F, b. April 22, 1905, d. September 27, 1978
- Birth: Emma Combs was born on April 22, 1905 in Illinois.
- Marriage: She and Leman Flavous Fairchild were married on October 12, 1929.
- Death: Emma Combs died on September 27, 1978, at age 73, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
William O Tordoer
M, b. May 19, 1933, d. November 15, 2007
- Birth: William O Tordoer was born on May 19, 1933.
- Marriage: He and Omeida J Fairchild were married on March 15, 1958.
- Divorce: William O Tordoer and Omeida J Fairchild were divorced on June 30, 1980.
- Death: William O Tordoer died on November 15, 2007, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Judy Kay Fairchild
F, b. July 11, 1943, d. July 21, 2014
- Birth: Judy Kay Fairchild was born on July 11, 1943 in Sibley, Ford Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: She and Gene Edward Kaddatz were married on October 28, 1977 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Judy Kay Fairchild died on July 21, 2014, at age 71, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Judy Kay Kaddatz, age 71, of Appleton, passed away on Monday, July 21, 2014, at Brewster Village, Appleton after fighting a courageous battle with COPD for several years. Judy was born in Sibely, Illinois, on a farm on July 11, 1943, to the late Flavous and Emma (Combs) Fairchild. She graduated from Appleton West High School in 1961. She worked at Oscar Boldt, Appleton Papers and then as a secretary for her husband Gene at his roofing company. Judy enjoyed playing sheepshead, poker, taking trips to the casino to try her luck at video poker, playing bingo, and traveling. Among the many places she visited, some of her favorites were; Scotland, Rome, Hawaii, Disney Land, and her summer place in Monico. She enjoyed traveling, but the greatest highlight of her life was when her grandson Hunter was born.
Judy is survived by her son: Thad (Dawn) Kluge and their son Hunter Kluge; her siblings Jack (Mary) Fairchild, Ronnie "Buck" (Mary Lou) Fairchild, and Peggy Holcomb; her step-children Rory (Karen) Kaddatz, Roxanne (Bryan) Neumann, and Roberta "Bobby Sue" (John) Warnke; and many nieces and nephews who loved her dearly. She was preceded in death by her husband Gene Kaddatz; her daughter Kelly Ann DeGroot and Kelly's husband Rick DeGroot; and her sisters Wanda Fairchild, Mary Perrault, and Omeida Tordoer.
Abiding with Judy's wishes, a private family burial will take place at Highland Memorial Park.
The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the nurses and staff of Brewster Village for all of the love and care they showed Judy. Judy captured the hearts of all who came in contact with her and was everyone's friend.
A memorial fund has been established in Judy's name. Contributions may be sent to Ronnie "Buck" Fairchild at: 427 S Main Street, Kimberly, WI 54136.
Arthur A Plank
M, b. June 22, 1910, d. March 1, 1998
Family: Abbie Cooke (b. April 20, 1909, d. March 20, 2002)
- Birth: Arthur A Plank was born on June 22, 1910.
- Death: He died on March 1, 1998, at age 87, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. April 20, 1909, d. March 20, 2002
- Birth: Abbie Cooke was born on April 20, 1909.
- Death: She died on March 20, 2002, at age 92.
Margaret Z Plank
F, b. June 18, 1933, d. March 2010
- Birth: Margaret Z Plank was born on June 18, 1933 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: She and Eugene William Bricco were divorced in 1971.
- Death: Margaret Z Plank died in March 2010, at age 76.
- Note: March 10, 2010
Bricco, Margaret Z.
Margaret Z Bricco, Menasha, age 76, passed away surrounded by her family at home following a short battle with cancer. She was born June 18, 1933, in Neenah, daughter of the late Arthur and Abbie (Cook) Plank.Margaret graduated from Neenah High School. She retired from Theda Clark Medical Center after 22 years of employment. Margaret loved spending time with her grandchildren and enjoyed embroidery, bird watching, making Christmas cookies and spending time at her parents' home on Lake Poygan. She really did love her dogs.
Survivors include her two children: Pam (Bill) Quick, Kip (Donna) Bricco; four grandchildren: Abbie, Adam (April), Beth and her fiance Brent, and April; a step-granddaughter, Melissa and her family; a great-grandchild on the way; brother, David Plank; sister, Dolores Verkuilen; and a sister-in-law, Lorraine Plank.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Gene Plank; brother-in-law, Melvin Verkuilen; and a sister-in-law, Carol Plank.
A private memorial service will be held for the family.
The family would like to thank Mary and the Theda Care at Home Hospice team for all their wonderful care and support.
205 W. Doty Ave.
Gene F Plank
M, b. October 31, 1934, d. July 7, 2007
- Birth: Gene F Plank was born on October 31, 1934 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 7, 2007, at age 72.
Lorraine A O'Conner
F, b. November 20, 1935, d. January 30, 2012
- Birth: Lorraine A O'Conner was born on November 20, 1935 in Portland, Cumberland Co, Maine.
- Death: She died on January 30, 2012, at age 76, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lorraine A. Plank, age 76, of Larsen, died Monday, January 30, 2012, at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah. She was born in Portland, Maine on November 20, 1935, to the late Leo and Josephine (Calderwood) O'Connor. On June 9, 1956, Lorraine married Gene F. Plank at the First United Methodist Church in Neenah. From 1955 to 1958 she worked for Wisconsin Tissue Mills, then for Sentry Foods for 27 years, and for 17 years Lorraine worked for Krueger's True Value until her retirement. For many years, she was a member of Ducks Unlimited enjoying the banquets for DU and the Lake Poygan Sportsmen Club. She served as the treasurer of the Boom Bay Association for many years. Lorraine was involved in many crafts and enjoyed selling at craft shows around the state. She also enjoyed making homemade gifts for friends and relatives. Lorraine was a NASCAR and Packer fan and enjoyed traveling.
Lorraine loved her family and truly loved spending time with them. She is survived by four children, Laurie (Brad) Bennett, Randy (Connie) Plank, Ronald (Nancy) Plank, Gene Plank, Jr.; four grandchildren, Jared Plank, Ryan Plank, Kimberly Asmus, and Kaylin Asmus; one brother, George (Jeanne) Snell; two sisters, Jean (Robert) McDonald, Mary (Erwin) Novak; step-brother, Thomas Graham; brother-in-law, David Plank; sisters-in-law, Delores Verkuilen and Linda Greetan; many nieces and nephews; a special friend, Judy Benner; and her special companion, her yellow lab Penny.
Along with her parents, Lorraine was also preceded in death by her husband, Gene, on July 7, 2007; one brother, Leo O'Connor; brother-in-law, Melvin Verkuilen; and two sisters-in-law, Carol Plank, Margaret Bricco.
A Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, February 4, 2012, at 12:00 p.m. at Mueller Funeral Home, Winneconne, with Pastor Grace Imathiu officiating. Burial will be in Lake View Cemetery in the Town of Wolf River. A Visitation for family and friends will be held on Saturday at the funeral home from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service.
904 E. Main St.
Winneconne, WI 54986
Please submit online condolences to
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on February 1, 2012.
M, b. December 21, 1918, d. October 7, 1998
- Birth: Orvil Stern was born on December 21, 1918.
- Death: He died on October 7, 1998, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Lois Mae Wolfmeyer
F, b. February 15, 1927, d. January 9, 2007
Family: Orvil Stern (b. December 21, 1918, d. October 7, 1998)
- Birth: Lois Mae Wolfmeyer was born on February 15, 1927 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 9, 2007, at age 79.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Sandra Kay Stern
F, b. September 3, 1953, d. March 1, 2010
- Birth: Sandra Kay Stern was born on September 3, 1953 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 1, 2010, at age 56, in Florida.
- Note: March 10, 2010
Buechel, Sandra K. (Stern)
Sandra K. (Stern) Buechel. The world lost a kind and gentle spirit when Sandy passed away from complications of a recent stroke. Sandy left us at age 56 to join her mom and dad and other loved ones on March 1, 2010, after being hospitalized at JFK Medical Center and the Jay Robert Lauer Hospice and Palliative Care Unit in Atlantis, FL.
Sandy was born into this world on September 3, 1953, to Orvil and Lois Stern in Appleton, WI. She grew up in the Appleton area and attended Appleton West High School, graduating in 1971. She continued her education at UW-Oshkosh and received a bachelor's degree in 1976. She was a member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority while in college.
Sandy married Donald L. Buechel on August 15, 1992, at St. James United Methodist Church in Appleton. Sandy was presently residing in West Palm Beach, Florida — with Florida being her home for the last 20+ years. She was employed in the billing/collections department at OB/GYN Specialists in West Palm Beach, Florida. Sandy enjoyed gardening, doing upholstery, sewing, dancing and had been an avid water and downhill skier. She will always be remembered for her love of family and her caring, sweet heart.
Sandy is survived by her loving husband and best friend, Donald Buechel, of West Palm Beach, Florida; her siblings: LuAnn (Ken) Van Handel of Appleton, Cheryl (Mark) Saltzman of Madison, and David (Tracy) Stern of Appleton; her mother- and father-in-law: Clarence and Valeria Buechel of St. Cloud; her brothers- and sisters-in-law: Gary (Janet) Buechel of St. Cloud and Donna (Allen) Hoerth of North Fond du Lac. She is further survived by nieces and nephews: Kris, Carol, Andy, Jeff, Alex, Henry, Brent, Bryan, Brad, Brittni, Dina, Brian, Eric and Cami; a special uncle and aunt, Ken and Carol Wolfmeyer of Wild Rose, WI/Boynton Beach, FL; and numerous cousins, extended family members, neighbors and friends —both in Wisconsin and Florida.
Sandy was preceded in death by her parents; grandparents August and Meta Stern and Viola and Leland Wolfmeyer; as well as an infant sister.
Cremation has taken place at Palm's West Funeral Home and Crematory in Royal Palm Beach, FL. A memorial service to honor Sandy will be held on Sunday, March 14, at St. James United Methodist Church in Appleton. Friends and family may call after 2:30 p.m. for a 3:00 p.m. celebration of Sandy's life.
Rest in peace, Sandy.
We love you.
Clarence Aloysius Buechel
M, b. March 4, 1926, d. May 29, 2012
- Birth: Clarence Aloysius Buechel was born on March 4, 1926 in Calumet County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 29, 2012, at age 86, in St Cloud, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Clarence Aloysious Buechel, age 86, of rural St. Cloud "St. Joe" left peacefully with the angels on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 after a long battle with Alzheimer's.
He was born March 4, 1926 to the late Henry & Agnes (Schneider) Buechel in the Town of Calumet.
He attended 1st grade in Garnet Public School and 2nd-8th grade at Holy Trinity School in Jericho.
Clarence married Valeria M. Groeschl on May 4, 1949.
He and Valeria farmed for one year in Marytown, 10 years in Brothertown, and 25 years in St. Joe until they retired. After retiring, Clarence continued working for Vic & Marion Steffes on their farm for 16 years.
Clarence was a member of the Catholic Knights. Most important in his life was his wife, Valeria, his children and their spouses, five grandsons and the three granddaughters he referred to as his "tootsies". He enjoyed farming, fishing, tractors, their dogs, Valeria's cooking, apples, watermelon, fig bars, orange slices and dancing polkas. Clarence and Valeria understood hard work and the value of a dollar which are values they instilled in their children.
Survivors include his wife, Valeria; three children, Gary "Buck" (Janet) Buechel of St. Joe, Donna (Allen) Hoerth of North Fond du Lac, and Donald Buechel of West Palm Beach, FL; eight grandchildren, Dina Hoerth, Brent Buechel, Brian Hoerth, Bryan Buechel and his fiancée Katie, Eric Hoerth, Brad Buechel, Brittni Buechel, and Cami Hoerth. Other survivors include brothers, Leander Buechel of Malone and Ambrose Buechel of Fond du Lac; sister, Alice Petrie of North Fond du Lac; brother's in-law Ed (Marie) Schneider and Leon (Sandy) Groeschl; sister's in-law, Lucille Cullen and Carol Groeschl; and many nieces & nephews.
Preceding him in death include his parents, Henry & Agnes Buechel; mother & father in-law Anthony and Veronica Groeschl; daughter in-law, Sandy Buechel; sisters, Viola (Lester) Schmitz and Romilda Schneider; sisters in-law, Marion Buechel, Margaret Buechel, Eileen Groeschl, Magdalene Groeschl, Mary Groeschl; brothers in-law, Sylvester Groeschl, Lester Groeschl, Anthony Groeschl, James Cullen, Harold Petrie; three nephews, Lester and Christopher Groeschl and Ken Cullen; a niece, Delores (Buechel) Ford.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at St. Isidore Parish, St. Joseph Church W620 County Road G St. Cloud, WI. Rev. Steven Kropp OFM Cap. will officiate. Burial will be in the St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery in St. Joe.
M, b. September 13, 1903, d. January 4, 1976
Family: Ella Rymer (b. April 11, 1908, d. September 19, 2001)
- Birth: Edward O'Bright was born on September 13, 1903.
- Marriage: He and Ella Rymer were married on February 21, 1930.
- Death: Edward O'Bright died on January 4, 1976, at age 72, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.