M, b. April 20, 1926, d. August 29, 2008
- Birth: Leonard Wozny was born on April 20, 1926 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 18, 1949 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 29, 2008, at age 82, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. January 9, 1879, d. February 10, 1950
- Birth: John Albers was born on January 9, 1879 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Schmidt were married in 1924 in Greenfield, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John Albers died on February 10, 1950, at age 71, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. April 25, 1885, d. June 17, 1957
Family: John Albers (b. January 9, 1879, d. February 10, 1950)
- Birth: Elizabeth Schmidt was born on April 25, 1885.
- Marriage: She and John Albers were married in 1924 in Greenfield, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Elizabeth Schmidt died on June 17, 1957, at age 72, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. March 15, 1883, d. September 3, 1973
Family: Henry H Willems (b. April 22, 1878, d. September 16, 1940)
- Peter Martin Willems (b. April 6, 1907, d. April 29, 1999)
- Petronella Marie Willems (b. January 22, 1909, d. June 13, 2001)
- Bertha Willems (b. March 15, 1911, d. July 17, 2008)
- Margaret Willems (b. June 8, 1912, d. September 25, 2007)
- Josephine Willems (b. June 21, 1915, d. July 22, 2007)
- Joseph Willems (b. June 21, 1915, d. August 10, 1988)
- Francis John (Dutch) Willems (b. April 15, 1917, d. September 6, 1957)
- Jeannetta Mae Willems (b. March 8, 1923, d. August 12, 2004)
- Birth: Mary Albers was born on March 15, 1883 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry H Willems were married on May 1, 1905 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Albers died on September 3, 1973, at age 90, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Peter Martin Willems
M, b. April 6, 1907, d. April 29, 1999
- Birth: Peter Martin Willems was born on April 6, 1907 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Doris Johnson were married on June 22, 1982 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Peter Martin Willems died on April 29, 1999, at age 92.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
F, b. April 8, 1912, d. May 21, 1974
- Birth: Anna Simoens was born on April 8, 1912.
- Death: She died on May 21, 1974, at age 62, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Petronella Marie Willems
F, b. January 22, 1909, d. June 13, 2001
Family 2: Roy Madsen (b. August 15, 1903, d. October 30, 1988)
- Birth: Petronella Marie Willems was born on January 22, 1909 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Frank Wozniak were married on January 28, 1931 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Petronella Marie Willems and Roy Madsen were married on October 26, 1975.
- Death: Petronella Marie Willems died on June 13, 2001, at age 92, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. January 29, 1905, d. March 28, 1974
- Birth: Frank Wozniak was born on January 29, 1905 in Glenmore, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Petronella Marie Willems were married on January 28, 1931 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Frank Wozniak died on March 28, 1974, at age 69, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
Henry Francis Wozniak
M, b. April 2, 1931, d. November 7, 1937
- Birth: Henry Francis Wozniak was born on April 2, 1931 in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 7, 1937, at age 6, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. March 15, 1911, d. July 17, 2008
- Birth: Bertha Willems was born on March 15, 1911 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Jules Brotski were married on September 15, 1932 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Bertha Willems died on July 17, 2008, at age 97.
- Note: July 19, 2008
Bertha Brotski, 97, a resident of Shady Lane Nursing Care Center, Manitowoc, passed away Thursday, July 17, 2008, at Shady Lane surrounded by her loving family. She was born March 12, 1911, in De Pere, daughter of the late Henry and Mary (Albers) Willems. On Nov. 23, 1932, she married Jules Brotski and he preceded her in death on Dec. 6, 1983. Bertha worked several years with the Girl Scout Association and was a member of the Manitowoc Senior Center and the Daughters of Isabella. She also did volunteer work for several nursing homes in Manitowoc and St. Vincent DePaul Society food pantry (hosting their food pantry in their home for many years.) She and her husband, Jules, were also volunteer drivers for the Manitowoc Chapter of the Red Cross. Bertha was responsible for the preparation of meals for various church related functions at St. Boniface Catholic Church. She enjoyed cooking, gardening, baking and playing Sheepshead.
Survivors include her five children, Lillian Mae and Vernon Lawerentz, Manitowoc; Arlene Kirch, Manitowoc; Alvin and Liliane Brotski, Charlottesville, Va.; David and Sally Brotski, Neenah; and Beverly and Stephen Hamann, Manitowoc; 12 grandchildren; 17 great- grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren. Many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends also survive.
She was preceded in death by her brothers and sisters, Martin, Marie, Margaret, Josephine, Joseph, Frances, and Janet; a son-in-law, John Kirch; and also by a very special granddaughter, Sharon Johnson.
Funeral Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, July 21, 2008, at St. Francis of Assisi on Grand, Manitowoc. Officiating at the Mass of Christian Burial will be the Rev. Daniel Schuster with burial at Calvary Cemetery, Manitowoc. The family will greet relatives and friends at The Pfeffer Funeral Home & Cremation Care Center, Manitowoc, from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 20, 2008. A prayer service will be held at 4:30 p.m. led by Rev. Daniel Schuster. Friends may also call Monday morning at St. Francis of Assisi on Grand, Manitowoc, from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service at 10:30 a.m.
M, b. October 30, 1911, d. December 6, 1983
- Birth: Jules Brotski was born on October 30, 1911.
- Marriage: He and Bertha Willems were married on September 15, 1932 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Jules Brotski died on December 6, 1983, at age 72.
F, b. June 8, 1912, d. September 25, 2007
- Birth: Margaret Willems was born on June 8, 1912 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Charles W VandenHeuvel were married on October 10, 1933 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Margaret Willems died on September 25, 2007, at age 95, in Bellevue, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 26, 2007
Vanden Heuvel, Margaret
Margaret Vanden Heuvel, 95, Bellevue resident, passed away on Sept. 25, 2007, at her home, with her family at her side. Margaret was born on June 8, 1912, in the Town of Lawrence, to the late Henry and Mary (Albers) Willems. On Oct. 10, 1933, she married Charles Vanden Heuvel at St. Boniface Church in De Pere. He preceded her in death on Oct. 15, 2000. She was a Charter Member of St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church, the church's Altar Society, the Homemakers Club and the Vandenhatters "Red Hat Club." She loved playing cards and bus trips. In her younger days, Margaret and Charles also loved afternoon dances at Cliff and Ceil's.
She will be sadly missed by two daughters and sons-in-law, Pat (Bob) Schmechel, Oconto Falls; Darlene (Larry) Englebert, Dyckesville; two sons and daughters-in-law, Don (Claudia) Vanden Heuvel, Bellevue; Ray (Dale) Vanden Heuvel, Bellevue; 11 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren; two great-great grandchildren; one sister Bertha Brotski, Manitowoc; one sister-in-law, Margaret Vanden Heuvel, Bellevue.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Charles, parents, three brothers, Martin, Joseph and Francis, and three sisters, Marie, Josephine and Janet.
Friends may call at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason Street on Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. Parish Prayer Service 7 p.m. Visitation will continue on Friday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at St. Philip the Apostle Church, 312 Victoria St. Mass of Christian Burial 10:30 a.m. at the church with Rev. David Pleier officiating. Entombment in the Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Online condolences may be sent to the Vanden Heuvel Family at www.prokowall.com .
The family would like to express their thanks to Unity Hospice; a very special thank you to Margaret's son and daughter-in-law, Ray and Dale, and granddaughter, Jody; and Sister Helen Keyzer.
Robert John Schmechel
M, b. August 26, 1936, d. September 29, 2016
- Birth: Robert John Schmechel was born on August 26, 1936 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 29, 2016, at age 80.
- Note: Robert "Bob" John Schmechel 80, passed away unexpectedly Thursday, September 29, 2016 at his son Brett's home where he enjoyed living the last six months. He was born on August 23, 1936 in DePere to the late Clarence and Irene (Verheyen) Schmechel. On May 11, 1955 he married Patricia VandenHuevel in Green Bay. He worked for many years at Nicolet Paper Mill in DePere. He loved the outdoors hunting, fishing, bowling, watching the Packers and spending time and with his family at his cabin in Alvin, WI. Bob was known for his quick wit and sense of humor as well as friendly wagers with his family. Survivors include His loving wife of 61 years Patricia, 3 children Margie Willman, Manitowoc; Theresa Busse, Lena; Brett (Kathy) Schmechel, Oconto Falls; one son-in-law Jack Montgomery, Howard; 4 grandchildren Shawn (Abby), Patrick, Travis and Collin; 3 great-grandchildren Kyla, Karson and Aria; 5 siblings Bev (Lloyd) Kolb; Ray (Marlene) Schmechel, Bonduel; Gene (Nancy) Schmechel, Alvin, WI; Roger (Mary) Schmechel, Green Bay; Jeff (Paula) Schmechel, Suamico; nieces, nephews other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by one daughter Kathy Montgomery; one son-in-law Dave Willman. The family will greet relatives and friends from 4-6 pm Wednesday at Rhodes-Charapata Funeral Home, Lena. Memorial Service 6 pm Wednesday October 5, 2016 with Rev. Mark Schmechel officiating. Please visit www.rhodescharapata.com to express online condolences.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Oct. 2, 2016.