Sylvester H Bushman
M, b. June 22, 1924, d. November 15, 1979
- Birth: Sylvester H Bushman was born on June 22, 1924.
- Death: He died on November 15, 1979, at age 55.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Donald J Bushman
John A Bushman
M, b. August 22, 1928, d. September 14, 2012
- Birth: John A Bushman was born on August 22, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Bernice H Wolff were married on June 5, 1948 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John A Bushman died on September 14, 2012, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: John A. Bushmann, age 84, of Appleton, passed away peacefully at his home with his family at his side on Friday, September 14, 2012. He was born on August 22, 1928, in Appleton, to the late Henry and Theresa (Gruenzel) Bushman. On June 5, 1948, John married Bernice Wolff at St. Therese Catholic Church in Appleton. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Appleton. John was well known as a caring person and his family meant a lot to him. He is survived by his daughters, Rose Ann Bushman; Bonnie (Markus) Wittman, Janet Jahnke, all of Appleton; his sons, David (Sandy) Bushman, Jerry (Jean) Bushman, of Appleton; Bruce (Carol) Bushman, Navarino, Susan Burton, Clintonville; and Linda (Gordon) Craig, Omro. He is also survived by 15 grandchildren and many great grandchildren; his brothers, Jim (Emogene) Bushman, Don (Harriet) Bushman and Joe (Carol) Bushman and Clem Bushman; his sisters, Virginia Hoerning and Kathryn Johnson; his sister-in-law, Marie Bushman, brother-in-law, Alvin Wolff; and many nieces and nephews, other relatives and friends. John was preceded in death by his wife Bernice; and his siblings, Gene, Monica, Sylvester and Maryann; his sister-in-law, Molly Bushman; and his brother-in-law, Russ Hoerning. The Funeral Liturgy will be at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, 222 E. Fremont Street, Appleton, with Fr. Andrew Kurz officiating. Friends may call at the Wichmann Funeral Home, Tri-County Chapel, Menasha, on Tuesday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and again directly at the church on Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. A prayer and scripture service will be at 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Interment will be in St. Mary Cemetery, Appleton. The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to John's granddaughters, Heather, Stacy, Sarah, Beth and Wendi for their extra special care and also the staff of Theda Care Hospice.
James Clement Bushman
M, b. August 22, 1928, d. April 13, 2016
- Birth: James Clement Bushman was born on August 22, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Emogene M Schroeder were married on September 15, 1951 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: James Clement Bushman died on April 13, 2016, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Resthaven Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: James Clement Bushman, age 87, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, April 13, 2016, at Matthews Assisted Living. Jim was born in Appleton on August 22, 1928, son of the late Henry and Theresa (Grenzel) Bushman. On September 15, 1951, he married the love of his life, Emogene Schroeder, in a ceremony at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Appleton. Jim and Emogene were inseparable. They enjoyed bus trips and traveling throughout their 64 years of marriage. Jim worked as an assembler at Miller Electric for 32 years before his retirement in 1986.
Jim loved the outdoors, especially fishing and spending time at his cottage in Crandon. He also had a knack for playing cards, wood working and enjoyed the occasional gambling trip. Above all, Jim cherished the time he spent with his family.
Jim is survived by his siblings: Donald (Harriet) Bushman, Clem Bushman, and Kathryn Johnson; and his sisters-in-law: Marie Bushman and Carol Bushman. He is further survived by many, many, nieces, nephews, and friends. He was preceded in death by his wife: Emogene Bushman; his parents: Henry and Theresa Bushman; as well as his siblings: Eugene Bushman, Sylvester Bushman, Joseph Bushman, John (Bernice) Bushman, Monica Vander Velden, Mary Ann (Ray) LaChapelle, and Virginia (Russell) Hoerning; and his sister-in-law: Molly Bushman.
The funeral service for Jim will be held at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 17, 2016, at the WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME TRI-COUNTY CHAPEL, 1592 Oneida St. Menasha, with Deacon George Schraufnagel officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 11:00 a.m. until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established benefiting St. Mary's Catholic Church in Appleton.
Jim's family is grateful for all the friendships he made while living at Matthews Assisted Living. Also thank you to the staff at Matthews for their care and loving attention.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Apr. 15, 2016.
Andrew J Sherfinski
M, b. April 7, 1915, d. September 23, 2007
- Birth: Andrew J Sherfinski was born on April 7, 1915 in Portage County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 23, 2007, at age 92, in Waukesha, Waukesha Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Andrew J. Sherfinski, 92, of Waukesha and formerly of Watertown, passed away on Sunday at the Virginia Nursing Home in Waukesha.
Andrew was born on April 7, 1915, in Brokaw, the son of John and Marciana (Zuiwicky) Sherfinski. He married the former Clara Woyak on June 21, 1936, and she preceded him in death on Jan. 13, 1988.
Andrew served in the U.S. Army during World War II in the Philippines. Andrew had been a printer with R. R. Donnelley & Sons in Chicago. He was a member of St. Henry Catholic Church and he enjoyed woodworking, art and music.
Survivors include his children, Kenneth (Virginia) Sherfinski of Hartland, Robert Sherfinski of Las Vegas, Nev., Diane (Jim) Graham of Waukesha, and Fay (Bob) Custer of Waukesha; 16 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Andrew was further preceded in death by his son, Lee Sherfinski; his parents; two brothers; and two sisters.
Funeral services will be on Wednesday at 11 a.m. at St. Henry Catholic Church, 400 N. Fourth St., Watertown, with Father Bernard Rott officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery with military graveside rites by the Watertown Veterans Council.
Family and friends may call on Wednesday from 10 to 11 a.m. at the church. Memorials to the American Cancer Society would be appreciated. Schmutzler-Vick Funeral Home and Cremation Service is serving the family.
Howarth J Rusch
M, b. April 24, 1910, d. April 6, 1988
- Birth: Howarth J Rusch was born on April 24, 1910.
- Marriage: He and Adeline Hagens were married on September 16, 1933 in St Francis Church, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
- Death: Howarth J Rusch died on April 6, 1988, at age 77.
Margaret Mary Woods
F, b. August 26, 1922, d. March 9, 2010
- Birth: Margaret Mary Woods was born on August 26, 1922 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and James Robert Jenkel were married on April 11, 1944.
- Death: Margaret Mary Woods died on March 9, 2010, at age 87, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 11, 2010
Jenkel, Margaret Mary Mrs. James
Margaret, age 87 of Town of Center, passed away Tuesday, March 9, 2010, at Brewster Village following a short illness with Hodgekin's Lymphoma. She was born August 26, 1922, in Grand Chute, daughter of the late Leo and Ceilia (Thompson) Woods. She married James Jenkel, April 11, 1944, sharing 65 years together. She made her home on the family farm in the Town of Center. She was employed by Marcus Corp. for 27 years and retired in 1990.
Margaret was an active member of Trinity Lutheran Church, Town of Ellington, and was a member of the Ladies Aid. She enjoyed gardening, traveling and her grandchildren.
Survivors include her husband, James, Town of Center; a daughter, Carol (George) Lutzewitz, Center; a son, Steve (Valerie) Jenkel, Appleton; grandchildren: Christopher Lutzewitz, Sara (Chris) Genske, Kevin Lutzewitz (fiancee-Kim Ninnemann), Dax Jenkel; step-grandchild: Craig Sommers; great-grandchildren: Seth and Kelsey Genske, Keagan Lutzewitz; step-great-grand daughters: Jordan and Brooke Sommers; step-great-great-grandson, Adrian Sommers; a brother, James (Pat) Woods; five sisters: Gertrude (Bernard) Bruening, Helen Calmes, Alice (Richard) Van Handel, Joan (Larry) Gitter, Kate (Richard) Seidler; a brother-in-law, Ed (Margaret) Jenkel; sisters-in-law: Ceil Redlin, Ramona Jenkel, Rita Woods, Marie Woods, many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was preceded in death by a son, Daniel: a sister and brother-in-law: Mary and Robert Reichle; two brothers: Earl Woods and John Woods; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Frank Calmes, John (Clara) Jenkel, Ben (Linda) Jenkel, Clarence Jenkel, Fred Jenkel, Anita and Ed Woehler, Irene and Ed Ort, Helen and Lesley Koss, Ruth and Clarence Remter, Florence and Raymond Laudon and Roland Redlin.
Services will be held 11 a.m. Friday, March 12, 2010, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Town of Ellington, with Rev. Ron Ash officiating. Burial will take place at Highland Memorial Park. Friends may call at the church on Friday from 9 a.m. until the time of service. A memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to express a special thank you to the staff at Brewster Village for the wonderful care Margaret received during her stay.
606 N. Oneida St.
James Robert Jenkel
M, b. May 1, 1922, d. September 15, 2013
- Birth: James Robert Jenkel was born on May 1, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Margaret Mary Woods were married on April 11, 1944.
- Death: James Robert Jenkel died on September 15, 2013, at age 91.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jenkel, James Robert "Jim"
91, Town of Center, ended his journey on this earth on Sunday, September 15, 2013 and joined his beloved wife of over 60 years Margaret who proceeded him to heaven. Jim was born on May 1, 1922 to Fred and Bertha Jenkel on the family farm in the Town of Center. He lived there the majority of his 91 years until his health caused him to move to assisted living. He was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Ellington.
Jim worked on and later owned and operated the Jenkel family farm for almost his entire life. In later years he added driving school bus for Hortonville Area Schools to his resume, even though the bus route made for very long days when coupled with milking the cows and other chores of the farm. He truly enjoyed the kids on his bus and maintained relationships with many of them long after he quit driving.
Jim is survived by a daughter Carol (George) Lutzewitz; a son Steve (Valerie) Jenkel; grandchildren: Chris Lutzewitz, Sara (Chris) Genske, Kevin (Kim) Lutzewitz and Dax Jenkel; step-grandson: Craig Sommers; great-grandchildren: Seth, Kelsey, Keagen, Karson, James, Jaelyn; step great-grandchildren: Jordan and Brooke; step great-great-grandchildren: Adrian and Jillian; a brother: Edward (Margaret) Jenkel; sister: Ceclia Redlin; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Jim (Pat) Woods, Kate (Richard) Seidler, Helen Calmes, Joanne Gitter, Alice (Richard) Van Handel, Rita Woods and Marie Woods. He is further survived by numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Jim was preceeded in death by his parents Fred and Bertha Jenkel; his loving wife Margaret; a son Daniel Jenkel; brothers: John (Clara), Clarence (Ramona), Ben (Ruth) and Fred Jenkel; sisters: Anita (Ed) Woehler, Irene (Ed) Ort, Helen (Les) Koss, Florence (Ray) Laudon, and Ruth (Clarence) Remter; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law: Pat Redlin, John Woods, Earl Woods, Larry Gitter, Bernard (Gertrude) Bruening, Frank Calmes, and Mary (Robert) Reichle.
Funeral services for Jim will be held at 11AM, Thursday, September 19, 2013 at Trinity Lutheran Church in the town of Ellington with Rev. Ronald Ash officiating. Burial will take place at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. Friends may visit the family Wednesday, September 18, 2013, from 5 - 8 PM at the funeral chapel. There also be visitation at the church on Thursday, 9 - 11 AM.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial is being established.
The family would like to say thank you to the staff at Living Tree Estates who made Dad's final months comfortable and enjoyable, and to the staff on the 8th floor of the Appleton Medical Center for their understanding and thoughtfulness that went above and beyond at a very difficult time.
Steven Robert Jenkel
Valerie Jean Sauerbreit
John Henery Carew
M, b. December 28, 1909, d. January 31, 1987
Family: Irma L Carew (b. October 28, 1912, d. March 17, 2006)
- Birth: John Henery Carew was born on December 28, 1909.
- Death: He died on January 31, 1987, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Eunice Eva Lockett
F, b. May 19, 1932, d. December 6, 2004
- Birth: Eunice Eva Lockett was born on May 19, 1932 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 6, 2004, at age 72, in Waterford, Racine Co, Wisconsin.
Gertrude Mary Woods
F, b. May 19, 1917, d. September 15, 2012
- Birth: Gertrude Mary Woods was born on May 19, 1917 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Bernard Hubert Bruening were married on October 5, 1957 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gertrude Mary Woods died on September 15, 2012, at age 95, in Wisconsin Rapids, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gertrude M. Bruening, 95 of Milladore died on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at Riverview Hospital in Wisconsin Rapids.
Mass of Christian burial will be 10:30 am Thursday, September 20, 2012 at St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Milladore with Fr. John Ofori-Domah officiating.
Visitations will be on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 from 5-8 pm at the Martens/Rembs Funeral Home in Junction City and again on Thursday at the church from 9:30 am until service time. There will be a 5pm prayer service Wednesday at the funeral home.
Gertrude was born in town of Greenville, Outagamie County to Michael L. and Cecelia (Thompson) Woods. She attended St. Mary's Parochial School and graduated from Appleton High School in 1937.
She was united in marriage to Bernard H. Bruening on October 5, 1957 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Appleton. He died on August 8, 2011.
The treasures of her life were love of her family as well as her rosary, Irish heritage and extensive correspondence with family and friends.
Gertrude is survived by her children William (Jennifer) Bruening of Mosinee, Mary (Darnell) Tyjeski of Wisconsin Rapids and Anne (Joseph) Levendoski of New Berlin; eight grandchildren, Justin (Rebecca), Abby, Ben and Megan Tyjeski, Robert and Meghan Bruening, Catherine and Claire Levendoski.
She is further survived by one brother James (Patricia) Woods of New London, four sisters, Helen Calmes of Appleton, Joan (Larry) Gitter of Wisconsin Rapids, Alice (Richard) Van Handel of Appleton, Catherine (Richard) Seidler of Greenville, three sisters-in-law Marie Woods of Appleton, Rita Woods of Appleton and Bernardine Kelhofer of Wisconsin Rapids; one brother-in-law James Jenkel of Greenville.
Besides her parents and husband Bernard, she was preceded in death by four brothers, two in infancy, Earl and John Woods, three sisters, Agnes in infancy, Mary Reichle, Margaret Jenkel; one brother-in-law Frank Calmes.
Condolences may be sent online to www.rembsfh.com.
Bernard Hubert Bruening
M, b. January 24, 1924, d. August 8, 2011
- Birth: Bernard Hubert Bruening was born on January 24, 1924 in Milladore, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Gertrude Mary Woods were married on October 5, 1957 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Bernard Hubert Bruening died on August 8, 2011, at age 87, in Milladore, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bernard H. Bruening, age 87, passed away Monday August 8, 2011 at the family farm where he was born, raised and lived all his life. He was born January 24, 1924 in the Town of Milladore, WI. to William and Mary Bruening. On October 5, 1957, he married Gertrude Woods at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Appleton.
He is survived by his wife Gertrude, one son, William (Jennifer)Bruening, Mosinee, WI, two daughters: Mary (Darnell)Tyjeski, Wisconsin Rapids, Anne(Joseph) Levendoski, New Berlin, WI., 8 grandchildren and twin sister, Bernardine Kelnhofer. He is also survived by Gertrude's siblings: Helen Calmes, Appleton, Joan (Larry) Gitter, Wisconsin Rapids, Alice(Richard) Van Handel, Appleton, James (Pat) Woods, Freedom, and Catherine(Richard) Seidler, Town of Ellington. Also sisters-in-law: Marie Woods and Rita Woods and brother-in-law James Jenkel.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Henry(Marie) Bruening and brother-in-law Roman Kelnhofer. Also by Gertrude's siblings:Mary(Robert)Reichle, Earl and John Woods and Margaret Jenkel.
The funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 AM Saturday August 13, 2011 at St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church, Milladore, WI. with Rev. Paul Gitter officiating. Visitation will be on Friday from 5-8 PM at the church and again at the church from 9 to 10:30 AM Saturday
Martens/Rembs Funeral Home, Marshfield, WI.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on August 11, 2011.