- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
M, b. November 9, 1925, d. January 22, 1985
- Birth: Harold Fink was born on November 9, 1925.
- Death: He died on January 22, 1985, at age 59, in California.
M, b. February 27, 1933, d. January 10, 2009
- Birth: Donald Fink was born on February 27, 1933.
- Death: He died on January 10, 2009, at age 75.
F, b. March 27, 1927, d. March 16, 1980
- Birth: Loretta Fink was born on March 27, 1927.
- Marriage: She and Harland Leroy Andrews were married on October 30, 1948.
- Death: Loretta Fink died on March 16, 1980, at age 52.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Harland Leroy Andrews
M, b. May 13, 1929, d. November 7, 1988
- Birth: Harland Leroy Andrews was born on May 13, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Loretta Fink were married on October 30, 1948.
- Death: Harland Leroy Andrews died on November 7, 1988, at age 59, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Brian James Godeck
Doris M VanRemortel
F, b. December 12, 1926, d. April 9, 2010
- Birth: Doris M VanRemortel was born on December 12, 1926.
- Marriage: She and Clarence J Zegers were married on May 30, 1949 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Doris M VanRemortel died on April 9, 2010, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
- Note: April 11, 2010
Zegers, Doris M.
Doris M. Zegers, 83, died in the peace of faith on Friday, April 9, 2010. Her passing is just six months after the death of her husband of 60 years, Clarence J. Zegers. Doris and Clarence were married on May 30, 1949, at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in De Pere. In May 2009, they shared a festive celebration of their diamond anniversary with their children and grandchildren. The couple were members of the St. Francis Xavier Parish, where Doris was a member of the Altar Rosary Society. In their later years together, Doris and Clarence later became members of Old St. Joseph Church on the campus of St. Norbert College.
Doris was born on Dec. 12, 1926, to the late August and Cora (Fink) Van Remortel. She graduated from De Pere High School in 1944 where she enjoyed playing clarinet in the marching band and also bowling with friends. She was a stenographer and legal secretary at the law firm of Smith & Smith in De Pere. In later years as her children grew, she was a secretary for the De Pere Chamber of Commerce, the De Pere School District and St. Norbert Abbey. However, she believed that her most important work was in their family home, where she and Clarence taught their children to pray and live the Catholic faith. There they learned by seeing thousands of examples of love and faith that are so large in the eyes of God.
Doris' ancestors were among the pioneering families who founded the Dutch Catholic settlement and church in southern Brown County. Her inheritance was a deep well of faith that sustained her throughout her life.
Her failing eyesight and health in later years did not dim her enthusiasm for the activities and accomplishments of her children and grandchildren. She closely followed all of their work and school activities and was generous with prayers and praise. Doris was also blessed over the years with great friends and extended family, with whom she enjoyed playing cards and sharing conversation.
She will be sadly missed by her children and grandchildren, James and Mary (Smith) Zegers, Madison and their son, Andrew, Madison; John and Jean (VanWassenhoven) Zegers, De Pere and their children, Scott, New York City and Jenny, De Pere; Ann and Joseph Hilke, Plymouth and their daughters, Jennifer and Michelle; Donald and Teresa (Kanouse) Zegers, De Pere and their son, Daniel; Joseph and Karen (Pearson) Zegers, De Pere, and their daughters, Emily, Mariah and Olivia; and Mary and James Pahl, De Pere and their daughter, Heather. Doris is survived by a sister, La Verne Treml; two brothers, Vincent Van Remortel and Donald (Mary Jane) Van Remortel; and a sister-in-law, Marie Van Remortel, all of De Pere. She is also survived by many godchildren, nephews and nieces, and other extended family members and friends.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Clarence, last October; four sisters, Viola and her husband, Tony Bangert, Esther and her husband, Clarence Gullickson, Della Wilson; an infant sister, Ruby; one brother, Victor Van Remortel; a brother-in-law, Felix Treml; and a sister-in-law, Janet Van Remortel.
Friends may call after 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 13, at Old St. Joseph Catholic Church on the campus of St. Norbert College. A Mass of Christian Burial will take place at 11 a.m. with Revs. Charles Hoffmann, James Baraniak, O. Praem and V. Anthony Dolski concelebrating. A committal service will follow at Mt. Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
A memorial fund has been established.
The family is grateful for the care provided by Doris' physicians, hospitalists and medical staff and the kind support of Trudy from Comfort Keepers; the entire staff at Birch Creek Assisted Living, De Pere; and Unity Hospice. We also offer prayerful thanks to our cousin, Sr. Francis Bangert of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Cross for her comfort and support.
Lyndahl Funeral Home
And Cremation Services
1350 Lombardi Avenue
Clarence J Zegers
M, b. December 21, 1923, d. October 14, 2009
- Birth: Clarence J Zegers was born on December 21, 1923.
- Marriage: He and Doris M VanRemortel were married on May 30, 1949 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clarence J Zegers died on October 14, 2009, at age 85.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
Ann Marie Zegers
Joseph Gerard Zegers
Karen Sue Pearson