemina Kersten was born on November 26, 1836 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Jan Hendrik Kersten
M, b. March 30, 1842
- Birth: Jan Hendrik Kersten was born on March 30, 1842 in Escharen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1775
- Birth: Richardus Kersten was born circa 1775.
F, b. circa 1775
- Birth: Maria Wellens was born circa 1775.
Arthur H Brazee
M, b. April 20, 1927, d. May 14, 2010
- Birth: Arthur H Brazee was born on April 20, 1927.
- Marriage: He was married on March 31, 1951.
- Death: He died on May 14, 2010, at age 83, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Arthur Brazee, 83, Neenah, passed away Friday, May 14, 2010, at Wisconsin Veterans Home, King. He was born April 20, 1927, in Omro, son of Harvey and Lorraine (Gehrke) Brazee. Art spent his early life working on his family's farm. In 1944, like many of his generation, he quit high school to serve his country by enlisting in the U.S. Navy during World War II. After the war, he worked as an auto mechanic at various auto dealerships in Neenah and Menasha. On March 31, 1951, he married Joan F. Haufe. During the 1950s and '60s Art owned and operated Skelly Service Stations. In the late 1960s, he went into the retail business opening Neenah Gambles hardware store. Shortly after he switched to the Ace Hardware franchise. Art worked the hardware store with his sons until Alzheimer's forced him to retire.
Art was an active member of the Neenah Eagles for over 30 years serving as president and on the board of trustees. He was also a member of the Lenz-Gazecki American Legion Post #152, Menasha, for 65 years. Art enjoyed the simple things in life, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, always staying active. He had one great passion though, bowling. Art loved to bowl. Over the years he bowled in many leagues in the Twin Cities, making many friends and collecting lasting memories. Grandma Jose would also like to thank her grandson Dallas for the special care he gave grandpa before he went into the home.
Arthur is survived by his wife, Joan; five sons: Paul (Barb), Brillion; Tom (Colleen), Appleton; Dave (Cathy) Neenah; Mike (Deanna), Oshkosh; Mark (Christy), Brazee, Neenah; nine grandchildren: Jennifer (Matt) Mastey, Chris (Heidi) Brazee, Chad Brazee and special friend Mamie, Sara George, Emily (Kurt) Ulrich, Dallas and Jacob Brazee, Sam and Tess Brazee; three great-grandchildren: Mya, Gracie and Bryan; four brothers: Earl; Melvin (Annie) Brazee; Sherman (Shirley) Brazee; Nyal (Pat) Brazee; a sister, Carolyn Brazee; special family member Tom (Sue) Rivet, Neenah; brothers- and sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews,and other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; sister-in-law, Anna Lee; brothers-in-law, Leonard Van Densen, Bill, Gene, and Glen Haufe.
Memorial services will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 23, 2010, at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial St., Neenah, with Chaplain Wayne Schwanke officiating. Interment will follow. Visitation will be held from 12 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established for the Alzheimer's Association and Wisconsin Veteran's Home, King.
Arthur's family wishes to thank the Wisconsin Veteran's Home, especially Olson Hall, 4th floor staff for their loving care and compassion.
Kessler Funeral Home
& Cremation Services
M, b. October 22, 1897, d. February 21, 1989
- Birth: Harvey Brazee was born on October 22, 1897.
- Death: He died on February 21, 1989, at age 91.
Lorraine M Gehrke
F, b. April 19, 1904, d. September 20, 1999
Family: Harvey Brazee (b. October 22, 1897, d. February 21, 1989)
- Birth: Lorraine M Gehrke was born on April 19, 1904.
- Death: She died on September 20, 1999, at age 95.
Thomas Sherman Brazee
David Allan Brazee
Michael Douglas Brazee
Earl Robert Brazee
M, b. April 4, 1929, d. November 17, 2014
- Birth: Earl Robert Brazee was born on April 4, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Anna Lee Meeker were married in Spokane, Spokane Co, Washington.
- Death: Earl Robert Brazee died on November 17, 2014, at age 85, in Spokane, Spokane Co, Washington.
- Note: Earl R. Brazee age 85 of Spokane, WA, formerly of Neenah died November 17, 2014 in Spokane. He was born April 4, 1929, in the Waukau area to Harvey and Lorraine (Gehrke) Brazee. Earl graduated in the 1947 Class of Neenah High School. He enlisted in the USAF and served for 25 years in various locations throughout the world and was a Crew Chief responsible for all maintenance functions on B-36 Bombers.
He met and married Anna Lee (Meeker) in Spokane and enjoyed 56 years together until her death in 2009. He is survived by his five children, a loving daughter, Connie (Jeff) Boyer, and his sons, (Golf Buddies) Ron (Bonnie), Bob, (Tami), Rick (Rosanna), all of Spokane, and Randy (Brigitte) of Knoxville, TN; 11 grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren; two brothers, Sherman (Shirley), Neenah, Nyal (Pat) Bradenton, FL; and a sister, Carolyn (Jim) Appleton, two sisters-in-law, Joan, Neenah; and Anna, Twin Falls, ID; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife and three brothers, Arthur, Melvin and his twin brother Merle who died in infancy. Earl was cremated and interred in Spokane.
Neptune Society in charge of cremation.
Melvin W Brazee
M, b. October 31, 1930, d. July 25, 2010
- Birth: Melvin W Brazee was born on October 31, 1930 in Omro, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 25, 2010, at age 79.
- Note: Melvin (Mel) W. Brazee, age 79, of Twin Falls, Idaho, previously of Neenah, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, July 25, 2010. He was born October 31, 1930, in Omro, Wisconsin, son of Harvey and Lorraine (Gehrke) Brazee.
Mel was preceded in death by his parents and brother Art (Joan) Brazee.
Mel spent his early life working on the family farm. He enlisted in the U.S. Navy and served in Korea. After leaving the service he was self-employed as a tool distributor for 45 years. Mel loved being busy and active, he especially enjoyed the outdoors. On game days you would find him cheering for his favorite Green Bay Packers.
Mel is survived by his wife, Anna, two Children: Pam (Dwayne) Free, Bruce (Sue) Brazee, three brothers: Earl Brazee, Sherman (Shirley) Brazee; Nyal (Pat) Brazee, a sister, Carolyn Brazee, eight grandchildren, two great grandchildren, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Melvin was loved and will be missed greatly.
Shirley M Perket
F, b. July 2, 1938, d. June 9, 2017
- Birth: Shirley M Perket was born on July 2, 1938 in Powers, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: She was married on October 5, 1957.
- Death: She died on June 9, 2017, at age 78.
- Note: Shirley M. Brazee, age 78, of the town of Vinland, died Friday, June 9, 2017, at home surrounded by her loving family. She was born July 2, 1938, in Powers, Michigan to the late Rueben and Ruby (Ekberg) Perket. Shirley was a graduate of Neenah High School. On October 5, 1957, she married Sherman W. Brazee and since 1962 they and their family have operated Brazee Farms. For many years she was a town of Vinland Supervisor and its Clerk, and in 2011 upon her retirement she was awarded for her outstanding service and dedication to the town. For a number of years Shirley bowled on the Reese Trucking Women's bowling team.
Shirley is survived by her husband of almost 60 years, Sherman Brazee; five children, Kim (John) Speakes, Penny (Mike) Yost, Steve (Karen) Brazee, Bryan (Jodi) Brazee, Bruce (Cathy) Brazee; eleven grandchildren, Tyler and Ryan Speakes, Tracey (Steven) Brownell, Emily St. Mary, Sam, Josh, Grace, and Gabi Brazee, Weston Brazee, and Nick and Jacob Brazee; three step-grandchildren, Nick Yost, Tessa Peters, and Blaise Convery; three great-grandsons, Shawn, Lucas, and Jax; two great-granddaughters, Layna and Zoey; cousins, Sharon (Ron) DeMars and Joann Dunlap; close friend, Georgia Jensen; and other relatives and friends.
Preceding Shirley in death were her parents, Rueben Perket and Ruby Perkette; and her father-in-law and mother-in-law, Harvey and Lorraine (Gehrke) Brazee.
A visitation for family and friends will be on Tuesday, June 13, 2017, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Mueller Funeral Home 904 E. Main St. Winneconne. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home with Pastor Tabitha Gallatan officiating. Burial will follow in the Brooks Cemetery, town of Vinland.
Shirley's family wishes to thank the ThedaCare at Home Hospice staff for all of the care given to her.
If you wish please submit online condolences to muellerfuneralhomeinc.com.